What's new

Why do some Pakistanis think they need ICBM?

no they won't. They would be mad to do such a thing pakistan is not iraq or afghanistan nato refused to join the american in 2003 in iraq and all of the nato members including the U.S are friendly towards pakistan.
Why pakistan need ICBMs simple to have a stand off capability against any potential threat and it is the next logical state of development. ICBMs are much harder to intercept since they travel at much higher speeds than intermediate ballistic missiles of the short range ones. I also think pakistan eventually wants ballistic missile submarine. So the submarine could fire their missile out of the reach of indian navy's detection
Yes they would. As for we being ally even Saddam was the ally and than they took him out

Because they are essentially juvenile or rather completely ignorant in their understanding of their own Country's external and internal dynamics.

Because they are essentially juvenile or rather completely ignorant in their understanding of their own Country's external and internal dynamics.
That's a very vague comment for a defence forum and maybe biased considering that you're a citizen of a country that many Pakistanis would like to have leverage against. I understand that Pakistan has a million other pressing needs but the advantages offered (some of them against our Eastern neighbour) by an ICBM cannot just be ignored and It will be sought out by the SPD in the future, in my opinion.

Yes they would. As for we being ally even Saddam was the ally and than they took him out
What was the population of iraq? It size and population was and is a fraction of Pakistan's and the country constantly adopted hostile policies towards Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. Americans would have invaded iran but they can't. Saddam was never an american ally. Pakistan is too big for any country to invade it and our foreign relations are strong with many countries. It is not is the U.S's interest to invade pakistan nor does it want to. You just for some reason want pick a fight with the americans when the american or the pakistani military don't want to. A lot of our military equipment comes from the U.S and we have good relations with nato member.

That's a very vague comment for a defence forum and maybe biased considering that you're a citizen of a country that many Pakistanis would like to have leverage against. I understand that Pakistan has a million other pressing needs but the advantages offered (some of them against our Eastern neighbour) by an ICBM cannot just be ignored and It will be sought out by the SPD in the future, in my opinion.
It is vague preciley for your comment. Do you really believe that having an ICBM will be "leverage" against the US?
Considering the well defined ABM defenses the US has , any threat from Pakistan in terms of ICBM's would be laughable and more dangerous for Pakistan. I can assure you that neither the SPD is interested nor foolish enough to want to delve into an ICBM. Take this from the highest sources you can imagine.

It is vague preciley for your comment. Do you really believe that having an ICBM will be "leverage" against the US?
Considering the well defined ABM defenses the US has , any threat from Pakistan in terms of ICBM's would be laughable and more dangerous for Pakistan. I can assure you that neither the SPD is interested nor foolish enough to want to delve I into an ICBM. Take this from the highest sources you can imagine.
What I really believe is that we can initiate a program for an advanced delivery system that will force US to think a 100 times before they decide on any OP against Pakistani nuclear assets. If we can make the bomb then we can also get this done.

It is my opinion that Pakistan should arm our future SSBNs with very high altitude and long range BMs which will be able to hit India from far far away allowing the subs keep themselves out of IN's reach while the long range BMs will make it harder for Indian ABM defences to shoot them down.

@Bratva

Back me up, Bro. I'll need khalis Pakistani reinforcements now that I've challenged Maulana Oscar. :P ... No offence to you Oscar.

What I really believe is that we can initiate a program for an advanced delivery system that will force US to think a 100 times before they decide to any OP against Pakistani nuclear assets.

It is my opinion that Pakistan should arm our future SSBNs with very high altitude and long range BMs which will be able to hit India from far far away allowing the subs keep themselves out of IN's reach while the long range BMs will make it harder for Indian ABM defenses to shoot them down.

No delivery system will force the US to think twice the day it really wants to put its forces into harms way to teach Pakistan a lesson. They will roll over Pakistan like a hot knife through butter.
The best bullwark is to keep the US engaged and dependent on Pakistan to maintain its commitments to the world.

As for the SSBN, that program will come to light if and when the time is right.

No delivery system will force the US to think twice the day it really wants to put its forces into harms way to teach Pakistan a lesson. They will roll over Pakistan like a hot knife through butter.
The best bullwark is to keep the US engaged and dependent on Pakistan to maintain its commitments to the world.

Now that's just your word (and American flamboyance :P) against a proven tactic.

And now you're just agreeing with my argument.

Last edited:
Hey idiot have you heard any news from Pakistan's military establishment that we are currently building an ICBM?

Agni 6 ICBM which is currently in development by India will have over 10k km range.

As you can see AGNI 3 reaches the whole of China, why do you even need the AGNI 5 ?

Agni_Missile_Range_comparison.svg

Agni 3 reaches the whole of Chine if launched from Northern Part of India. I rarely see strategic missiles launched from there. Real strategic capability is ability to launch from any part of India.
And No. Agni 3 does not cover all parts of China. Only Agni 5 does it. This map is wrong.

And Idiot. I am trolling that other guy.

Looks like u have absolutely no knowledge regarding combat doctrines and defence relations and systemsof the countries u mentioned...pakistan uses china'ssatellites for its defense needs...so an attack on the satellite pakistan uses means war withchina...which no nation would like to go for :wave:

:Sigh: No use trying to bore knowledge to u.

Unh? Sarcasm or what?

BD is not even that far away. A simple missile from Pakistan and not ICBM can reach BD from Pakistan.

Or simply we could ask you to launch something on our behalf and I am pretty sure you guys would be glad enough to do it. :lol:

No facts just verbose. I wish you could do a better job being a senior member :)

we should 100% go for ICBM, Pakistan need to seriously expand its Space Program we need to be ready to fight any country in the world and ICBM's are the way.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom