What's new

Why do people want Ottoman empire back?

Bro, please read this below before making such statements. Aside from that then far from all Arab countries adopted Arab nationalism. I don't understand the concept since we Arabs don't need any nationalism since we are proud people from nature and care about other fellow Arabs. Not any different from all ethnic groups/people. Differences between each other or among each other or not.

I agree with some of your points but others I disagree, like even though Ottomans did not control all of the Arab lands they were still the Caliphs and other Muslims should not have fought against them. The Ottomans were doing well enough in the first world war until the Arabs revolted and helped Allenbys forces bog them down in a second front.

I agree with some of your points but others I disagree, like even though Ottomans did not control all of the Arab lands they were still the Caliphs and other Muslims should not have fought against them. The Ottomans were doing well enough in the first world war until the Arabs revolted and helped Allenbys forces bog them down in a second front.

Same way as the Turks (originally a Turkic tribe from Turkmenistan in this case) should not have taken the Caliphate from the Arabs who were ruling the Islamic world for 800 straight years, who ruled during the Islamic Golden Age and who were behind all the greatest and biggest Muslim conquests.

The Caliphs in the last decades were more Sultans and imploded from within. When something is rotten it stops working as it should.

You also might try read about the Young Turks while you are at it.

Young Turks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Same why as the Turks should not have taken the Caliphate from the Arabs who were ruling the Islamic world for 800 straight years, who ruled during the Islamic Golden Age and who were behind all the greatest and biggest Muslim conquests.

The Caliphs in the last decades were more Sultans and imploded from within. When something is rotten it stops working as it should.

You also might try read about the Young Turks while you are at it.

Young Turks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bro why should they have not?? They were defending Islam from the crusaders for a long time and were the strongest force in the world for a long time they had every right to make a claim, the office of Caliph was never reserved for one people. Unless you hold the Shia pov. I know about the Young Turks and how racist they were but you forget Caliph Abdul Hamid ii was a pan islamist and he would have sided with the Arabs in their legitimate demands had the Arabs not forced his hands by join Britain/France in their war against the Ottomans.
@al-Hasani I am not trying to say it should be brought back or anything that would be absurd, all I am saying is Muslims should not have fought Muslims because the Brits/French only played the Arabs and did not give them what they wanted anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro why should they have not?? They were defending Islam from the crusaders for a long time and were the strongest force in the world for a long time they had every right to make a claim, the office of Caliph was never reserved for one people. Unless you hold the Shia pov. I know about the Young Turks and how racist they were but you forget Caliph Abdul Hamid ii was a pan islamist and he would have sided with the Arabs in their legitimate demands had the Arabs not forced his hands by join Britain/France in their war against the Ottomans.

I am just telling you that it worked both ways. It were the cousins of the Turks (Mongols) who destroyed Baghdad and ended the Golden Age of Islam.

I am not convinved at all. Read more about the Ottomans and their un-Islamic practices. Read about how "Caliphs" treated their brothers or others who threatened their succession to the throne. You will not believe it. Also how could they be both Caliphs and Sultans at the same time?

I know that you said that you lived in Turkey and liked it but that should not impact on your judgement. I like Turks as well - as long as they are of the Sunni kind since the other is constantly conspiring against the Muslim world.

The Arab Caliphs, who conquered all the known current Islamic world, aside from tiny Balkan and Anatolia that the Turks conquered, never called themselves anything other than Caliphs.

Look the reality is that the Turks did not want the Caliphate. Why would a person like Ataturk come to power then? And be such a popular figure? More than any Turkish Caliph before (all the Caliphs where half-breeds anyway if you look at their ancestry).

Those demands should have been given to the Arabs of Syria, Iraq and North Africa long before that. It should not even have been a issue.

The Caliphate should be based in the Arab world anyway, preferably Makkah, Madinah or Al-Quds - the most holy cities. Which ethnic group is less important.

I am not a Shia. Far from it. On the contrary I am labelled as a anti-Shia by some users here.

The fact is that there will be no Caliph as of today as the time is not ready. My suggestion seems as a good alternative until a Caliphate can materialize.

I am just telling you that it worked both ways. It were the cousins of the Turks (Mongols) who destroyed Baghdad and ended the Golden Age of Islam.

I am not convinved at all. Read more about the Ottomans and their un-Islamic practices. Read about how "Caliphs" treated their brothers or others who threatened their succession to the throne. You will not believe it. Also how could they be both Caliphs and Sultans at the same time?

I know that you said that you lived in Turkey and liked it but that should not impact on your judgement. I like Turks as well - as long as they are of the Sunni kind since the other is constantly conspiring against the Muslim world.

The Arab Caliphs, who conquered all the known current Islamic world, aside from tiny Balkan and Anatolia that the Turks conquered, never called themselves anything other than Caliphs.

Look the reality is that the Turks did not want the Caliphate. Why would a person like Ataturk come to power then? And be such a popular figure? More than any Turkish Caliph before (all the Caliphs where half-breeds anyway if you look at their ancestry).

Those demands should have been given to the Arabs of Syria, Iraq and North Africa long before that. It should not even have been a issue.

The Caliphate should be based in the Arab world anyway, preferably Makkah, Madinah or Al-Quds - the most holy cities. Which ethnic group is less important.

I am not a Shia. Far from it. On the contrary I am labelled as a anti-Shia by some users here.

The fact is that there will be no Caliph as of today as the time is not ready. My suggestion seems as a good alternative until a Caliphate can materialize.

Okay let us agree to disagree, I have never been to Turkey though lol.

@al-Hasani I am not trying to say it should be brought back or anything that would be absurd, all I am saying is Muslims should not have fought Muslims because the Brits/French only played the Arabs and did not give them what they wanted anyway.
Sultan Abdul Hamid Han was ousted from power in 1909 by the Young Turks which was a nationalistic movement. This event was basically the start of the end for the Ottoman empire. Bad decision making, as well as the rise of nationalism throughout the Ottoman area's. Bad decision for instance was that they participated in WW1 allying with the German's, it hoped to get some of the lost territory's back.

Don't get me wrong, the Ottoman empire was weakening and losing territories before the 1909 event as well. But not as bad as during WW1.

u dont get it...do you ? no one gives a damn about "fellow muslims"...its fellow turks, its fellow arabs and fellow persians......they have their identities clear.....they consider it as "arabs being ruled by turks" and hence revolted - which is their legitimate right....not as muslims ruling muslims....

why would u say that ? are arabs any more muslims than others ?

just a hypothetical question - tomorrow if a south asian muslim assumes the position of caliph would you support him or would you support only an arab as a caliph ?

Yes, Arabs will never be forgiven by god. That is why Israel will always exist. Israel is the punishment for their betrayal.

Man remove this flag of yours, I hope this freemasonry Abdullah falls after Assad, i'm glad Abdullah admitted that he know he will fall. Don't even know why the so called Jordan even existed when this land belongs to all Syrians or the people who originally came from Al Quds. The Palestinians will never forget what his father Hussein did in the Black September conflict. F*ck British who divided the Arab countries. F*ck the French too.

Why are Turks here complaining about the "arab betrayal" of the ottoman empire yet worshipping Ataturk ?
This contradicts itself, nationalism rose among all ethnic groups even Kurds which is why today we have problems with them.

Yes, Arabs will never be forgiven by god. That is why Israel will always exist. Israel is the punishment for their betrayal.

Wanting freedom over their own lands is not betrayal. They did not want to screw turkey, they just wanted to rule their own land. How would you feel if an arab ruled over your land? you would want them out ofcourse. So try to look at things in a logical and rational way. The jews in europe were plotting to move in and take over since atleast the late 1800's.

Indeed

I do not see any Turk here celebrating the glory of the Abbasid caliphate do I ?

Plus there is no chance for another Ottoman Empire anymore, Turkey has become a puppet for Israel. No Empire can succeed while being a puppet to a small illegal terrorrist state like israel.

Being a puppet= No empire

Well yaar arabs chose to be nationalistic and everyone has seen the fruits of their decision.

Yes we chose to be nationalistic and no matter how bad the situation is in some Arab countries they still doing far better than your countries.

Man remove this flag of yours, I hope this freemasonry Abdullah falls after Assad, i'm glad Abdullah admitted that he know he will fall. Don't even know why the so called Jordan even existed when this land belongs to all Syrians or the people who originally came from Al Quds. The Palestinians will never forget what his father Hussein did in the Black September conflict. F*ck British who divided the Arab countries. F*ck the French too.

And I'm glad that people of your mindset doesn't agree with me, because you never understand.

Back
Top Bottom