What's new

Why don't we use JF-17 to bomb TTP in N.Waziristan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And sqd no.16 Black Panthers is based in mianwali ..

Ps: Peshawar is much closer to FATA than kamra .. And do tell us the combat radius of JF-17????
How much closer?
Do give us the mean aerial distance b/w Kamra/Peshwar and a NW town Miranshah.

No 16 squadron is based out of Peshawar.

No. 16 Squadron (Pakistan Air Force) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I already told you about the internal fuel capacity of JF-17 as well as Mig 21..so if a Mig 21 has combat radius of 300 Kms in clean configuration..JF-17 would be but a little better on internal fuel.

On the other hand, former Pakistani Air Commodore Kaiser Tufail claims that the JF-17′s range is an issue, citing the frequency of flights with drop tanks and the averaged length of sorties.

Pakistan & China’s JF-17 Fighter Program

Last edited:
How much closer?
Do give us the mean aerial distance b/w Kamra/Peshwar and a NW town Miranshah.

No 16 squadron is based out of Peshawar.

No. 16 Squadron (Pakistan Air Force) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I already told you about the internal fuel capacity of JF-17 as well as Mig 21..so if a Mig 21 has combat radius of 300 Kms in clean configuration..JF-17 would be but a little better on internal fuel.

Please also tell us the internal fuel capacity of JAS-39 and your LCA Tejas, please.

always in the news and on the official page of the ISPR we only see F-16s in N.Waziristan.Why not use JF-17 when it can also carry out ground attacks at night,,,,correct me if im wrong?
but .... testing makes perfect right ? missing an opportunity here ....i guess
this Aint A video game Where You can miss , in these kinds of situations only 100 % reliable means are used only

It's an excellent aircraft, it's not a bomb truck and it's not meant to be a bomb truck.
its meant to be a light weight multirole fighter
that mean it should be able to carry out precision strikes
I suppose PAF is still in the process of configuring LGB to this fighter

always in the news and on the official page of the ISPR we only see F-16s in N.Waziristan.Why not use JF-17 when it can also carry out ground attacks at night,,,,correct me if im wrong?

They are being used, just because its not on TV does not mean its not there. All four squadrons of F16 along with Mirage II, III and JF17's are being utilized.

To justify F-16 sale other wise western news and lobby would be all over GOP @ss.

So should I remind you, according to your compatriot, if a Mig 21 has combat radius of 300 Kms in clean configuration, your Tejas would be but a little better on internal fuel.

Last edited:
F-16s are more effective for bombing Talibitches.

JF-17 is still an evolving plane.

Let the block II come out...mature..and then we can talk action...

If they are still evolving then what is the point of inducting JF17 each year in the fleet & then wait for Block 2?

Does that mean the PAF has little or no confidence in their JF-17s? This would have been the ideal opportunity to test them.

One of the roles of the Thunder is ground attack / close air support. So I wonder why it's not being used for close support of troops in NW?

This indeed is intriguing.

Pakistan is looking to export JF-17 and this was an ideal opportunity to show the world it's capabilities. Zero chance of being shot down/

Just a point to note, apart from Cobra gunship and some HUD shots, what other footage has ever been released showing the type of PAF aircraft in action. The fact is that apart from the obvious F-16s, both the Mirages and JF-17s have been involved in bombing campaign, in fact the JF-17 was first used in 2009.

The Pakistan Army started the campaign with 28,000 infantry and Airborne troops entering South Waziristan against theTaliban on October 17.[19] Forces involved included the American trained Pakistan Army's 50th Airborne Division, 7th and 9th Infantry Divisions of XI Corps (Pakistan), which is the controlling headquarters, and 40th Infantry Division of Army Reserve Centre. (orbat.com, accessed 24 October 2009) The Pakistani Army advanced across South Waziristan from three directions—Razmak in the north, Jandola in the east and Shakai in the west.[19] The Pakistani forces were reported to be moving towards the towns of Makeen, Spinkai, Raghzai and Tiarza.[19]PAF's fighter aircraft, notably F-16 and JF-17, heavily bombed the area, in order to soften militant hideouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom