What's new

Why is My Hijab Your Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why My (Western) Law, Your Problem????

Having laws which contradict Human rights, Freedom of Expression and Liberty are double standards and dumb people like u buy them and accept them. There are people who love their liberty and freedom more than u!

That is the battle: to win the majority's support and take the steam out of the extremists' agenda.
Is zardari or all those generals ruled with majority's support?Majority's support is just a perception.Its the minority elites which decides the fortunes of majority and impose those rule on it to lull them in sleep.

Developereo, I agree with you that we are a conservative muslim society. My stance is that "we never changed", so why the need to find another equilibrium. When were we ever Westernized?

You're looking for a new equilibrium, which in-fact does not exist!

Think of it like this: Pakistan in 1975, do you like the view???? Or would you prefer a modded and further polarized version of Pakistan in 2012 (minus the TTP arsewipes)?

I agree with you that we have regressed since the 70s. In fact, I would argue that the Qadyani ruling was unfortunate pandering by ZAB, whom I respect tremendously in other ways, to the mullahs. Do we go back to the 70s way, or do we go forward and find a new balance by undoing the Zia damage?

I agree with you that we have regressed since the 70s. In fact, I would argue that the Qadyani ruling was unfortunate pandering by ZAB, whom I respect tremendously in other ways, to the mullahs. Do we go back to the 70s way, or do we go forward and find a new balance by undoing the Zia damage?
Undoing Zia damage. And we finally agree! :drag:

Is zardari or all those generals ruled with majority's support?Majority's support is just a perception.Its the minority elites which decides the fortunes of majority and impose those rule on it to lull them in sleep.

That's true of any system, democratic or otherwise. Society is always ruled, in fact, behind the scenes, by an elitist oligarchy.

However, the sentiments of the majority have to be respected to a certain extent or you end up having violent revolutions.

I believe that extremism begets extremism.

We are not going to solve Pakistan's battle with extremism through a civil war. Barring pathological cases like the TTP, who have to be killed, the rest of society has to be engaged in dialog. That means talking to them and listening to their legitimate concerns. Pakistan is not Sweden or Holland; we are a conservative Muslim society and people want their kids growing up in an environment that reflects their values. If they don't want nude beaches, **** and liquor shops, and hookers lounging in street-front windows, then that's what they can decide democratically.

That is a perfectly reasonable demand as long as minority rights are respected, and people who fail to understand that are also part of the problem on the other side.

Frankly, I am just as dismayed by people who have given up on Islam and believe that a society rooted in Islamic values can not be progressive and provide equal human rights to all its citizens.

Frankly that is the sad part. The city I live in follows islamic traditions and let me tell you, we are in reverse gear on each and every front. I have to be on my toes with people who actually profess to be staunch muslims. There are no deadlines to anything, if I hear the word "Inshallah" from one of these bearded guys that automatically means its not going to happen and I have to make other arrangements as well. Such is my personal experience for the past 4 years. If you could name one thing we are better than the west that actually matters I would rethink my position. How is the city that you reside in doing?

Religion never has been a problem per say in any society. It is always over population and the thirst to survive. a country of 300 million people can never agree to bring the shariah law which will be used to thin the herd with their 1400 year old made up facts. You concentrate on the now and bring social parity using todays methods.

Undoing Zia damage. And we finally agree! :drag:

I have no problem with undoing Zia because I don't see it as a betrayal of Islam. In fact, I would argue that his actions themselves were against Islamic values, since all he did was promote facade piety rather than deeper values. Any society that allows extremism, intolerance, violence and injustice to the weak is not Islamic, regardless of what the leaders call it.

Frankly that is the sad part. The city I live in follows islamic traditions and let me tell you, we are in reverse gear on each and every front. I have to be on my toes with people who actually profess to be staunch muslims. There are no deadlines to anything, if I hear the word "Inshallah" from one of these bearded guys that automatically means its not going to happen and I have to make other arrangements as well. Such is my personal experience for the past 4 years. If you could name one thing we are better than the west that actually matters I would rethink my position. How is the city that you reside in doing?

That is Pakistan's problem in a nutshell. We are full of facade piety but our actions betray Islam in every way. People will say their prayers and then go back to their shops and cheat their customers and on taxes.

At least in the 'kaffir' West, if someone says they will do one thing, chances are they will actually do it as they promised.

I have no problem with undoing Zia because I don't see it as a betrayal of Islam. In fact, I would argue that his actions themselves were against Islamic values, since all he did was promote facade piety rather than deeper values. Any society that allows extremism, intolerance, violence and injustice to the weak is not Islamic, regardless of what the leaders call it.

What I really want is to return back to the time of Ayyub. Peroid. :D

That is Pakistan's problem in a nutshell. We are full of facade piety but our actions betray Islam in every way. People will say their prayers and then go back to their shops and cheat their customers and on taxes.

At least in the 'kaffir' West, if someone says they will do one thing, chances are they will actually do it as they promised.

That is just how it happens. The least you can do is pray that we get a Kafir government like where you live so that we can be free to practice our religion with as much ease as yourself. That is actually the least you can do instead of praying for us having something which even you are not comfortable being in the middle of.

That is just how it happens. The least you can do is pray that we get a Kafir government like where you live so that we can be free to practice our religion with as much ease as yourself. That is actually the least you can do instead of praying for us having something which even you are not comfortable being in the middle of.
My point exactly. Whosoever gives such righteous speeches, needs to come back home and face the music! :D

What I really want is to return back to the time of Ayyub. Peroid. :D

I don't know much about him. I hear generally good things, but there are also alternative claims.

All I am advocating for Pakistan is what is already present in the West: a democratic process, a society reflective of the wishes of its citizenry, and Constitutional protection for minority/individual rights.

But isn't this a common trend? I have heard that the UK Pakistan community is way more radicalized than normal Pakistanis living in Pakistan. It maybe an over compensatory mechanism of wearing the religion on the sleeve in a foreign land. Or it may just be that it is easy to wish a theocratic state when you live in the lap of liberal democracy. I am not hinting at anyone here please. Just making a general observation.

But isn't this a common trend? I have heard that the UK Pakistan community is way more radicalized than normal Pakistanis living in Pakistan. It maybe an over compensatory mechanism of wearing the religion on the sleeve in a foreign land. Or it may just be that it is easy to wish a theocratic state when you live in the lap of liberal democracy. I am not hinting at anyone here please. Just making a general observation.

Perhaps it's a firm belief, through living in the West, that lasting solutions are found through dialog and democracy rather than force and civil strife. Of course, extremists on either side will call it appeasement of the other side, but we support moderates like Imran Khan rather than extremists on either side who would take the country to civil war.

Perhaps it's a firm belief, through living in the West, that lasting solutions are found through dialog and democracy rather than force and civil strife. Of course, extremists on either side will call it appeasement of the other side, but we support moderates like Imran Khan rather than extremists on either side who would take the country to civil war.

Imran Khan is no moderate boss.

He is admittedly slick and westernised when he wants to be.

But he is no moderate liberal.

When in doubt about a man, see how he treats his women. Or how he relates to dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom