What's new

Why Economists Are Still Baffled by India’s GDP Growth

Only kufr faiths have been blasted so far. They are false and not even religions. Relax.

Posted in April 20. After April, May came and went. Then came June. Then came July. July passed into September. Now September is about to pass into October.

Check this about India and China then... from IMF itself. :angel:
Indias Economic Growth to Beat Chinas in 2016: IMF - NDTVProfit.com
You can also take a look at this -
India and the IMF -- Page 1 of 25

There is nothing critical about Modi in the main article. Only that India's policies are perpetuating a fraud. Too bad even the IMF and all global bodies have been fooled by us regarding this. :)
I wasn't speaking about this article but rather answering to one of the Bhakt, Please go through the conversation before replying. It saves time for both of us....:coffee:

I still remember IMF oct 2014 report where the projected growth rate for india was less than 7% till 2017 and just around 5% for 2013 but with this new magic mathod of calculation,the growth rate for 2013 increased from less than 5% to 6.9%.

Let's not bring China into this - M-kay?? :rolleyes1:

Have you ever been to Beijing, or Shanghai or even 3rd tier cities like Shenzhen??

There is a Chinese section in this forum - go take a look please. Comparing Bharat with China is a foolhardy exercise. It'll take you at least a couple more decades to match China in infrastructure, much less GDP. I know the RSS-ers keep thumping their collective chests - but if chest thumping equated to development then I have little to say....

Keep comparing yourselves with us (like so many WB bongs do) so you'll keep feeling better and keep hiding your head in the sand.

I've been to both China and India recently and there is no comparison. You Bhartiyas have neither the discipline, nor the work ethic, nor the vision as a large nation to pull off what China has done in the last two decades.
Where have u been to in China? :-):p:

bilal.

Are you worried ABOUT the size of the indian GDP

a bangaldeshi studying INDIAN GDP

seems to be a case of DENIEL OR ENVY maybe

The thing that baffles me is how India can be having such great growth for the last 20 years but their cities still look abysmal.

GDP numbers can only be credible when you can see it in reality.

maxresdefault.jpg
UK BENGALI

re:
The thing that baffles me is how India can be having such great growth for the last 20 years but their cities still look abysmal.

What compared TO NEW YORK OR EUROPE yes.

but Pakistan or Bangladesh INDIAN CITIES ARE MILES AHEAD

CARE TO SEE

I WILL EDUCATE YOU this is 2015 not 1990

n-INDIA-CITIES-MODERN-large570.jpg

Delhi_mov_night.jpg

New%20Indian%20City.jpg

Modi will revise the GDP as many times as needed to make India a shupa powa. Jai hind!

An empty vessel makes the loudest noise. Currently since taking public office well over a year ago, nothing concrete has transpired within India except for theatrical statements to please the naive crowd. India needs at least $1 trillion in the next decade in infrastructure investment, if they hope to compete with China.

An empty vessel makes the loudest noise. Currently since taking public office well over a year ago, nothing concrete has transpired within India except for theatrical statements to please the naive crowd. India needs at least $1 trillion in the next decade in infrastructure investment, if they hope to compete with China.
What i don't understand even if it's fake GDP how that concerns or affect you ...............
The way you downplay india's growth and advancement and endorse pakistanis is mind boggling..........Husain Haqqani to Pakistan: Stop competing with India and start focusing on our own welfare | Page 17

In you view pakistan has concrete growth while india has done nothing concrete and stuck in last one year
nothing concrete has transpired within India except for theatrical statements to please the naive crowd.
is kind of wrong thinking

What i don't understand even if it's fake GDP how that concerns or affect you ...............
The way you downplay india's growth and advancement and endorse pakistanis is mind boggling..........Husain Haqqani to Pakistan: Stop competing with India and start focusing on our own welfare | Page 17

In you view pakistan has concrete growth while india has done nothing concrete and stuck in last one year

is kind of wrong thinking

You should read my previous message with meticulous care, because clearly such nonsense would not have been written by you in the first place. This forum is designated with the title of Pakistan Defence Forum, therefore as a Pakistani I have every right and obligation to participate in this discussion. I was replying to brother Hongwu, therefore where exactly do you come into the picture? In the thread of Hussein Haqqani, I did not write a single sentence which downplayed the growth of India and the advancement of Pakistan. Instead I replied back to an Indian member who spoke on the idea that no one is willing to invest in Pakistan and the security situation is bad. Next time read my message at least three times, so that the information can go inside your brain for comprehension. Things are changing in Pakistan and its growth or its future success as nothing to do with India and vice versa.

For India to compete with China in the distant future and to become a manufacturing hub, the Modi Government needs to bring in an investment of $1 trillion in infrastructure projects. Currently he has been given pledges to receive investments from different countries, however so far that has been in paper and not concrete reality on the ground. In response to Pakistan, the country has many challenges although for the first time since 2007, things are looking much better and again this has nothing to do with India in terms of comparison.

however so far that has been in paper and not concrete reality on the ground.
can more elaborate it facts and figure?.......because just saying not concrete or in paper doesn't make sense

Where have u been to in China? :-):p:

I've been to Beijing, Shanghai and Guangdong mostly - on business. Been to Kunming also for a few days - passing through on my way to Dhaka.

In China people are very hospitable to Bangladeshi people and I reciprocate their good gesture and fellow-feeling.

A lot of uneducated extremist Indian posters here have never seen China, they have no clue - so I was trying to tell them what China has become....

maxresdefault.jpg
UK BENGALI

re:

What compared TO NEW YORK OR EUROPE yes.

but Pakistan or Bangladesh INDIAN CITIES ARE MILES AHEAD

CARE TO SEE

I WILL EDUCATE YOU this is 2015 not 1990

n-INDIA-CITIES-MODERN-large570.jpg

Delhi_mov_night.jpg

New%20Indian%20City.jpg

How old are you kid?

Pitching some residential towers up 60 floors (that too only in a few places like Gurgaon or north of Mumbai) does not equate to progress. This has got to be a joke with the pictures you showed - because that last bridge is not in India. And those shopping places and office towers are common across all our countries.

Progress means -

1. The rate of education,
2. The rate of sanitation (Bathrooms),
3. The rate of immunization to common diseases (polio etc.), and
4. The rate of mortality

is better than your neighbor (Bangladesh) with half your GDP.

Progress also means that farmers don't have to kill themselves with pesticide because they could not pay their loans.

In any case - I don't like measuring progress by pictures of buildings and bridges.

You are wrong, India needs 1 trillion investment not in the next decade, but in the next 5 years.

Investment rate in India is 32%, that means close to 650 billion investment just for this year, though not all of them will go to infrastructure, but we will surely achieve our investment targets. The announcement of 100 smart cities and digital India drive will surely help.

Delhi-Mumbai Industrial corridor will itself bring in 90 billion dollar of investment, thats almost double of CPEC.

And If you think, what Modi is doing are just for public consumption, how do you explain the 50% jump in FDI into India, at a time when global investors are taking their money out of emerging economies!!??

can more elaborate it facts and figure?.......because just saying not concrete or in paper doesn't make sense

Xi Jingping promised to invest $20 billion in India, when he first visited Modi in Gujarat last year and nothing has come of it. His second visit from the US has shown no concrete investment from companies, except for nice pleasant photo shoots. Only time will tell on whether the investment proclaimed from the UAE side will translate into reality. His relationship with Abe and Japan in general has been fruitful and they are willing to invest obviously in India. I am not advocating the idea that India has received no investment, however because it has skipped Rostow's third economic principle, investment in infrastructure is vital because otherwise in the next decade India will have serious structural flaws in its economy. China alone receives $124 billion of FDI, each year and India needs to emulate that.

bilal.

Are you worried ABOUT the size of the indian GDP

a bangaldeshi studying INDIAN GDP

seems to be a case of DENIEL OR ENVY maybe

There is no denial or envy.

I wish the Indian people all the best in their progress.

Their progress and ours in Bangladesh don't have to be mutually exclusive.

However I don't like extremists who tell people what religion they should follow. Muslim or Hindu.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom