What's new

Why do people want Ottoman empire back?

Yes we chose to be nationalistic and no matter how bad the situation is in some Arab countries they still doing far better than your countries.

Ayyyeeeeeee ! :chilli:

At least if you had remained a part of the Ottoman Empire you'd have a half decent football team.......! :omghaha:

Don't you agree @BronzePlaque ? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, another gypsy in disguise. It is much better than your gypsy land :)

u dont get it...do you ? no one gives a damn about "fellow muslims"...its fellow turks, its fellow arabs and fellow persians......they have their identities clear.....they consider it as "arabs being ruled by turks" and hence revolted - which is their legitimate right....not as muslims ruling muslims....

why would u say that ? are arabs any more muslims than others ?

just a hypothetical question - tomorrow if a south asian muslim assumes the position of caliph would you support him or would you support only an arab as a caliph ?

You don't get it do you? The first 800 years of the existence of the Caliphate it was ruled by Arabs in Arab land. From the death of Prophet Muhammad (saws), through the greatest and biggest conquest of non-Muslim land, to the Golden Age of Islam to basically the founding of Islam.

Learn about Islam before you speak. Makkah and Madinah are the two holiest cities in Islam. Al-Quds is the third. Obviously they are 1000 times a more fitting place for a real Caliph than any other city.

If you look what I wrote initially in that post, you did not quote that part, strange, then I said that it would not matter which ethnic group the Caliph came from. Moreover I already proposed that the Caliphate, should such a thing ever materialize, that it will be shared by all Muslims countries as every Muslim country could have leading clerics representing them and they would in turn be chosen one after one so each Muslim country "ruled" the Islamic world at least once every 20-30 years.

Currently no other person have even come up with an other alternative other than talking nonsense.

Yes we chose to be nationalistic and no matter how bad the situation is in some Arab countries they still doing far better than your countries.

And I'm glad that people of your mindset doesn't agree with me, because you never understand.

Let us see, my country of origin US- no Arab state doing better, my country of roots Pakistan- Only KSA, UAE, and Egypt doing better. Where is Jordan my friend?? Also that is despite the fact Pakistan is in the middle of a quasi civil war, KSA and UAE got resources they tap into for much of their wealth (yes I know they are diverifying their economies now), and Egypt gets as much if not more Aid from the US then Pakistan does.

You don't get it do you? The first 800 years of the existence of the Caliphate it was ruled by Arabs in Arab land. From the death of Prophet Muhammad (saws), through the greatest and biggest conquest of non-Muslim land, to the Golden Age of Islam to basically the founding of Islam.

Learn about Islam before you speak. Makkah and Madinah are the two holiest cities in Islam. Al-Quds is the third. Obviously they are 1000 times a more fitting place for a real Caliph than any other city.

If you look what I wrote initially in that post, you did not quote that part, strange, then I said that it would not matter which ethnic group the Caliph came from. Moreover I already proposed that the Caliphate, should such a thing ever materialize, that it will be shared by all Muslims countries as every Muslim country could have leading clerics representing them and they would in turn be chosen one after one so each Muslim country "ruled" the Islamic world at least once every 20-30 years.

Currently no other person have even come up with an other alternative other than talking nonsense.

I usually don't talk to Hindus about this kind of stuff because they think they know when they don't, and they think they are helping when they are not.

Ayyyeeeeeee ! :chilli:

At least if you had remained a part of the Ottoman Empire you'd have a half decent football team.......! :omghaha:

Don't you agree @BronzePlaque ? :D

His comment really doesn't hold much weight.

Last edited by a moderator:

I read somewhere that the Caliph can only be Arab and shouldn't be hereditary but should be elected by community elders.

I usually don't talk to Hindus about this kind of stuff because they think they know when they don't, and they think they are helping when they are not.

That guy is Yemani Arab, tum log kisi ko bhi Hindu bol dete ho.

I read somewhere that the Caliph can only be Arab and shouldn't be hereditary but should be elected by community elders.

Only the Shia Muslims believe that the Islamic head of state (they call them Imams or Ayatollah's in today's Iran) must be from the Banu Hashim clan (family of the Prophet Muhammad (saws).

We Sunnis do not operate with ethnic groups at all. The thing is though that a Caliph should preferably rule from Makkah, Madinah or Al-Quds since those cities are the most holy cities in Islam. They are all located in Arab lands.

Half Hejazi and half Yemeni to be precise.

Are you drunk or what? You are calling me, an Arab from the Arabian Peninsula and of the Banu Hashim clan an Hindu? Slap yourself hard in the face.

No Arab people have historically been Hindus (but either adhering to Judaism, Christianity or local ancient Semitic religions that were practiced in all Semitic lands) while there is a lot of Hindu traces in Pakistan and even Hindus to this very day. Most of the Pakistanis who accepted Islam at the hands of us Arabs were Hindus or Buddhists before. Not that there is anything wrong with that but that comment was stupid and uncalled for.

I was talking about the guy you quoted yaara. :rofl:

He quoted me as well but like I said I do not discuss this stuff with hindus because they think they know more about Islam then Muslims. :lol:

I was talking about the guy you quoted yaara. :rofl:

He quoted me as well but like I said I do not discuss this stuff with hindus because they think they know more about Islam then Muslims. :lol:

Sorry, please accept my apologies bro.:undecided::fie:

I know what he is, don't speak urdu your urdu is dansu. :azn:

Sorry, please accept my apologies bro.:undecided::fie:

Its alright man I see how you could have thought that, you get my point now right? So that is enough. It literally made me laugh out loud though. :D

Are you drunk or what? You are calling me, an Arab from the Arabian Peninsula and of the Banu Hashim clan an Hindu? Slap yourself hard in the face.

No Arab people have historically been Hindus (but either adhering to Judaism, Christianity or local ancient Semitic religions that were practiced in all Semitic lands) while there is a lot of Hindu traces in Pakistan and even Hindus to this very day. Most of the Pakistanis who accepted Islam at the hands of us Arabs were Hindus or Buddhists before. Not that there is anything wrong with that but that comment was stupid and uncalled for.

Leave them bro, I tried to wake them up to the reality, but it seems they insist in keeping their rosy day-dreams about "Ummah" thingy on. I mean, don't they realise how pathetic they look?

Leave them bro, I tried to wake them up to the reality, but it seems they insist in keeping their rosy day-dreams about "Ummah" thingy on. I mean, don't they realise how pathetic they look?

You are always late my friend, first you quoted me when Hasani had already cleared up some things for me and now you quote him when I have cleared it up for him. :cheesy:

Only the Shia Muslims believe that the Islamic head of state (they call them Imams or Ayatollah's in today's Iran) must be from the Banu Hashim clan (family of the Prophet Muhammad (saws).

We Sunnis do not operate with ethnic groups at all. The thing is though that a Caliph should preferably rule from Makkah, Madinah or Al-Quds since those cities are the most holy cities in Islam. They are all located in Arab lands.

Half Hejazi and half Yemeni to be precise.

It should not be Mecca or Medina because those cities are already prone to population surges during Hajj time no? I think that is why the capital was always located in different cities such as Damascus, Baghdad, and Istanbul.

That 'Ummah' thing is only medium that give them the feelings that they are different from Indians. Majority of them feel that Cordoba is their history not Taxila. You can never convince them.

I think it's that people/Muslims might not exactly want ottoman empire back]. I think Muslims kina want Muslim states to unite in some form of an alliance, union, confederation, etc, that can stand up on its feet as a super power and can counter, European union, Russia, china, and USA.

E.g an alliance like european union, between turkey, central Asia and Pakistan. Other Muslim states can join in, if they wish to do so.

Reminds me of something that putin said:
"Anyone who doesn't regret the passing of the Soviet Union has no heart. Anyone who wants it restored has no brains. "

Now the concept pretty much is the same with the Ottoman Empire.

IMO, the Ottoman Empire was nowhere as harsh, brutal, and murderous as the Soviet Union.

Successive Soviet regimes since the time of Lenin murdered 40,000,000+ of their own people, including 20,000,000 more people from lands they invaded, annexed, and forcefully integrated into their Communist bloc.

Back
Top Bottom