What's new

Who is Subhas Chandra Bose to people today?

Happened because we started speaking Thier language

This was really because of British imposition after the conquest of Punjab and also a consequence of being part of the British Raj. All our political elite ended up being educated in Urdu so it was not really much of a surprise. I can't blame them for adopting it, but we should have been taught Punjabi instead of Urdu.

Jinnah never opposed Britishers out of the way...and never went to jail...leave aside sacrifice....
Jinnah sacrificed a lucrative political career being a Muslim Congress lackey to give Muslims sovereignty. That makes him more worthy of respect to me than a guy who for whatever sacrifices and struggles he went through against the British was a FAILURE and a LOSER.

most number of freedom fighters are from Bengal

Most of them were Hindu fanatics too who were intending on waging a struggle against Muslims too. Next.

This was really because of British imposition after the conquest of Punjab and also a consequence of being part of the British Raj. All our political elite ended up being educated in Urdu so it was not really much of a surprise. I can't blame them for adopting it, but we should have been taught Punjabi instead of Urdu.

Jinnah sacrificed a lucrative political career being a Muslim Congress lackey to give Muslims sovereignty. That makes him more worthy of respect to me than a guy who for whatever sacrifices and struggles he went through against the British was a FAILURE and a LOSER.

Most of them were Hindu fanatics too who were intending on waging a struggle against Muslims too. Next.
Any true patriot of Pakistan and our heritage who can see the impending issues coming from chimping over "Urdu this Urdu that"
would be wise to promote A- local languages so they maintain their splendor B- Start building up a consensus on second national language to eventually replace Urdu over time with a proper road map to do so
Or else we'll all become part of ganga sphere and be reduced to saying we are not "Indian" on internet while speaking Hindustani both outside and at home unlike rn

Guess you should check if you are not an idiot...as you said.

Topic is he fought for independence against Britishers.....so per you only people from region have the right to do so.....if you count (off course you have to read the true history not your text books)...most number of freedom fighters are from Bengal...since 1880....you want to challenge?.....
wtf are you talking about dude?
who said only people of this region have "right" to so, I am saying there is no "our/one" region period
He was a Bengali and had no Barings on our region just like people of tamil nadu, Burma, Sri lanka have no baring on our region , he is as foreign to us and our story as someone in Tajikistan, Burma or Tamil lands
I simply don't care for him, he fought against brits just like thousands of others did around the globe
some failed some succeeded it has no bearings on us, my issue till you jumped in like a maniac calling me racist
was him calling him part of our region which he was not, no one in our neck of the wood knows or care about him

If he had said something like Baghat Singh, Faqeer of Ipi was part of our region than yeah, he is right and we know about them
You started calling me racist for that?

Last edited:
In India, he is greatly respected as a national icon. Regardless of ideological leanings, it takes some serious courage to go against a global superpower with nothing more than POWs and limited supplies of weapons. Not to mention the zeal and passion to get things done and even face opposition from one's own compatriots.

wtf are you talking about dude?
who said only people of this region have "right" to so, I am saying there is no "our/one" region period
He was a Bengali and had no Barings on our region just like people of tamil nadu, Burma, Sri lanka have no baring on our region , he is as foreign to us and our story as someone in Tajikistan, Burma or Tamil lands
I simply don't care for him, he fought against brits just like thousands of others did around the globe
some failed some succeeded it has no bearings on us, my issue till you jumped in like a maniac calling me racist
was him calling him part of our region which he was not, no one in our neck of the wood knows or care about him

If he had said something like Baghat Singh, Faqeer of Ipi was part of our region than yeah, he is right and we know about them
You started calling me racist for that?

Racist because you are desecrating him as "A Bengali".....

Have you read or know anything about Indian National Army???.... It consists of bulk of soldiers who were from Punjab, KPK region (turned from British Indian army to INA)....

By the way, how many freedom fighters you had from your region?... Bulk of Punjabi Muslims in pre independence era were feudal and poodles of Brits...Care to name some??

Have you read or know anything about Indian National Army???.... It consists of bulk of soldiers who were from Punjab, KPK region (turned from British Indian army to INA)....

By the way, how many freedom fighters you had from your region?... Bulk of Punjabi Muslims in pre independence era were feudal and poodles of Brits...Care to name some??

Racist because you are desecrating him as "A Bengali
The racist here is the guy who thinks it's a desecration for someone to be a Bengali LMAO

Bulk of Punjabi Muslims in pre independence era were feudal and poodles of Brits
It's funny you are saying this when Hindus, in particular Bengali Hindus were overrepresented in the ranks of British bureaucracy in India. Also nice double standards you have here. It is racist to call Bose a Bengali but you can call us Punjabis poodles and servants.

And then you guys bitch and moan when we choose to not associate with you filthy, hypocritical pujari monkeys.
the way, how many freedom fighters you had from your region?...

Oye kallu, only one line above you admit Punjabis comprised of the INA. You are so low IQ that you refuted yourself without even knowing it.
But since you want a list:

Rai Ahmad Kharral
Jivay Khan Arain
Habib-ur-Rehman Ludhviani
Ubaidullah Sindhi
Habibullah Khan Saadi
Khaksars
Mutineers in Singapore during WW1 were Punjabi Rajputs
I could keep going on but I doubt it would change your mind so I'll stop here and hope Pakistanis don't fall for your nonsense.

Bengalese = Blasphemy? You're the real racist!
Hitler is Austrian, and Bose is Bengalese. Is this strange?

The racist here is the guy who thinks it's a desecration for someone to be a Bengali LMAO

It's funny you are saying this when Hindus, in particular Bengali Hindus were overrepresented in the ranks of British bureaucracy in India. Also nice double standards you have here. It is racist to call Bose a Bengali but you can call us Punjabis poodles and servants.

And then you guys bitch and moan when we choose to not associate with you filthy, hypocritical pujari monkeys.

Oye kallu, only one line above you admit Punjabis comprised of the INA. You are so low IQ that you refuted yourself without even knowing it.
But since you want a list:

Rai Ahmad Kharral
Jivay Khan Arain
Habib-ur-Rehman Ludhviani
Ubaidullah Sindhi
Habibullah Khan Saadi
Khaksars
Mutineers in Singapore during WW1 were Punjabi Rajputs
I could keep going on but I doubt it would change your mind so I'll stop here and hope Pakistanis don't fall for your nonsense.

First, your response can very well be without the use of abusive words....reflects on your upbringing.

On Bengali thing...have you read the previous comments of the poster (I responded to) or were just itching to poke your nose irrespective?

And why Bengali Hindus were over represented in the ranks of British Bureaucracy?.....may be they were better than rest of the lot...same way we have martial races (mostly from today's Pakistan) that over represented the British India Army...or do you think Brits were biased?

Rai Ahmad Kharral - 1857
Jivay Khan Arain - Who was he...no mention about him
Habib-ur-Rehman Ludhviani - He was an Indian (stayed back in India after 1947).
Ubaidullah Sindhi - He was a born Sikh (Buta Singh Uppal). Most of his o called freedom struggle years, he lived in Afghanistan and Soviet Russia.
Habibullah Khan Saadi - His so called freedom struggle was limited to resenting against food, ration etc while service in British Indian Army. He faced court material and that's it. Most of his career was dedicated to Pakistan movement.
Khaksars - Agree. They were true freedom fighters, without bias.

Bengalese = Blasphemy? You're the real racist!
Hitler is Austrian, and Bose is Bengalese. Is this strange?

Not as racist as you guys Mate.

• 鬼子 (guǐzi) – "Guizi", devils, refers to foreigners
    • 日本鬼子 (rìběn guǐzi ) – literally "Japanese devil", used to refer to Japanese , can be translated as Jap .
    • 二鬼子 (èr guǐzi ) – literally "second devil", used to refer to Korean soldiers who were a part of the Japanese army during the Sino-Japanese war in World War II.[214]
  • Xiao Riben (小日本 Small Japanese)
  • 鬼佬 – Gweilo, literally "ghostly man" (directed at Europeans)
  • 黑鬼 (hei guǐ)/(hak gwei) – "Black devil" (directed at Africans).
  • 阿三 (A Sae) or 紅頭阿三 (Ghondeu Asae) - Originally a Shanghainese term used against Indians, it is also used in Mandarin.
  • chán-tóu (纏頭; turban heads) – used during the Republican period against Uyghurs
  • Erzhuanzi (二轉子) – ethnically mixed. The term was said by European explorers in the 19th century to refer to a people descended from Chinese, Taghliks, and Mongols living in the area from Ku-ch'eng-tze to Barköl in Xinjiang.
  • Gaoli bangzi (高麗棒子 Korean Stick) - Used against Koreans, both North Koreans and South Koreans.

Heres more

Last edited:
Jamal ud din Afghani - He was Pan Islamist Afghani.
Syed Ahmed Barelvi - Syed Sahib fought against the Sikh Government not the British
Fazl e Haq - You are right, he fought the british in 1857
Ubaidullah Sindhi - He was a great freedom Leader.
Hasrat Mohani - He did not fight a war

However, i take my word back "the only leader" and replace it with a leader post 1920s who fought the British. Others were only politicians. In fact many of INA comrades fought against the Occupying Army of India during 1948

He was a Bangali and not from "this" region
By your logic, Jinnah was a Gujarati and not from present region of Pakistan.

Are you an idiot
How is he from this region?

Would Ranjeet Singh, faqeer if ipi, Bulleh Shah, sachal sarmast be considered part of "this" region in Tamil, Bangal or Hindustan?
When Pakistanis dont care for Bhagat Singh who was from Lyallpur, Punjab .. how can we expect them to care for Bose.. for them any non-Muslim is automatically not to be remembered.

Hardly related to the cause of Muslims and Pakistan.
Many leaders gave their lives for the independence of entire South Asia. Some piggy-backed on their efforts to carve out a region while South Asia was getting independent.

Last edited:
At that time (1938), he was the President of the Indian National Congress; so must have been welcomed by INC workers and supporters, in Lahore. Nothing to do with Muslims and Pakistan.

And, at that time, Hindus and Sikhs formed majority in Lahore city.
His INA had 40% muslim soldiers. So you cannot say he was only a leader of Hindus.

We got separated from India because we had differences with the some of the Hindu leaders of Hindustan. However, that does not mean all Hindus are bad or all Muslims who sided with Congress were bad. Mr. Bose was the only "naar" leader in the freedom struggle of United India. He was secular and many Muslim fought under him. He sided with Germany and Japanese just like the Bosnian Muslims or the Palestinian Muslim (including Imam Masjid Aqsa) sided with Germany for the independence of their country.

We all need to recognize the fact that there are two different things, Independence and creation of Pakistan. Jinnah, Nehru, Ghandi etc. etc. were all our heros when it comes to independence. However, regarding creation of Pakistan, Jinnah is the hero. Bose was our hero too because he is only related with Independence, so is Bhagat Singh etc.

My request to all, please disagree with each other, do not "hate". If you start hating you and people demolishing Babri Masjid will be no different.
I salute your broad thinking sir.

He is a member of the fascist group.
Define fascism and tell me what actions of Bose qualify as fascist.

But it is true that he joined the fascist group, he is fascist.
Gandhi, Jinnah and Nehru are the leaders of the independence movement in South Asia, bose is not.
Bose was a realist. When your own country is under an oppressive foreign rule, you cannot afford to worry about world politics. Your first patriotic goal should be freedom of your country by whatever means possible.

By your logic, Jinnah was a Gujarati and not from present region of Pakistan.

When Pakistanis dont care for Bhagat Singh who was from Lyallpur, Punjab .. how can we expect them to care for Bose.. for them any non-Muslim is automatically not to be remembered.
Here comes Another Indian with "smart" takes...
We know who baghat Singh is, we don't know who bose guy is
just because Bhagat Singh was born in Lyallpur

we don't care for him because he was against partition
There's no way any patriotic Pakistani would respect a "leader" asking the country they're residing to not exist

So no we don't respect baghat eventhough we know him

For bose most Pakistani don't know his existence

If you look at the map and see where Gujrat and than where Bangal, Tamil is in context of present day pakistan

You won't take these "smart" takes

Here comes Another Indian with "smart" takes...
We know who baghat Singh is, we don't know who bose guy is
just because Bhagat Singh was born in Lyallpur

we don't care for him because he was against partition
There's no way any patriotic Pakistani would respect a "leader" asking the country they're residing to not exist

So no we don't respect baghat eventhough we know him

For bose most Pakistani don't know his existence

If you look at the map and see where Gujrat and than where Bangal, Tamil is in context of present day pakistan

You won't take these "smart" takes
So any Muslim leader who did not fight for independent Pakistan is not to be respected as per you, right?
Independent Pakistan movement started in 40s. So any leader who died prior to that, you wont respect them, right?

Back
Top Bottom