What's new

Why do people in subcontinent marry cousins?

because unlike some people i have seen plenty of cousin marriages happening

2ndly talking about that 'fact' of yours can you please mind telling me where did this 'medical research' occur?? 1 in 3 is a huge ratio, i have survived 2 years in UK but unlike your 'fact' was unable to find even one mentally disabled person... on the other hand i didnt interact with many people as well so giving the benefit of the doubt i will be waiting for the reference to that research!!!

I posted a HUGE list of research articles. That's not enough?

I said subcontinent, not India not Pakistan. So please answer my question. I think that its a prevalent practice in India to marry their mom's brother's kids. I think in Pakistan too such marriages are permitted, coz one of my friends got married that way last year. I did not ask him about this coz he'll probably be offended.

In US, this thing is called in-breeding and the kids generally have a lower level of IQ. So why do people do that? :O Cultural thing or religion thing?

Happens but not heard something like that in our culture/region. Here you are not even allowed to marry a distant relative as she is your sister! Such kind of thing is specially banned and people also really don't think about this.

dude i am talking about his '1 in 3 pakistani kids are retarded in UK' theory!!!!

2ndly as i said earlier seeing is believing thanks for all the statistics and figures but you are more then welcome to visit even the most remote village in pakistan and you can see for yourself how many such cases you can find there!!!

I posted a HUGE list of research articles. That's not enough?
dude i am talking about his '1 in 3 pakistani kids are retarded in UK' theory!!!!

2ndly as i said earlier seeing is believing thanks for all the statistics and figures but you are more then welcome to visit even the most remote village in pakistan and you can see for yourself how many such cases you can find there!!!

because unlike some people i have seen plenty of cousin marriages happening

2ndly talking about that 'fact' of yours can you please mind telling me where did this 'medical research' occur?? 1 in 3 is a huge ratio, i have survived 2 years in UK but unlike your 'fact' was unable to find even one mentally disabled person... on the other hand i didnt interact with many people as well so giving the benefit of the doubt i will be waiting for the reference to that research!!!

And so have I. It's quite disturbing to see a family having both of their children being 'special.'

In my school, 40 percent of the school is Indian. I know most of them and I am pretty sure most of them weren't born out of incest. There are 10 'special' children at my school. One of them is my Pakistani friends sister, and the other is another Pakistani kids brother. Both of them have parents married to cousins.

Pakistani's do not even make up 3% of the school and we are probably one of the smallest minorities. 3% of the population and we make up 2/10 of the 'special people' in the school? There is something wrong here and it didnt just happen by chance.

Just because you have seen a couple of inbred families being healthy, doesnt mean there are other inbred families with genetically messed up children.

And so have I. It's quite disturbing to see a family having both of their children being 'special.'

In my school, 40 percent of the school is Indian. I know most of them and I am pretty sure most of them weren't born out of incest. There are 10 'special' children at my school. One of them is my Pakistani friends sister, and the other is another Pakistani kids brother. Both of them have parents married to cousins.

Pakistani's do not even make up 3% of the school and we are probably one of the smallest minorities. 3% of the population and we make up 2/10 of the 'special people' in the school? There is something wrong here and it didnt just happen by chance.

Just because you have seen a couple of inbred families being healthy, doesnt mean there are other inbred families with genetically messed up children.
same applies to you as well :) in my 2 yrs in UK i havent ever witnessed even 1 such case!!!! and i wasnt talking about couple of families but a whole rural village where such marriages are at high, and as i said earlier you guys are more then welcome to come to even the remotest village n find out for yourself!!!!

Back
Top Bottom