What's new

Why don't we use JF-17 to bomb TTP in N.Waziristan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan army had to specifically fund a F-16 squadron from Jordan, so that it could take over aerial bombing roles in NW..or at least replace the one which was being used in NW.

Jf-17 with only 7 weapons station..out of which the outermost can only be used for AAM and inner three have to carrying fuel( on the account having short legs..as a loaded JF-17 with 2300 Kg of internal fuel only will give it less than 200km combat radius).

Hence only two wing stations remain for carrying bombs that too 500 pound MK 82 bombs( wouldn't want to exceed the wing loading.)

As the plane can only carry 3600 KG of external fuel and ordnance. ..and three external fuel tanks will weigh about 3000 Kgs in itself.

Hence JF-17 is not a very suitable bomb truck...specially if one wants to use a LGB, WMD 7 targeting pods would required to be carried by another aircraft.
so in short the planes sucks?
damn and i used to love the plane :(

see video @ 1:14, both F-16 and JF-17s

JF-17 in the video is in clean configuration, no missile, no bombs..clearly not going on any bombing run ..just a couple of fuel tanks, probably just on a ferry mission or a routine sortie...on the other hand, it can just be a file footage.

Pakistan army had to specifically fund a F-16 squadron from Jordan, so that it could take over aerial bombing roles in NW..or at least replace the one which was being used in NW.

Jf-17 with only 7 weapons station..out of which the outermost can only be used for AAM and inner three have to carrying fuel( on the account having short legs..as a loaded JF-17 with 2300 Kg of internal fuel will give it less than 200km combat radius).

Hence only two wing stations remain for carrying bombs that too 500 pound MK 82 bombs( wouldn't want to exceed the wing loading.)

As the plane can only carry 3600 KG of external fuel and ordnance. ..and three external fuel tanks will weigh about 3000 Kgs in itself.

Hence JF-17 is not a very suitable bomb truck...specially if one wants to use a LGB, WMD 7 targeting pods would required to be carried by another aircraft.

What! short legged? did you know where JF-17 is stationed?

It is up to PAF, their decision to use whatever Platform, PAF used A-5s now retired and Mirages extensively as well over that part.

JF-17 in the video .............................

I am sure, they are using JF-17 with bombs and more missions just like previous missions.

This is just example video to clear doubt on what planes we are using.

Why is the footage from pak news crews of such poor quality, its like there using some of the grainy films from the 70s. You can't even make out anything.

What! short legged? did you know where JF-17 is stationed?

It is up to PAF, their decision to use whatever Platform, PAF used A-5s now retired and Mirages extensively as well over that part.

MInhas/Kamra.

It carries 2300 Kg of internal fuel compare that to Mirge 3 (3300 ltrs) and Mig 21 which carried 2200 Kg of internal fuel and was considered severely short legged, low endurance and not suitable for multiple purposes..yes I know specific consumption varies from engine to engine..but it does not make a very big difference.

Last edited:
always in the news and on the official page of the ISPR we only see F-16s in N.Waziristan.Why not use JF-17 when it can also carry out ground attacks at night,,,,correct me if im wrong?

F16 SniperPod!

MInhas/Kamra.

It carries 2300 Kg of internal fuel compare that to Mirge 3 (3300 ltrs) and Mig 21 which carried 2200 Kg of internal fuel and was considered severely short legged, low endurance and not suitable for multiple purposes..yes I know specific consumption varies from engine to engine..but it does not make a very big difference.

Thank you for showing your ignorance wrt JFT.

P.S:SQD 26, Black Spiders is based in Pesh.. Since 2010.

image.jpg

i thin this is depend on what type of sitaution we see it..

Thank you for showing your ignorance wrt JFT.

P.S:SQD 26, Black Spiders is based in Pesh.. Since 2010.

Which does not matter as aerial distance from Attock to Miranshah and Peshwar to Miranshah is almost the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom