What's new

Why is Pakistan not purchasing the Rafale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANGER-ZONE

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I think France had offered us Rafale almost two years ago.France is one of good friends of our,always offered us its latest tenologies.recently France offered us somthing of nuclear tecnologies,and he wants to be our strategic partner.

i wonder why we aren't buying Rafale from france.?i ve read few problems about it(acc to PAF)like twin engine,high cost,fuel drinking machine..etc.
why we r beging America for the sale of f-16 block52,they r giving us old general dinamics f-16a and for f-16 block-52,they r still talking on this topic in the parliment that wathere we sale f-16s to Pakistan or not.i think they would sale f-16 block52 when it would b in phase-out ceremony all over the world.we asked for EARLY WARNING SYSTEM,UAVs,APACHI,F18 and NUCLEAR TECNOLOGIES,they refused all.
is this enough insult:cry:,?
we cannot leav our closest friend CHINA for the purchase or American wepons.i think,if we had adeal with france for rafale in early stages,our airforce would be flying a few rafles right now.but we preferred f-16 insted of 4+ generation fighter.:tsk:

just take a look on these pics.

c9bad349912044ea00021dffab9346d4.jpg

ff0a744d41d708a3bf6648a434c821e7.jpg

do you people think that this is worthy for us at high costs.??:undecided:

Attachments

• c9bad349912044ea00021dffab9346d4.jpg
    c9bad349912044ea00021dffab9346d4.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
What a stupid question. Yes, I admit Rafale is a top Plane but ever thought of money? How shall PAF afford them? We are already struggling for planes and then we shall buy those costy planes? Besides, France is no good friend, they have supplied India with their toys,too!
So no chance in near future, Rafale has been discussed often on the forum so read through the threads. Additionally, FC-20 is a good plane,too

Last edited:
Rafale is a good plane I flew that couple of time, I also tried Euro fighter too. I honestly like euro fighter better. and they are both better then F-16. Oh did I mention I fly them in my PS3 game (Hawk) heheheh

Man we all running for J10 are we ever going to get that or keep dreaming about it?

Rafale is a good plane I flew that couple of time, I also tried Euro fighter too. I honestly like euro fighter better. and they are both better then F-16. Oh did I mention I fly them in my PS3 game (Hawk) heheheh

And you think HAWX is an adequate simulation? :D I am a bit impressed as the game was produced by French company and the Eurofighter is better than the french Rafale in the game.

Thanks for providing all that info and those pics, Rafale is an impressive aeroplane. But the answer to your question is very simple. Apart from the money issue as above posters mentioned, there is this:

935d78e8df8cc0445c86318eceb7d774.jpg

If you know that most nations cannot afford planes like JSF, Rafale, EF2000, F22 then you understand that you can get something like MKI. Plane from A, electronics form B etc. JF17 is plane developed with China and possibly parts from B... Same goes for FC20... And still it is a lot cheaper then one can even get one outdated second hand market.

Second, you do not want to get caught cause there are politics. If you know that boycots are usual these days and some nations hardly care whether you are right or not... You know you cannot be depending on others all the time.

And you think HAWX is an adequate simulation? I am a bit impressed as the game was produced by French company and the Eurofighter is better than the french Rafale in the game
Dude try that game and see what I am talking about, its one of the best game I ever played.

perhaps for the same reason for which we are not buying
eurofighter
gripen
F18
JSF
and........

Rafale is a good option for future, our focus is on JF-17 (+ future derivatives) and FC-20. And ofcourse there's the third new design, the F-16CD.

Its not in our interest to induct too many new platforms at the same time.

The Rafale look stunning.

It believed that The Rafale is probably the 3RD best Fighter in the world for deep strike missions thanks to its very impressive Stealth Spectra System.

3rd behind F22 & soon to be inducted JSF.

In contrast its also felt that Rafale is inferior to Typhoon IN air to air combat.

In my opinion The french have lost out big orders because they have not marketed the plane as aggressively as the EADS of Typhoon or the Americans do with they last versions of F16/F15..

For me both Rafale is on par with Typhoon & 2nd only to JSF/F22.

But outrageously expensive ie $90m each

Compare J10 $30M EACH or JF17 $15M

su30mki $45m

F16/52 $40M

F18S/H $55M

Gripen $50m

Nevertheless a great War plane if you have a few billion spare $$$$

As far as i know USA still talking on this topic that wether they sale f-16 c/d to pakistan or not.so when we will recive those f-16s,and when we will recive upgrades 4 our old 1s.i guesss it would b done when f-16 would b near to its phase out ceremony:undecided:.
or
usa is going to repeat the past like 90s.

plz guys tell me one thing.after those wepons which wer used in 1965 war,we asked for many thing from america and get only a few.
so r we xpecting good from usa for future.i think if,i say IF usa sale gives us f16 block 52 that would b the last sale of advance wepons to Pakistan.allthough we will keep on reciving junk like those busted old COBRAs.

im saying that we should look forword to other countries.j10 is good option but dont know when we will recive that.Pakistan do not hav any big or long range fighter xcept f16.
now usa is attrecting towards india and i guess india would disengage the purchase of wepons from Russia.

so we can go to russia for aircrafts like mig-35,su-35,su-33 or su-30mk.
we can go to uk for ef2000(i think they had offered us ef2000 too)

i dont feel good when Pakistani insists and beg towards usa for the sale of wepons and they always use to refuse.:tsk:

Last edited:
The Rafale look stunning.

It believed that The Rafale is probably the 3RD best Fighter in the world for deep strike missions thanks to its very impressive Stealth Spectra System.

3rd behind F22 & soon to be inducted JSF.

In contrast its also felt that Rafale is inferior to Typhoon IN air to air combat.

In my opinion The french have lost out big orders because they have not marketed the plane as aggressively as the EADS of Typhoon or the Americans do with they last versions of F16/F15..

For me both Rafale is on par with Typhoon & 2nd only to JSF/F22.

But outrageously expensive ie $90m each

Compare J10 $30M EACH or JF17 $15M

su30mki $45m

F16/52 $40M

F18S/H $55M

Gripen $50m

Nevertheless a great War plane if you have a few billion spare $$$$

thanx mate fore prices.:enjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom