What's new

Why don't we use JF-17 to bomb TTP in N.Waziristan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

V. Makarov

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
always in the news and on the official page of the ISPR we only see F-16s in N.Waziristan.Why not use JF-17 when it can also carry out ground attacks at night,,,,correct me if im wrong?

always in the news and on the official page of the ISPR we only see F-16s in N.Waziristan.Why not use JF-17 when it can also carry out ground attacks at night,,,,correct me if im wrong?

F-16s are more effective for bombing Talibitches.

JF-17 is still an evolving plane.

Let the block II come out...mature..and then we can talk action...

but .... testing makes perfect right ? missing an opportunity here ....i guess

Because the weaponry used gets replenished by the US. On the other hand, the only live action that we have seen of JFT is with dumb bombs.Any proof of robust PGM capability of JFT is yet to be seen.

F-16s must've been stationed closer the area.

The JF-17s do bomb on occasion. But the focus is on using precision munitions which the JF-17 does still not have enough of nor is it cleared to use. The F-16 is the type that can use these munitions the most and therefore is the one doing all the punching. Additionally, the usage of the F-16 can justify further requests for funding through the CSM and other WoT support funds.

Pakistan army had to specifically fund a F-16 squadron from Jordan, so that it could take over aerial bombing roles in NW..or at least replace the one which was being used in NW.

Jf-17 with only 7 weapons station..out of which the outermost can only be used for AAM and inner three have to carrying fuel( on the account having short legs..as a loaded JF-17 with 2300 Kg of internal fuel will give it less than 200km combat radius).

Hence only two wing stations remain for carrying bombs that too 500 pound MK 82 bombs( wouldn't want to exceed the wing loading.)

As the plane can only carry 3600 KG of external fuel and ordnance. ..and three external fuel tanks will weigh about 3000 Kgs in itself.

Hence JF-17 is not a very suitable bomb truck...specially if one wants to use a LGB, WMD 7 targeting pods would required to be carried by another aircraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom