What's new

Why didn't the Balkans become muslim?

There were a lot of Muslims in the Balkand during the Ottoman Empire, many of which left to live in anatolia during the withdrawal of the Ottomans and expansion of the Austro-Hungarians. Today, estimates claim that over 4,000,000 people in Turkey are ethnically Bosniaks, which is more Bosniaks than in Bosnia LOL.

There were a lot of Muslims in the Balkand during the Ottoman Empire, many of which left to live in anatolia during the withdrawal of the Ottomans and expansion of the Austro-Hungarians. Today, estimates claim that over 4,000,000 people in Turkey are ethnically Bosniaks, which is more Bosniaks than in Bosnia LOL.

True, but I think we can best describe it as "4.000.000 people with (partial) Bosnak descent". Most people are already mixed and that many people would mean that the Bosnian language would still be alive in Turkey.

True, but I think we can best describe it as "4.000.000 people with (partial) Bosnak descent". Most people are already mixed and that many people would mean that the Bosnian language would still be alive in Turkey.

Possibly, however the migration of Bosniaks to Istanbul and further east into Anatolia has been a gradual process throughout the time of the Ottoman empire and it increased towards the end. There are still Bosniak villages primailry in the Izmir area where people still speak Bosnian- old school Bosnian :) but are also proud Turkish citizens.

Possibly, however the migration of Bosniaks to Istanbul and further east into Anatolia has been a gradual process throughout the time of the Ottoman empire and it increased towards the end. There are still Bosniak villages primailry in the Izmir area where people still speak Bosnian- old school Bosnian :) but are also proud Turkish citizens.

Bosnian people are more than welcome in Turkey :) I've met a lot of Bosnian-descent Turkish citizens that have contributed so much to Turkey.

Bosnian people are more than welcome in Turkey :) I've met a lot of Bosnian-descent Turkish citizens that have contributed so much to Turkey.
The Bosnians i have met here are all nice people and maybe the only Balkan people without anti Turkish sentiments.

The Bosnians i have met here are all nice people and maybe the only Balkan people without anti Turkish sentiments.

tbh I have never met any person from Balkans that are anti-Turkish.

Even the Serbian keyboard warriors who are usually against Turks are really good towards you when you meet them in real life...The Serbian president singing Turkish folk song during Erdoğan's visit for example was quite the shock :)

tbh I have never met any person from Balkans that are anti-Turkish.

Even the Serbian keyboard warriors who are usually against Turks are really good towards you when you meet them in real life...The Serbian president singing Turkish folk song during Erdoğan's visit for example was quite the shock :)
Not in the sense of hate, i also have a couple Serbian friends, what i mean is seeing history and Turkish influence in a negative light, this includes Albanians too, the only ones whom i havent seen a negative vibe are Bosnians.

Not in the sense of hate, i also have a couple Serbian friends, what i mean is seeing history and Turkish influence in a negative light, this includes Albanians too, the only ones whom i havent seen a negative vibe are Bosnians.

Are Albanians in Switzerland also hating on us? Muslim Albanians in general have positive views on Turkey, especially those in Kosovo and Macedonia but those in Albania hate us.
Their Communist Regime indoctrinated them with hate against Turks with Christian Albanians being very anti- Turkish. :D

Are Albanians in Switzerland also hating on us? Muslim Albanians in general have positive views on Turkey, especially those in Kosovo and Macedonia but those in Albania hate us.
Their Communist Regime indoctrinated them with hate against Turks with Christian Albanians being very anti- Turkish. :D
As said not hating but they dont like the historical aspects, they see it as oppression.

As said not hating but they dont like the historical aspects, they see it as oppression.

If it wasn’t for us they would have been just an another group of people under Greek, Italian and Serbian rule... Ask them what happened to the Christian Albanians in Epirus or Southern Italy which are all assimilated now.
Under the Ottomans they managed to conquer lands that have never been theirs before. Under the Ottomans dozens of Albanians managed to take high places in the Empire- Grand Viziers and Pashas included. Ask them which country helped them and gave them a refuge when their asses were kicked and opressed around Yugoslavia. Of course we didn’t conquer them with flowers but still...

This is why Bosniaks are real bros for which every Turk must be ready to fight and die.

If it wasn’t for us they would have been just an another group of people under Greek, Italian and Serbian rule... Ask them what happened to the Christian Albanians in Epirus or Southern Italy which are all assimilated now.
Under the Ottomans they managed to conquer lands that have never been theirs before. Under the Ottomans dozens of Albanians managed to take high places in the Empire- Grand Viziers and Pashas included. Ask them which country helped them and gave them a refuge when their asses were kicked and opressed around Yugoslavia. Of course we didn’t conquer them with flowers but still...

This is why Bosniaks are real bros for which every Turk must be ready to fight and die.
I do sometimes but all they say is Iskender bey. :lol:

Next time just tell them: But vat ken ay du... samtaymz...

That’s how Empires are built and Iskender Bey was just a naughty vassal like many others who had the same fate. :D

Their so called Skanderbeg hero was trained by the Ottomans. He lasted so long because he knew the Ottomans war tactics and strategies. Well in many ways he was able to win battles but ultimately it means nothing if you cant win the war. Before his death he already bankrupted his kingdom he knew he would not last against the Ottomans forever.

It is.
This is one report about bosnian viliage in Turkey, they arrivede from across all over the Bosnia: Sarajevo, Krajina region, Herzegiovina.

to bad it doesn thave english subs.

There is one interesting short documentary about the bosnian villiage on Albanian coast. They set sail for Istanbul after collapse of the Empire, but they got in the storm or some shit like that, it wasnt really state of the art ship... and they lost curs, and landed on the coast ALbania thinking its now Turkey. Mostgly poor ppl, eveything they had they gave for ther voyage. So they decided to stay there. Then Enver Hoca came to power one of the fucked up communiist diktators. He and Tito didnt get along, let say. So speaking on serbian/croatian/bosnian lenguege was forbidden. And, he was not faund of islam, or religion in general to put it mindly. And they somehow endured, learning secretly our lenguge to their children and they to their and staying religius.

I mean, everyone in Europe speaks about Armenian Genocide, but much greater tradegy on the much larger area was heppening to muslims in Greater Balkans and there is hardly a mention to it. I mean reading just Tostoys diary from its tour to the region in those times would make yuo sick.

I mean, muslim from Balkans only havent been a Sultan. I think more then 1/3 of grand vezeirs were from the Balkans (manly Bosnia, Albania ). The local govorment was made up of local ppl in Bosnia. Founder of Sarajevo and first governer was from mix turkish-bosniak marriage.

Last edited:
From all of Turkey’s biggest basketball players in recent years many of them are of full or partial Bosniak origin.

Hidayet Turkoglu, Semih Erden, Omer Asik, Cedi Osman and especially Mirsad Turkcan/Jahovic who is even born in Sandzhak. I still remember when Turkey won against Serbia in that semifinal in the World Basketball Championship in 2010... I cried and screamed like a baby for like 30 minutes like I scored that basket a moment before the final siren. I remember videos from Novi Pazar with thousands celebrating on the streets that Turkey won against Serbia 83-82. :D What a night it was. :D

Back
Top Bottom