What's new

“Why Aren’t You Married Yet?”

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
“Why Aren’t You Married Yet?”

As soon as you turn 21, aunties and uncles from all over the place flock around you and bombard you with one very annoying question, ‘Beta, when are you getting married?‘. It doesn’t matter if you are at a family function dancing to a song or at a funeral crying your eyes out, the question pops up every time they see you.

Not only that, they also insist on finding someone ‘suitable’ for you. You have never seen that suitable match of yours who is apparently very good looking, rich, polite and sweet, but you can’t help but hate them. It’s possible that the suitable match feels the same way about you.

Then there are your parents…

Let’s not take this anymore and fight back!

We know the feels.

Here are some clever comebacks to ‘why aren’t you married yet?’.

Warning: Using these comebacks might get you banned from future ‘khaandani’ occasions.

1. Eye their Sons and Daughters

That would scare the hell out of them. Obviously you are not good enough for their own kids, which is why they will avoid you at all costs in the future.

2. Throw a Tantrum

If an aunty looks at you pityingly at a wedding, give in! Throw a huge tantrum in front of your whole khandaan. They will definitely regret their actions!

Bonus: You won’t be invited in any future wedding functions.

3. Ask them Out

If this doesn’t freak them out, we don’t know what will.

4. Tell Them You Are Already Married

Good news is that they will never forgive you.

5. Tell Them You Are Not Straight Enough

Make sure your parents don’t hear you, or be ready to go through this!

Stage 1: Disbelief

Stage 2: Denial

Stage 3: Wrath

Stage 4: Full-on Outrage

6. Be Upfront

Not very effective. It will only shut them up in rare cases.

7. Because You Can’t See the Future
Very honest indeed.

8. Pull a Mean Girl on Them

9. If You’re Into Soulmates, Tell Them You Haven’t Found ‘The One’ Yet
Then start crying. That’s right. Make them feel bad.

10. Tell Them You Won’t BE Getting Married

Because…

Just out of curiosity… when are you getting married?

2. Throw a Tantrum

If an aunty looks at you pityingly at a wedding, give in! Throw a huge tantrum in front of your whole khandaan. They will definitely regret their actions!

I would definitely do this one. :lol:

9. If You’re Into Soulmates, Tell Them You Haven’t Found ‘The One’ Yet
Then start crying. That’s right. Make them feel bad.

:enjoy: :angel:

As soon as you turn 21 :what:

21 is too less to be honest . graduated at 21 though but most get graduated at 22. By age of 22-23 .you only earn aroud earning 15kto-30k PKR which is not enough to support wife/family. its 25-28 which is the age where all aunties starts looking at you as your earning crosses 80k-100k mark....

21 is too less to be honest . graduated at 21 though but most get graduated at 22. By age of 22-23 .you only earn aroud earning 15kto-30k PKR which is not enough to support wife/family. its 25-28 which is the age where all aunties starts looking at you as your earning crosses 80k-100k mark....

Haha.... nice one:lol:
The aunties are the worst. They get overexcited just because they wants you to get married asap.
While some of them tells you that they wants to dance at your wedding :dance3: except that you have never ever seen them dancing in their whole life and they look :wacko: when they dance.

27367932.jpg

The first time I went for the Brains, the second time for the heart, now I'm thinking I should be just going for beauty.

What do you guys think?

@MastanKhan @MaarKhoor @Jonah Arthur @Zibago @The Eagle and others?

Firstly, don't fall into trap at all. lolz......If no chance for survival then go with full charge being brave despite what is the situation. :D

After all you have to get married, why not to do it smartly though marry the one who loves you most. You know what i mean.

I was earning 15k aged 17 :D
Now i can make 25k if i dont start a fight with my boss again and keep working where i am right now i could end up making 50k in 6 month time oh and age is not a determinent in what you earn my manager is like 26 and he makes a lac a month

Last edited:
Not really, the fun has just begun :dance3::dance3::dance3:

On a serious note: Who ever you marry, there will always be that element of nagging. You'll get used to it!:enjoy:
Har sale par uski aur apni ammi kay sath jana parta hay aur ghantoan intezar karna parta hay

bachi lubhing that's why :sad::ph34r::raise:
Bed kay nichey daikho wahaan ho gi

Back
Top Bottom