What's new

Why do people in subcontinent marry cousins?

Just remember the conversation between Allah and the angels when Allah told the angels about his intentions of 'creating' a human being and send him in the earth. The angels replied, O Allah, he will cause trouble in the earth.

Because none of the creations had free will before Adam (Human) all of them were grateful to Allah but Allah told angels that some of the humans will be good and some will be bad. Some of them will enter Paradise while some of them will go to Hell.

Now if Adam was the first human being, how the angels knew that a human would cause trouble in the earth? Because there were human (or humanoids) in the earth before Adam.

The Jinns were already there on earth before Humans as proved in the Qur'an but no other creatures made of Clay.

Adam was the first human who actually had the spirit of Allah as Quran talks about that event. It is interesting story but I'll tell more in a few days.

True...... agreed

-------------------------------

@ To whom it may concern

There are stories in the Qur'an talking about the punishments given to peoples of different nations. Some of them were turned into Apes and some other to other animals (i forgot now) For example quran says in Surah Baqarah

And you surely know those of you who violated the Sabbath, and We said to them `be you apes, driven away.'(65)

And We made it a punishment exemplary for those present and those succeeding it, and an admonition to the godfearing.(66)

But it does not mean humans were evolved. Prophet Adam was though bigger in size (height) than us but he was same as us.

I am not an expert on this topic but I will share an example of my family with you guys.

My aunt's (mami) family has a complex history of cousin marriage. Cousin marriage is going on for couple of generations on her side. Now when she married my uncle (mamu) which is out of the family... had a third child (my cousin) who is abnormal

Our family friends have a cousin marriage history (over generations) and their children are not abnormal but they have several diseases.

I don't know if it is because of the cousin marriages over time but "cousin marriage" is common there.

I believe excess of everything is bad.
Similarly, excess of cousin marriage "may" create some genetic problems.

I am not done reading qsaark posts as he is professional..so I don't know the genetic side of the story..

Rest, anyone can be abnormal...

you gave us one example. statistically thats pointless. there are exceptions. this might be one.

we can take the example of the parsi community in india. it is a small community with strict rules disallowing marriage outside of the community. due to its size, the genetic pool is small. and there is a markedly larger number of children borned with genetic deformities per capita than the rest of the indian population.

lets see how these facts are explained by claimants of the "marrying cousins is not harmful theory" :D

Chowk: : Through the Parsi Prism
The Parsi Community of India - the Last Bastion of Zoroastrianism in the World Today

Yes, if you believe that nothing happens without the permission of Allah, than what Iblees did was also from Allah. The soofia do not consider Iblees as a cursed species, but a true lover (aashiq saadiq) of Allah who refused to bow to anyone else, but Allah.

Whatever! he is going taste the hell fire as mentioned in the glorious Qur'an

You are absolutely clueless about what you are talking. A Professor from MIT would not put his/her career at stake by publishing his/her work in a substandard journal(s). PLoS Biology had an impact factor of 13.5 in 2009 and after Nature, Science, and PNAS, it is fourth most frequently evaluated multi-disciplinary journal.

So you are not even going to read a critique of that paper, because of an author's affiliation to MIT? Your career does not goto dogs if you write a bad-paper. If you write a bad paper, it gets pwned by critics. That's all.

There are stories in the Qur'an talking about the punishments given to peoples of different nations. Some of them were turned into Apes and some other to other animals (i forgot now) ...
Zaki have you ever got a chance to see a mentally compromised person? A mentally compromised (paagal, junooni) human being acts just like non-human primates. I work at Yerkes National Primate Center, and spend time with monkeys and observe them very closely on everyday basis. When Quran says that those human beings were made into monkeys does not mean literally they got transformed into monkeys. All Allah had to do was to take his spirit (rooh) out of them, and a spiritless human being would act just like monkeys. The only quality that distinguishes a human being from rest of the animals is his sense of differentiating between good and evil and this is because of the 'rooh'.

Posted by Zaki Bhai

Because none of the creations had free will before Adam (Human) all of them were grateful to Allah but Allah told angels that some of the humans will be good and some will be bad. Some of them will enter Paradise while some of them will go to Hell.

Dear our fate was decided.
Thats all I have to say.

Among Hindus who overwhelmingly do not marry to their first or even distant cousins, no genetic disorders are found?

I don't know or care to know about whether Hindus marry or not marry their cousins. But do you wish to know what your argument sounds like?

Statement: Drinking and driving can cause accidents.

Your argument: So are you saying that people who are not drunk, commit no accidents?

And while you continue to argue like this, you want me to respect you as a PhD+Post-doc+Assistant-Prof.

Have you checked up the incidence of genetic disorders amonst people marrying inside a small genetic pool vs outside?

Also, to

Statement: Drinking and driving can cause accidents.

Your argument: So are you saying that people who are not drunk, commit no accidents?

My reply to that would be.

Yes sir, but statistical evidence+evidence about the way your nervous system works, reinforces the statement that people who are drunk are MORE likely to commit accidents that sober people

Q.E.D

I AM JUST WONDERING IF PAKISTANI_ATHEIST READ ANY OF THE POSTS THAT I JUST UPLOADED.
PLEASE DO READ THEM AND STOP JUSTIFYING UR-SELF.

I work at Yerkes National Primate Center, and spend time with monkeys and observe them very closely on everyday basis.

Having said all that, I greatly respect your credentials bro. I am educated, but definitely not as much as you and I do respect you for that.

I AM JUST WONDERING IF PAKISTANI_ATHEIST READ ANY OF THE POSTS THAT I JUST UPLOADED.
PLEASE DO READ THEM AND STOP JUSTIFYING UR-SELF.

I read and I now understand the relationship between Muhammad and Khadijah. I was only citing them as an example to justify dating due to my lack of knowledge regarding Islam.

And while you continue to argue like this, you want me to respect you as a PhD+Post-doc+Assistant-Prof.
No I do not want you to respect me; I earn my respect from my peers, my seniors, and my graduate students who understand and appreciated Science.

Zaki have you ever got a chance to see a mentally compromised person? A mentally compromised (paagal, junooni) human being acts just like non-human primates. I work at Yerkes National Primate Center, and spend time with monkeys and observe them very closely on everyday basis. When Quran says that those human beings were made into monkeys does not mean literally they got transformed into monkeys. All Allah had to do was to take his spirit (rooh) out of them, and a spiritless human being would act just like monkeys. The only quality that distinguishes a human being from rest of the animals is his sense of differentiating between good and evil and this is because of the 'rooh'.

There are people who say that long ago man was a monkey and he evolved. Is this true? Is there any evidence?.

Praise be to Allaah.
This view is not correct, and the evidence for that is that Allaah has described in the Qur’aan the stages of the creation of Adam. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, the likeness of ‘Eesa (Jesus) before Allaah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: ‘Be!’ — and he was”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:59]

This dust was moistened until it became sticky mud or clay that stuck to the hands. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth)”

[al-Mu’minoon 23:12]

“Verily, We created them of a sticky clay”

[al-Saaffaat 37:12]

Then it became dried (sounding) clay of altered mud. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And indeed, We created man from dried (sounding) clay of altered mud”
[al-Hijr 15:26]

Then when it dried it became sounding clay like the clay of pottery. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“He created man (Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery”

[al-Rahmaan 55:14]

Then Allaah moulded it into the form that He wanted and breathed into him (his) soul created by Him. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“(Remember) when your Lord said to the angels: ‘Truly, I am going to create man from clay’.

So when I have fashioned him and breathed into him (his) soul created by Me, then you fall down prostrate to him”

[Saad 38:71-72]

These are the stages through which the creation of Adam passed according to the Qur’aan. As for the stages of creation which the progeny of Adam pass through, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth).

Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman).

Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So Blessed is Allaah, the Best of creators”
[al-Mu’minoon 23:12-14]

With regard to the wife of Adam – Hawwa’ (Eve) – Allaah tells us that He created her from him, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women”

[al-Nisa’ 4:1]

Instead of coming on this forum and asking q's like this you should go on Islam q a, and ask your questions .

you name tells a lot about you , being a psychiatrist i can conclude that the reason u are here asking these questions is because u need justification for the things u believe and the things that Ur doing ,from Ur qs and Ur answers it is clear that u are not satisfied.
so if you have q's about Islam you should go on a reliable website like Islam q a and ask Ur q's, because on this forum there are Hindus Christians who have different beliefs .
if i said anything to offend u it was not my intention.

http://www.islam-qa.com

You'vent offended me. On the contrary, you put your point quite politely.

Having said that, no I din't ask that question to justify my belief. It does not matter to me whether dating was allowed in islam or not. For some reason I thought "platonic dating" that's asexual is permitted. You say that it's not. You should know better, because religion isn't my domain.

Khalid bin Waleed Bhai, please do not repost what you have already posted. You are talking about what is visible on the surface, and I am talking about which is underneath that surface. Neither you are wrong nor am I.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom