What's new

Why are Bangladeshi students turning to extremism?

Why are you explaining this to a Bharti? Who is he to you? Do you not see what are these Hindus doing to your Muslim brothers and sisters in Kashmir and elsewhere in Cow Mata Bharat. Hindu bigot killed many Muslim just over consuming cow yet you are here trying to befriend with them Bogot.

They do not like you. These cowards act Iike they like you but deep inside wish your destruction. They can not stand the fact some us posses Islamic ideology. Faster you realize this fact is better for you and Bd.

Don't be afraid of Bharti and their Bd dalal collaborators. I have seen them all and you will too. Stick to truth and justice , and do not ever take the path of munafiqat like them.

Why is a Syloti not interested in Bengal and Bangladesh explaining all this to a Bangladeshi? Who are you to interfere?

And I hate to say this but look at India West Bengalis are proud Indians and look how well their living standards are compared to Bangladeshis

Thanks for thumping the truth back into your compatriots.

You know I don't disagree with all you say....keep going! :tup:

Thanks for thumping the truth back into your compatriots.

You know I don't disagree with all you say....keep going! :tup:

He is a kid and does not know what he is saying.

Data says that BD and W Bengal are similar economically.

Data says that BD and W Bengal are similar economically.

Yes we know the quality of your "data".

It has been proven here many times what the consumption per capita is in WB compared to BD. You can look up those threads yourself for the data (you even participated in many).

Some realise the truth like Arefin and seek to catch up and improve, others live in denial about it because they think Bangladesh is something it clearly isn't (and is clearly shown internationally by LDC status).

Yes we know the quality of your "data".

It has been proven here many times what the consumption per capita is in WB compared to BD. You can look up those threads yourself for the data (you even participated in many).

Some realise the truth like Arefin and seek to catch up and improve, others live in denial about it because they think Bangladesh is something it clearly isn't (and is clearly shown internationally by LDC status).

Look at figures like calories consumed, earnings in US dollars and life expectancy
and you will see that they are comparable.

Plz go ahead give me negative rating. That will be it. I leave pdf. Enough of this Joe Shearer nonsense
you dont need to leave pdf... the negative or positive rating means nothing..
anyway although we got different views, i like your positive attitude, i love multiculturalism which is why i like in london... i cant live in small towns... too much sameness...

Look at figures like calories consumed, earnings in US dollars and life expectancy
and you will see that they are comparable.

All discussed and recycled multiple times.

Cherry picking (and doing that badly too given life expectancy is the only one mentioned where you can make some argument on) does not change the fact that Bangladeshis consume much lower per capita than Indian average (which is where West Bengalis roughly are at).....it stems from education levels, quality, market size and economies of scale in India. There are 100's of industries that are simply unfeasible for Bangladesh to even contemplate doing.

==========================================

@Arefin007 Dont leave us, you are young and have much to learn and to know how to participate better in debates/discussion etc....but I see you accept your mistakes and are eager and willing to learn. I think you will get better with time. Your views are definitely interesting and intriguing for me to read.:tup:

I like to see what other side has to say....and you seem aware of some stark realities that many here are living in self denial about.

Do not bother about negative ratings you get or any number of times you get banned (just learn from the latter part of course like I have). You should be more concerned about what you want to achieve from your participation here and how you can improve as a person etc....and gain more information from all kinds of people around the world on various matters. The world is your oyster my young friend.

You can ask @Imran Khan what he thinks about his negative ratings :D He will absorb some from you unofficially if it helps :P

@TopCat
@kobiraaz
Also
@Anubis
@bongbang

Particularly Anubis.

Don't you think #95 and #101 deserve a negative rating?

Please don't discuss or questions members for negative ratings. Negative ratings is a personal matter based on violation of rules only, not because of diff opinions. We will monitor and review all ratings and those who hand them over.

Please don't discuss or questions members for negative ratings. Negative ratings is a personal matter based on violation of rules only, not because of diff opinions. We will monitor and review all ratings and those who hand them over.

Understood.

I have been called Kangal and miskeen by Pakistanis more than any Indian in this forum. Also you should ask your punjabi brothers what do they think about Machli eating Kala Bangali Admi.

I would die for Ummah at any day but not for people who tried to exploit my people in the name of the religion.

Btw bro, my ethnicity is Kashmiri and I think of Bengalis and all Muslims as my brothers. I have met many Pakistanis and Punjabis and very, very few have anti-Bengali sentiments. Their number is like a drop in the ocean. Its the similar situation in Bangladesh I think too.

Indian member giving neg rating to member who take strong stance against Indian aggression. They never give neg rating to those who favor India. Is it fair or do they deserve to have such power where they abuse it? If this continue than Bd Islamic nationalist will not participate in this forum.

Is it possible to reactivate private message once again. We do not have option to contact you directly like we had in the past.

Why are Bangladeshi students turning to extremism?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37094224

More than 20 people, mostly foreigners, were killed in a brazen Islamist attack on a cafe in the Bangladeshi capital, Dhaka, on 1 July. The five young gunmen were shot dead by the army.

Many in the country were shocked to learn that some of the militants came from wealthy families and were educated in elite educational institutions.

Since then, life in Bangladeshi universities has changed dramatically. The BBC's Ethirajan Anbarasan has been speaking with university students and activists in Dhaka about youth radicalisation.

Suvro Emmanuel Rozario, Dhaka University - 'We have lost connection with our families'
_90805260_image_00005.jpg

Until recently, Bangladesh had a culture of living [closely] together, there were strong family ties, and people were living with their family members, and they were communicating with them.

Suddenly, we had more connection with the world through the internet and social media - [but] we lost connection with our families.

We are being isolated either with a computer or a smartphone.

This is where the extremists take the opportunity.

The vulnerable youth are isolated, and they cannot share their despair or frustration with others.

The extremists exploit frustration of these youths and isolate them from their families.

If you look at those extremists who were involved in recent attacks, they were living isolated from their families.

There is no space to share their emotions.

Muntaka Khan, student activist - 'We need more activities and more inclusion'
_90805252_image_00001.jpg

The latest violent incidents have definitely created a bit of misunderstanding among people on what the youth should do or what they actually think.

At the same time, they have also created a bit of awareness, in the sense that now people are more concerned about what activities the youth are getting involved in and how they are using their free time, because that is very important.

Some of these students involved in extremist activities [came from] reputed universities.

They were definitely studying, but, besides that, probably what happened was [that] they did not have other things to [keep themselves occupied] with, which forced them to do something which was unconventional, which was not normal, which made them go into extremist ways or to get radicalised.

That's the discussion that we are actually going through right now, how can we make the youths more active, or create more inclusion among ourselves so that these sorts of distractions do [not tempt them]?

Mashahed Hassan Simanta, Jahangir Nagar University - 'The lonely are being targeted'
_90805254_image_00002.jpg

The extremists try to find those who are lonely and frustrated.

Those people are easy to manipulate.

In order to fulfil their own purpose, [the extremists] need to inject [their] ideologies into those people.

We need to be more concerned about what our [fellow] students and friends are actually doing.

Ritun Mubtasin Kabir, Jahangir Nagar University - 'I knew they were trying to brainwash me'
_90805256_image_00003.jpg

Most of the frustrated youth do not have an icon or a role model who they can follow and who can mentor them.

Having a role model is important because then [one] can have a goal in life.

We can try to emulate that person.

Our life should always have a purpose, what [we] really want to be.

When I was in school, there was a student organisation linked to an Islamist party.

They came to me and only said that they prayed five times a day.

I knew that they were trying to brainwash me.

Unfortunately, lots of my friends did not have that kind of awareness.

Those people can be easily manipulated.

Most youths are aware of those who are trying to propagate extreme views, but only three or four students can get misled and this minority can do horrible things like the Gulshan attack.

Farah Zein Nikita, Dhaka University - 'What we are seeing is the opposite of Islam'
_90805258_image_00004.jpg

I think what is happening in Bangladesh is misrepresentation and miscommunication about Islam and about religion.

We know that Islam is a religion of peace.

But what we are seeing is the opposite of Islam.

We are a secular country, and we all live together.

Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists live together.

We celebrate all festivals together.

Some of our youths get frustrated about religion and get frustrated about everything.

This is a dark hour in our country, but it will pass very soon.

Rehan Khondekar, Dhaka University - 'Young people need to connect with each other offline'
_90805322_image_00006.jpg

After the Gulshan attack, I think that the youth community should be more connected.

They should go and discuss their issues and inner feelings with their families and friends offline.

We think that we have a separate world on social media like Facebook.

But, actually, we are alone there.

When we meet face to face, we get to know each other and we understand each other's values.

The main problem here is the youth are not getting the right information from the right people.

In our country, what we can do is to use our imams in mosques.

They can spread good values to our youth more frequently during prayers.

We [also] have to make sure that this right information is online.
This is unfortunate. Bangladeshi Muslims are turning toward fundamentalism. Not all Bangladeshis. :disagree:
Also, it's not extremism. It is fundamentalism. Which is the right of any human being. Every human being has the right to follow the fundamentals of his/her religion with total devotion.

In fact, it's more like - they are turning towards Islam and leaving their ethnic and nationalist pride behind. They are tuning to the Islamic Brotherhood worldwide.

These are the demands - offer salaat five times a day, do roza, avoid shirk, consider all idolatry as reprehensible, take the Hadd and Shariah as a whole seriously.

These above demands are justified for a fully practicing Muslim. Now whether that is desirable or not is a different matter altogether.

This is unfortunate. Bangladeshi Muslims are turning toward fundamentalism. Not all Bangladeshis. :disagree:
Also, it's not extremism. It is fundamentalism. Which is the right of any human being. Every human being has the right to follow the fundamentals of his/her religion with total devotion.

In fact, it's more like - they are turning towards Islam and leaving their ethnic and nationalist pride behind. They are tuning to the Islamic Brotherhood worldwide.

These are the demands - offer salaat five times a day, do roza, avoid shirk, consider all idolatry as reprehensible, take the Hadd and Shariah as a whole seriously.

These above demands are justified for a fully practicing Muslim. Now whether that is desirable or not is a different matter altogether.

Islam comes in different color and taste.
Different preacher have preached different types of Islam given the situation of the Muslims or popularly known as Ummah.

For example : During colonial era muslim preachers of India preached a modernized version of Islam dedicated to improve the situation of Muslims by the help of colonial masters.

For Example : During Mongol onslaught, Ibn Tayimiyah preached a very radical form of Islam.

To meet the need of Philosophy, Muslims preached Sufism

During the Golden age of Islamic science, Many Muslims follow a strange version of Islam that even questioned Quran named as Mutazilla.

The most Rigid and Strict Rightly Guided Caliph Omar had a woman as the Main Authority of Mecca Bazar or a Female knight named Khawla that charged on the Romans whereas KSA today bans female driving.

Which one is Fundamental Islam only God Knows.

Back
Top Bottom