What's new

Why I don’t support Imran Khan

Truth be told, Pakistanis cannot discern between democracy or communism or dictatorial regimes, neither do they give a 5hit! What has democracy given us? or to the west for that matter? Except for gay rights, overt vulgarity and profanity and the freedom of expression to abuse prophets and God, what has been the outcome of democracy in the west?? Mind you , their immaculate systems and institutions have NOTHING to do with democracy as thier paragon of governance! If thats the case, what can one say of China?

As a Pakistani, I don't care if Imran Khan is democratic or not, in fact I adhere to the school of thought of purported by the likes of Voltaire and Montesque. If a leader and his party members are HONEST, and uphold the values of Justice and Integrity, that's whats required in Pakistan! Imran Khan seems to be that man. We must give him a chance. Secondly, the criteria of selecting a leader for the country must be performance, something Altaf Bulldog or Nawaz Phussy Cat never demonstrated despite incessant terms of rule. On the other hand, three things NO OTHER politician can outdo Imran Khan when it comes to performance are:

1. 92 World Cup (He demonstrated highest level of achievements in his personal career, and displayed leadership)
2. Shaukat Khanum (Establishing and running a world class hospital, shows his administrative prowess and the will to accomplish against odds)
3. NAMAL University (His aim to establish this institute speaks mountains about the fact that he has the right direction in terns of education and economics as a national policy.

WHAT HAS ALTAF OR NAWAZ DONE?????????????????????????????? TO MATCH THESE

The man has the virtuosity and the volition, I was also skeptical of Imran Khan, but since the last 6 months and a slight change in his strategy is making me believe in him. As far as MQM is concerned, its a fascist party, rather a crime syndicate.

Before i end my rant, :D her is a qoute from Voltaire: "I would rather be ruled by one lion than a hundred rats" Pakistan needs an honest dandey baaz leader!

Why I don’t support Imran Khan – The Express Tribune Blog

8720-iikk-1320245888-661-640x480.jpg

This is not the way a revolution happens – with unquestioning obedience and a blind following; this is how cults are made. That is exactly what we have happening here, much like the cult following of the Bhuttos, Imran Khan is cultivating the image of a one man show (much like his cricketing years I might add).

Tribune seriously needs to edit these articles . oh.. perhaps they are ... and failing miserably. The author doesn't realise that people are after change .. people are frustrated .. and even if Imran brings the so called cult . I am sure it will 10000 times better than any other politician or party we have at present

How can he stand out from the rest when he follows the same policies? For those that don’t know, the PTI does not hold internal elections, Imran Khan is the president for life and office bearers are appointed.

If we tolerate his pandering now how can we expect him to deliver on his promises in power?

What is the point of having any elections in a party that has yet to establish itself as a proven political force? There is something called prioritization ... but perhaps pirzada has yet to learn this concept .

You are empowering him to become a hostage of the ‘powers that be’ in the future. He has consistently failed to come up with a rational platform of his own, instead he latches onto one issue after the next emulating the Jamaat-e-Islami mullahs in a manner typical of a born again Muslim. This shows a distinct lack of vision which is systemic in our political system, so again how is Imran Khan better or different?

What is wrong with talking on issues? At this point the country really needs politicians who tackle issues head on versus the useless stuff they tend to focus on.

The immediate answer is of course ‘corruption’.

I concede, that with the bar this low he can’t be worse, but as for his promises of bringing an end to corruption, just take a look at who he’s been bringing in to the party recently. You can ignore the developments if you want, but just consider this scenario:

Let’s assume for a moment that Imran Khan becomes the Prime Minister – the only way he is will get there is by tapping into the rightist conservative vote bank of the PML-N, PML-Q and JI plus the poor, under-educated masses who also follow the conservative line on ‘controversial issues’ — the urban educated middle class simply isn’t enough in numbers. He is beholden to them. Now keep in mind these people have traditionally voted for the opposition parties in the Imran Khan government (PPP, PML-N and PML-Q) so he goes after their members and leaders, they cry politically motivated persecution just as they did under Musharraf and mobilize these same people against him. If you don’t believe me you need to read up on our political history.

Rightist conservative vote bank , poor, under educated masses and urban educated middle class - he has mentioned almost everyone except the elite of the country .. and the most amazing is .. the last sentence highlighted .. if you don't believe me .. you don't have the knowledge 'for I know it all' .. what a joke..

At this stage Imran Khan has lost his mandate and is forced to either back down or take the more forceful measures as might befit a dictator. The latter approach seems to suit his character type more. So, Khan is now in a classic catch-22; he alienates people further no matter what. His only option for political survival is to compromise just as General Musharraf had to do.

Huh? now its clear that this guy has some complex ... I don't support IK or any politician for that matter but this guy's IQ must be really low to construct such sentences ..

Now assume that I’m wrong.

You are not only wrong but you seem to have no idea on what you are talking about ...was he high when writing this??

Imran Khan manages to deliver in this aspect – how is he going to run the country?

With his foreign policy of alienating the US and negotiating with extremists?

Why not ?? What have brought to ourselves by fighting and killing our own people and being lackeys of Americans? Please tell me ...

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

no wonder ... look at this guy's profile

Umer Pirzada
A partner with Pacific Computers Limited who is working for the preservation of human rights with various NGOs

and he talks about political history ...

Consumer politics of IK in his authoritarian bent and simplistic solutions is any better ? PTI cannot electorally succeed with their given the contradictions and right-wing tendencies.

What elections are you talking about brother? the one where Nawaz's goons are caught red handed with fake stamps and electoral paraphernalia? or where Farooq Sattar wins by a number of votes that exceeds the limit of the total voters of the constituency?? Quit hollering!

there are no elections in Pakistan... only 'selections'

People discuss Shaukat Khanum again, again and again

i have 5 doctors in my family and many relatives in Lahore. I have heard so many Bad things about it. Better not discuss them here.

photo.php

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

i have 5 doctors in my family and many relatives in Lahore. I have heard so many Bad things about it. Better not discuss them here.

By all means, lets here it! don't shy away if you have something to inform forum members

Lets praise the guy for his fantastic and honest work and establishing that hospital. there might be prblems with the hospital and its management, but that doest not mean he hasnt done something good.

By all means, lets here it! don't shy away if you have something to inform forum members

thing is i don't have anything to share other than personal experience. Here at defence.pk you post later and people ask you for links earlier :lol:

all i want is that you people must not take everything is granted. IK is doing something good doesn't mean whatever he is doing is good. Try to look here and there, sit with different people and gather knowledge

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Lets praise the guy for his fantastic and honest work and establishing that hospital. there might be prblems with the hospital and its management, but that doest not mean he hasnt done something good.

a general question. ( not at all related to IK )

a man who cant run a hospital is good for PM job?

a general question. ( not at all related to IK )

a man who cant run a hospital is good for PM job?

Well, i am not defending him, as every pakistani leader is the same to us. But lets be fair, that was good work and it needs to be recognized. Is he directly in charge of the hospital? is he a doctor? does he manage it?

You are correct Imran is far from perfect. But have you looked at the alternative options.

guys you have no other better option than Imran Khan..... bring anyone better than Imran i will come with you in support of that candidate ...... Agree ?
where is you ultimate leader except Imran .name any ? you have no better than him
SO MY vote goes IK :cheers:

I think he has matured and now has the right support and mentality to do an extremely difficult job. We MUST give him a chance and hopefully the country will reap the rewards - IK has done the apprenticeship now lets watch him become a leader!!!

the educated youth of Pakistan is supporting IK and its totally different from the support to other parties on bradri base.............

I think if Musharraf becomes president & Imran Khan primeminister than Pakistan can develop alot. I wish to see massive economy boom & rapid development of cities in Pakistan, also industrial revolution(most of them Pakistan based industries in automobile & electronic goods sectors, for god sake we should have atleast one major automobile industry & one major electronic items, like cell phones, mp3's, laptops, tv's etc, industry.)

I think if Musharraf becomes president & Imran Khan primeminister than Pakistan can develop alot. I wish to see massive economy boom & rapid development of cities in Pakistan, also industrial revolution(most of them Pakistan based industries in automobile & electronic goods sectors, for god sake we should have atleast one major automobile industry & one major electronic items, like cell phones, mp3's, laptops, tv's etc, industry.)

I feel the same too. Imran should be the Prime Minister, and Musharraf should be the President. If not, he must take control of Foreign affairs. He rocked in that.

Well SMR bhai that is your choice.

We all know the existing parties. Non of them deserve the power.

MQM - We can witness today how they can run Karachi, a place they took control over with their terrorism in hearts of Karachittes.
I dont want to turn this thread into mqm bashing thread. But the only era when they got the full power was mush era, and they proved to be the best party for karachi. So i believe if they are given chance at national level, they will prove even better. Say no to propaganda.

PPP - They already are running the government and inflation is on peak with every month new prices comming out. Development of economy and Infrastructure is neglected.
PMLN - We have experienced them too over a decade ago. Nawaz Shareed turned out to be a cheat who was going to sell Pakistan's WMD program to US. (Air Cmdr (R) Kaiser Tufail)
PMLQ - Do we need to talk about them?
ANP - We know them in and out too.
Anp and PMLQ cannot form govt, without coalition / alliances. But these parties have a good votebank as compare to PTI. PPP / PMLN have been tested numerous times.

Do you want them again, or give PTI a chance. PTI and Imran Khan are faaar more matured, formal and trustworthy.
This guy deserves a chance through his actions and clear thinking.

Even if you think the above statement is wrong, he still deerves a chance as the major parties listed above dont.

Well, I agee if you have said all this about IK alone, not about the entire PTI. I am still waiting for the list of PTI members, how can you paint all of them with same brush with which you paint IK, IK's honesty and clean character is not questionable, but his party consist of many members kicked out from other parties.

Other options! i am surprised that why did you forget pervez musharraf, he is also clean character, in his era pakistan's economy was much stable.

I sincerely wish that IK and mush join together and fight together against already tested and tried parties.

Back
Top Bottom