What's new

Why China and Japan don't get along

two nations are very close friends when at offshore

This is true LMAO!

Pakistanis and Indians outside S. Asia do make good friends. I have close friends from Pakistan sense from a young age(most from Punjab and Sind). Maybe its hard for Pakistanis and Indians living and raised in S. Asia to believe.. But its the truth.

This is true LMAO!

Pakistanis and Indians outside S. Asia do make good friends. I have close friends from Pakistan sense from a young age(most from Punjab and Sind). Maybe its hard for Pakistanis and Indians living and raised in S. Asia to believe.. But its the truth.

I recall that the EE faculty once hosted a Pakistan vs. India cricket tournament on Campus. The fliers were everywhere. Never had time to find out how it turned out though.

Last edited:
Who is saying to forget it but the problem lies when we remember others but forget ours.

It is a war which brings out the animal within the person, not good for anyone. This is what I wanted to say.

As far as Japan is concerned they also not spared from the rage of war and remains the only nation to suffer two nuclear attacks.

I am sure, they also perfectly understand how you feel.

I thought I was pretty clear with my first post that all I'm looking for is an acknowledgement and apology from the Japanese. All peoples have committed terrible crimes, but what Willy Brandt did was the reason people can move on. The Japanese need to own up to their mistakes, and then people of Asia would be able to move on.

This is true LMAO!

It's hardly surprise. In the US, you have much in common with a fellow sub-continenter than the average American and you also have different "other" to define yourself against.

wu2s.jpg

Never forget. :tup:

You can forgive, but never forget.

Weakness leads to exploitation. Strength leads to prosperity. We need to be strong in order to protect our people, regardless of who the adversary might be.

^^ What language is that, and what does it mean?

It's written in Han characters (the third character is Traditional).

It means: Do not forget National humiliation.

It refers to the "century of humilation" where a weakened China was pushed around by Westerners, and obliterated by the Imperial Japanese army. It completely turned the Chinese world view (of being the center of the world, Tian Xia) around on its head.

Basically, it is a reminder to the Chinese people, that we should always be strong. If we are weak, others will exploit us. Yesterday it was the Japanese, tomorrow it might be someone else. Being strong will make others think twice before they attack us.

I really wish we had some Japanese posters to give the Japanese perspective.

I really wish we had some Japanese posters to give the Japanese perspective.

In my experience, Japanese people don't like to talk about it. And if they do talk about it, they usually say that the Imperial Japanese Army was wrong to commit those war crimes.

(Apart from the ultra-nationalists of course, but I think they are very rare).

Also I want some of our naive friends to read an account of what happened to this poor marine before claiming that remilitarization of Japan is in America's interests:

Ralph Ignatowski - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some of the contents are probably too graphic for the forum so I am not going to quote from this source.

A purely off topic anti Japan propaganda post. During the second world war Japan was the only victim that suffered the most.

Looks like this thread has been opened for unnecessary Japan bashing.

This kind of irrational hatred towards Japan is not good for China's national health. Hope this message is conveyed.

Back
Top Bottom