What's new

"Why did you talk to me in Punjabi?" Lady is upset with the constable for speaking in Punjabi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without hearing the context, one cannot take sides, but Punjabi is seen as a lesser language now, sadly. And the Punjabi parents are to be blamed for this, we tell our children from a young age to not speak in Punjabi, when all other ethnic groups proudly own their mother tongue. It's sad that a beautiful language like Punjabi is slowly dying.

We speak only Punjabi at home -- mom tried to steer us to Urdu, only issue was one would end up sounding like a Mujra like Bilawal.

0:26
she said something bad he said to her

Azaadi doge, Education had se ziada doge, jobs me zabardasti gusero ge inko, Pardah karne ki talqeen nahi karoge aur to aur Man=Woman ka parchar karoge to yehi hota hai
It is not about education here although that acts as a catalyst as well as employment but the nature of women is very rude and aggressive, it all comes down to upbringing and the mother of the woman specifically. It is said and i support it that a daughter is mirror reflection of a mother. The more you encourage her to “Yea you can do this”, you actually are giving her more space to become arrogant at some point in future

We speak only Punjabi at home -- mom tried to steer us to Urdu, only issue was one would end up sounding like a Mujra like Bilawal.
There is no problem with any language but the speaker and how the majority uses it. Although i Have seems far worse people who only speak Urdu...

It is not about education here although that acts as a catalyst as well as employment but the nature of women is very rude and aggressive, it all comes down to upbringing and the mother of the woman specifically. It is said and i support it that a daughter is mirror reflection of a mother. The more you encourage her to “Yea you can do this”, you actually are giving her more space to become arrogant at some point in future
Bhai aj kal ki unis me yehi batameez log banrahe hain. Jo IBA, LUMS jaise unis me jakar apne aap ko doosro se balatar samajhte hain. Ab maa bechari bhi kiya kare jab beti ghalat gatherings me ho

This the reason in the old times parents would look up the history of the family and ask around/neighbors, etc. Because if you get stuck with this sort of female and breed you can kiss your nasal good bye.

Bhai aj kal ki unis me yehi batameez log banrahe hain. Jo IBA, LUMS jaise unis me jakar apne aap ko doosro se balatar samajhte hain. Ab maa bechari bhi kiya kare jab beti ghalat gatherings me ho
Iska koi hal nai. The previous generation is responsible for blindly trusting their kids

Reactions: waz
Without hearing the context, one cannot take sides, but Punjabi is seen as a lesser language now, sadly. And the Punjabi parents are to be blamed for this, we tell our children from a young age to not speak in Punjabi, when all other ethnic groups proudly own their mother tongue. It's sad that a beautiful language like Punjabi is slowly dying.

It is solely because of Urdu. Urdu ( which was spoken by Hindus and Muslims of UP and Dehli and which had nothing to do with Muslims of Pakistan and especially Punjab) was imposed on us by the British and that colonial tradition still lives even today. British wanted to remove Dari/Farsi as the lingua franca of this region and replace it with this language.

Unfortunately Punjabis have been hurt the most because of the imposition of this language. Our culture, history, heritage, language is being destroyed by the imposition of Urdu language. A Pathan, Sindhi, Balochi learns Urdu in school/madrasa. Only in Punjab (in cities) Urdu is taught in homes. The only solution lies in teaching Punjabi in schools as a compulsory subject.

Last edited:
It is solely because of Urdu. Urdu ( which was spoken by Hindus and Muslims of UP and Dehli and which had nothing to do with Muslims of Pakistan and especially Punjab) was imposed on us by the British and that colonial tradition still lives even today. British wanted to remove Dari/Farsi as the lingua franca of this region and replace it with this language.

Unfortunately Punjabis have been hurt the most because of the imposition of this language. Our culture, history, heritage, language is being destroyed by the imposition of Urdu language. A Pathan, Sindhi, Balochi learns Urdu in school/madrasa. Only in Punjab Urdu is taught in homes. The only solution lies in teaching Punjabi in schools as a compulsory subject.
Don’t use english then if you have problem accepting a “Foreign” state language which was drafted on the first constitution by the founding leaders.

No one is forcing anyone to give up primary mother tongue and I don’t see that the case in Pakistan. You are crying over nothing. Diverse culture is a blessing actually.

Urdu is just meant to be universally used in the country. Why not abandon english then ? It is also imposed by british educational system and act as idiots traveling around the world speaking urdu or mother tongue to foreigners....

Did people even watch and listen the video? She is saying "he said something BAD in Punjabi". She didn't said why he talk to me in Punjabi.

Like one member pointed, somebody distorted the title for views and people fell for it. Why is our qaum so prone to propaganda instead of investigating first?

0:26
she said something bad he said to her

Azaadi doge, Education had se ziada doge, jobs me zabardasti gusero ge inko, Pardah karne ki talqeen nahi karoge aur to aur Man=Woman ka parchar karoge to yehi hota hai
as long as you didnt get scared.

People like this should be arrested and spend 24 hours in thana.

I believe it is article 10 of Pakistan's constitution which says that nobody can detain someone against their will not even police. They need to have valid reason. If they have valid suspicion then within 24 hours they have to present the person to court of law to get custody of the detainee.

Stopped from using mobile while driving was inconvenient for her and that triggered all this. She should have been arrested and banned from driving for 6 months could have taught some proper English ways of living.
Police should be given body cam.

Did people even watch and listen the video? She is saying "he said something BAD in Punjabi". She didn't said why he talk to me in Punjabi.

Like one member pointed, somebody distorted the title for views and people fell for it. Why is our qaum so prone to propaganda instead of investigating first?
Yeah I believe she was only referring to the bad word used by the policeman.

If he had used bad word in English, she might have pointed out that he said something bad in English.

I don't know why people are getting hyper.. She was caught using the mobile while driving, she should have been fined... What I have noticed is that policemen use really dirty language in Pakistan.. Go to any police station, if you are a decent man, you will not be able to listen to them for more than a few minutes.. Every 10 words' sentence has 5 gali words in it specially when they are talking to suspects..

Last edited:
ur society, learning two words of English watching HUM TV with wrong pronunciation and acting more white than the whites themselves with a shitty Mehran car.
two words gora complex get out of it plz get a life DHA wali aunty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom