What's new

Why do people want Ottoman empire back?

I think it's that people/Muslims might not exactly want ottoman empire back]. I think Muslims kina want Muslim states to unite in some form of an alliance, union, confederation, etc, that can stand up on its feet as a super power and can counter, European union, Russia, china, and USA.

E.g an alliance like european union, between turkey, central Asia and Pakistan. Other Muslim states can join in, if they wish to do so.
Yes others like Indonesia and malaysia(should be enough)

Yes others like Indonesia and malaysia(should be enough)

Yup.

When ever people think of such a "block" people usually look towards turkey, because turkey is developed, progressive, has experience in being an empire, it is a regional power. Turkey can easily make a block with central Asian states and emerge as a raising power like China.

Iran also seems to dream of such a block, but I think Iran is unable to because of it religious ideologies.

I'm not sure about gulf Arab states, I think gulf Arab states might make a block among them selves though.

Egypt, is a mess right now, but it is one of the oldest civilizations, so I guess, it might take a lead in making a block in north Africa.

What left are states like Syria and Iraq. Not sure where they fit in.

Pakistan is weak, we might join a block, more likely the Turks.

Pakistan is not weak,the only thing Pakistan needs is a real leader(good government).
Bring all the fractions together and you will see.

One thing admirable about the Ottoman empire was their religious tolerance. Bayezid II saved the Jews of Spain from the clutches of Isabelle and Ferdinand by sending his own navy. Busbecq writes to Charles V about the empire, 'There is no state with so many people of so many faiths which lives in such prosperity.'

u dont get it...do you ? no one gives a damn about "fellow muslims"...its fellow turks, its fellow arabs and fellow persians......they have their identities clear.....they consider it as "arabs being ruled by turks" and hence revolted - which is their legitimate right....not as muslims ruling muslims....

True in modern context. Caliphate, for the time being, is an obsolete concepts, because for it to happen you have to transcend identities and egos and become just 'Muslims', which no one is ready for. Prophet Muhammad himself prophesied that a time will come when Muslims will be as worthless as a foam on the surface of ocean, when asked would Muslims be less in number at that time, he replied that no they would in huge number. We are just passing through that time.

Revived Ottoman Empire ? like we don't suffer enough from damned radicals even in a so called secular country :D That was a fault from the founding of republic, they couldn't managed to teach population entirely about keeping religious feeling in a level, tolerance etc. wortless, ignorant radicals keept breeding, now by clear moves they got the control of state and slowly turning it to another religious sh.thole. I support the idea of having good relationship with Muslim and Turkic countries, thats benefical for both but unity or anything close to it ? nah, we don't need anymore radical sh.t flow to country.

I don't particularly want the Ottoman empire back, but I do want a rise of another Caliphate. May God allow that to occur soon.

Back
Top Bottom