What's new

Why is Thailand economically backwards?

Get rid of democracy and stop their sex industry.

Or better yet, take the 'mamasan' out of the equation, altogether!!!! (That should be, across the board, for all SE Asians Countries)

Hence, the infamous slogan '20 Dolla make you holla' stays up to it's expectation(s)!

:pakistan:

I dont think Thailand is a backward nation...I have been there..it is very beautiful country, neat-clean and having well developed infrastructure.

I cant think of any place in the world when it comes to good beer, delacious food and classic massage at very reasonable rates :-)
Thai economy is controlled by Chinese migrants. there is a small group of Thai elites on the top, majority of Thai is relatively poor. Thai has strengths in automobiles and electronics, but those fabrics do not belong to the Thai, but foreigners. Thai economy thanks the strengths in tourism largely to sex business. To be fair, yes, Thailand has a beautiful landscape, but they are in parts rotten because of mass tourism.

Thailand agribusiness is backward. a Vietnamese rice farmer produces double amount of rice per hectar with half of the cost compared to Thai rice farmers.

Thailand has Bangkok as a shining city, but you can forget the rest. The Thai society is deeply devided in rich and poor. no wonder the Yellow and the Red hate each other.

Let see when the country collapses. I hope soon. they harmed Vietnam many times in the past.

The Thai is like the Japanese of Southeast Asia. They're very polite and humble and will always make u feel good about yourself. However, when you turn your back against them; they probably don't even remember what they said to you one minute earlier:p: Thai people are very easy going and laid back type of folks; they take life easily. They hardly care about anything outside of Thailand. Thai people tend not to read other than those magazine fill with fashion, car, and celebrity gossip.

Thailand enjoys more than 60 years of democrapy and it has transformed into a very decent economy of $6000 USD/capita. The strength of the Thai's economy is clearly demonstrated in its annual auto sales of over 1.3 million cars; the highst sale volume in Southeast Asia. Thailand has a very developed infrastructure network all across the country and a very advanced auto parts manufacturing industry. Comparing Thailand and the Phillipines who both have enjoyed over 60 years of democrappy and little to no technology transfers; one can tell that Thailand has done a much better job of nation building in all leaps and bounds.

I have nothing against Thailand, but tbh I think it will just stop here, I see no consistency from their development, just like Vietnam.

Back
Top Bottom