What's new

Which stop gap fighter would you prefer for TurAF?

Which stop gap fighter for TurAF?

• Total voters
Well if hurjet turns out to be great success maybe they will launch hurjet 2.0 that will be actually gripen style jet
If US is going to sell a fighter it will be F-35 because it’s more expensive and more profitable plus can control your airforce through ALIS or other software tools
Eurofighter is the best option it’s 4.5th generation and can fulfill air superiority role
I'm sure even the people at the SSB doesn't know what's going on with the F-35s. So, let's wait and see brother.

For Turkish audience, Arda Mevlütoğlu gave important information about filling the gap in the future.
It is not about the specifications of the aircraft, it is about the requirements, budget and your own infrastructure.
We are comparing the aircraft but we should define the requirements and discuss the exist stuff we have at air bases. Lastly, maybe we can choose between one or two options.

Complexity-Military.png

mugg1.png

ZbxznW2HzIw9P5T5QHTvc8SlNjQSz8DkjGIFVsnbUZ1Gs7ycEr6rSqU9YH1Ysg_i0L28HxlCkd6_Yfa708xXfIy5aoiGkHLhN7JIZWqQLJhH

IMG_20200423_115915.jpg

IMG_20200423_203737.jpg

This chart influenced me 2 things.
1) F15X is great fighter because RCS of f15 reduced from 15-25 to 0.1-1.

2) Could we reduce RCS of F4s?:)
F4s happen to be Workshop of TAI and TurAF. We immensely upgrade and modernize old F4s, so why not cover with RAM old F4s which have very high RCS?
IMG_20200423_211140.jpg
https://www.defenceturkey.com/en/co...d-wing-jet-powered-air-platform-programs-3541

Before making a choice, we should identify our current fighters .
When our Block 30 TMs have indigenous AESA Radar , they will be so cute and real viper configuration.

Last edited:
We can't compare the F-35 with other aircraft with basics such as complexity of the software or the price tag. F-35 is a different model for western fighters. It is not only a combat aircraft but also it is a flying computer on the battlefield, which feeds the F-35's mission computer the freshest data from the field.

If we want to fill the gap caused by F-35. First, we have to know which new features we lost with the F-35. Then we can add the other needs to the list. Also, I mentioned before what are the expectations of the TurAf from F-35 or its alternative. F-15 is a dream for us but can it fill those gaps? Or it will have caused a lost huge amount of money because of our dreams?

Although India purchased Su-30 mki, mig29k, S400 , US supply its domestic fighter with engines.

Even Lockheed Martin offered f21 production to İndia .
So there is no need to worry if US agreed.
It is also possible to produce more F16s in Turkey. But Do we need more F16 or another class fighters?

Although India purchased Su-30 mki, mig29k, S400 , US supply its domestic fighter with engines.

Even Lockheed Martin offered f21 production to İndia .
So there is no need to worry if US agreed.
It is also possible to produce more F16s in Turkey. But Do we need more F16 or another class fighters?

Our airbases, shelters, maintenance system and all infrastructure are in NATO standards. This means if we are going to buy something for the tactical reason it must be the NATO standard. Otherwise, we have to modify our airbases, our maintenance system, our shelters. These are huge investments for filling a gap.

India is an exceptional market. It is big also between the western and Russian market.
We will get more F-16 but I am not sure about the production. It depends on the order.

Why isn't Hurjet on that list, it may not be as capable as those jets. But, I'd take half a dozen Hurjets to one F-15 or Eurojet.

-HURJET FOR STOPGAP-
View attachment 627373
-HURJET FOR STOPGAP-
:-)

I definitely agree with you. Currently, we need to progress for the combat version of HURJET, but I believe that it will be enough for filling the gap, maybe even more valuable. We need to invest our projects, we don't need to feed other companies production lines.

Okay lets buy:-)
But where is it being sold?

TuRAF can order from Turkish Aerospace. If we want to order something new, it won't be as fast as you think.
Maybe there is no ready to level HURJET but at least we will wait for our own project.
If we agree to order F-15 today the first squadron will get its aircraft around 2 years not shorter than Hurjet orders.

Why would we order any more 4th-gen airplanes from the USA when they VIOLATED CONTRACT and failed to deliver our 5th-gen aircraft? This doesn't make any sense at all. We need to come to the conclusion that the US is an enemy of Turkey and Turkish interests. This is pretty evident from their continuing support for PKK/YPG and FETO terrorists, not to mention their past actions. Turkey has only one logical choice forward:
  • F-16 modernization
  • Extensive use of indigenous, advanced UAV/UCAVs
  • Hurjet
  • MMU TF-X
We can invite friendly countries like Pakistan, Azerbaijan, Qatar, Tunisia, etc to join our programs to cut costs and establish long-term partnerships. But no more ordering aircraft from the US, Russia, China, etc.

Why would we order any more 4th-gen airplanes from the USA when they VIOLATED CONTRACT and failed to deliver our 5th-gen aircraft? This doesn't make any sense at all. We need to come to the conclusion that the US is an enemy of Turkey and Turkish interests. This is pretty evident from their continuing support for PKK/YPG and FETO terrorists, not to mention their past actions. Turkey has only one logical choice forward:
  • F-16 modernization
  • Extensive use of indigenous, advanced UAV/UCAVs
  • Hurjet
  • MMU TF-X
We can invite friendly countries like Pakistan, Azerbaijan, Qatar, Tunisia, etc to join our programs to cut costs and establish long-term partnerships. But no more ordering aircraft from the US, Russia, China, etc.

Do you know that we need and approval from the US for any F-16 modernization?

Back
Top Bottom