What's new

Why is Pakistan not purchasing the Rafale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
money is the problem. so pakistans economy matters most.

I wud like to know the future of pak economy. will someone plz tell me?

Hi! I suggest you visit this thread for info on Pakistan's economy. http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/23426-pakistan-economy-news-updates-51.html Like they say, it s the 'one stop shop for all the news' regarding Pakistan economy. Big thanks to Neo! You are doing a great job buddy!

btw, Cockpuncher dude, you've got a great screen name!!!:D :rofl: :cheers:

the friendship is for money dear :devil: , if we have this amount in our pocket we can surely explore the russian marlet, chines can support us there! this will be a cheap market with equally good specs!

:rofl: ya thats tru man.
and i think russian hav oppened thir door for wepon sales for us after a long time.is it tru?im very hungry to see russian aircraft manuver live,specially six wings.tell me one thig more that russies allowed us for the sale of thrust vectoring engine for jf-17??

im realy in favour for buying russian aircraft.they rocks(not old,new ones only):flame:

yes something is certainly being sort out by pakistan and china! its true that russia do not want to lose india by pleasing us as they share a large portion of the russian arms export but what is equally true but often neglected is that if chain and pakistan can come up with joint deal with russians (as with JF17 engine) our joint arms import get two time that of india!
as i have mentioned, JF17 was a partical example of such joint ventures, the plane belong to china and pakistan now if russian would have not provided us with engines just to please indians it would have certainly effected there relation with china!

in my opinion, russia will never say no to us, not atleast in the deals which also involve chines!

a thrust vector engine seems a bit difficult for the JF currently but yes i have read a report about it that chines are convencing indians for a TV engine, though i cannot claim the reports crediability but still let us hope it is true!!

regards!

a thrust vector engine seems a bit difficult for the JF currently but yes i have read a report about it that chines are convencing indians for a TV engine, though i cannot claim the reports crediability but still let us hope it is true!!

can u explain this statement?

generally its a NO when we discuss the integration of of a TVC engine for JF, the planned upgrades for the new planes, perhaps for those which will form the second block includes:
westren avionics
increase in hard points
IRS seeker and some other discussed in detail on the relavant thread, i suggest you go through that!
on other hand i have also read a report stating the TVC deal and it has also been posted on this site but unfortunately i not remember on which thread! sorry for that.
i mean to say that this is a very confusing discussion, there are reports saying that there will be no TVC engine, even in the next block on the same time some of them (i know of atlest one) state that it is being worked on!
so in my opinion, it is not going to get here, not atleast util the third block production starts ie is almost in three - four years if every thing works according to time line!

i hope some senior can come up with more detailed picture!

regards!

Actually no..If it ever comes to that.PAF and PA will use all mighty force to keep country stable.In any case France will sell regardless of Talibans but for that we need money $$$$.Remember after 65 US sanctioned us and EAST Pakistan was so much destablizied that a french minsiter died there but France still gave us Mirages.

SO TRUE PAL.TRUE.
ITS ALL ABOUT MONY.:enjoy:

First of all we r not Arabs, who have alot of money but no training.
PAF officials knw very well that which air craft is best for PAF n i think they r still clicking on F-16.
Ex-ACM was asked in an interview that if he has to choose best aircraft for PAF then which option he will choose. He replied 'I will choose F-16 BLK 52+ or F-16 BLK 60.
So i thnk its jst like as harping same line that we should go ahead for other aircrafts.
Its clear that PAF always counter to IAF so F-16 is best AC for air combat.
In case of strike missions, its imposible to carry out a deep strike mission in India by any AC coz India is a large contury in respect to area so an aircraft cant cross such huge area.
Pakistan can carry out deep strike missions by missiles.
In case of medium strikes, Mirage V is still able to carry out such strikes.

therefore i think its jst a fobia to trigger weapon race.
Secondly our economy is not position to afford such expensive deals so we should cut our coats according to our clothes.

If any guy is looking toward IAF 12 bln $ deal then he must relise that India can afford coz Indian defence budget is equal to our total budget therefore insisting on Rafale is just childhood

Again same issue i don't seem to understand why do we keep having these repated threads / posts when we know the answers to them! why talk about something that we can't get nor will have ! i dont see this aircraft coming in to PAF i hope others would agree with me...

this is very odd...

every1 here claims russian hardware is crap and has lots of maintenence/spares issues and a low mean time before overhaul. yet every1 wants russian stuff like tvc for engines.

and pakistan cant afford rafael it costs 80 million for 1 plane not to mention expensive aam

and new avionics for jf-17 will also be expensive they will cost almost more than the entire a/c.

Well Talibans needs to be flushed out first before we even talk about good economy.

According to rupeenews.com, pakistan economy is growing robustly at 7% P.A and foreign investments are flowing in at rates that 'make the indians jelous'??:argh:

Its very simple, Pakistan doesn't have the billions to afford it

Its very simple, Pakistan doesn't have the billions to afford it

In the current senario it's correct, but who knows in future it might be possible for PAF to get these buties.:enjoy:

In the current senario it's correct, but who knows in future it might be possible for PAF to get these buties.:enjoy:

But in future these buties will become old granny and new hotties will come to replace them..... :whistle: so if pakistan have money in future they will go for 5th gen fighter .. ...... say what ??? :cheers:

Aoa,
I think after j10 we should not go for Rafale its an expensive bird as we all know only thing that should be focused is the second version of JF17 any comment......
Regards

Aoa,
I think after j10 we should not go for Rafale its an expensive bird as we all know only thing that should be focused is the second version of JF17 any comment......
Regards
the merits and de merits of this option have been discussed earlier, i sugget you to kindly go through the thread!

i hope this would help you

regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom