What's new

Which stop gap fighter would you prefer for TurAF?

Which stop gap fighter for TurAF?

• Total voters
My little poll happens to be exiting, most of dear voters have made Eurofighter top of the list whereas F15 and variants slightly reduced performance.

Türkiye as a country has changed security doctrines should purchase Air superiority fighters nonetheless Türkiye should have most reliable and proven real fighter F15s.
Eurofighter isnt prefered substantially by european countries.

Benitez-6-3-19-figure-1.png

Benitez-6-3-19-figure-9.png

The dogs bark but the caravan goes by.
You can’t make an omelette without breaking some eggs first.

İ need decontaminate my topic and promote my poll.

Go F15 go!
Thanks for precious votes.

Please respect the ideas/future projection of the members instead of using inappropriate language directed to these members. If you don’t ageee on the subject with a member, Just try to agree on disagree and go on spending good time in other threads instead of getting stuck in same thread disturbing you, in order not to repeat same dialogues again and again.

Thanks for your understanding.

F15 X is not a secret fighter , its all secrets and capabilities had been revealed Before f35 appeared. So there is nothing to worry if USA is going to sell.
However F15 silent eagle has some secret radar absorbent material, Any country would have those F15SE and any country's Air force would relay on it if Türkiye purchased. Moreover Turkey have already reached knowledge of RAM .

TAI and Boeing could create joint project where some details of chassis, some avionics , radar absorbent cover , radars,sensors would be produced bu Türkiye. İt is very possible and easy .
İt just subjects to Türkiye's desire to produce an excellent pure bred dogfighter as F15 silent eagle.

IMO None of the above options will be bough by Turkish gov. Turkey have already enough fighters for the next 10 years.

Turkey will start to think to buy some fighters if only TFX program get further delay from its previous time table. And at that period, a new 4.5 generation fighter like KFX will possibly comes to the market and can be considered by Turkish government to be bought to replace their 32 F 4 Phantom

Last edited:
TurAF needs more air superiority capacity if Turkey monitors over the mediterrian sea. Your refueling tankers will be first target in case of any combat.

Also TAI needs more experience before MMU.
Since TurAF though they would need F35s , now there isnt any f35 so now TurAF urges fighters more than F16s. Thats why both F15 X and SE would close the gap until MMU appears.

İ really know what does airsuperiority fighter is and difference are. İ saw with my own eyes and touched with my bared hands a Tupolev strategic bomber, su-27, mig29 etc.

And i tell you something SU27 whic is Air Superiority fighter as F15 is really big , bigger than mig 29! Now stop comparing f16 with F15.
_9RlTHd06ooH6Wkrad58xcF3xRU9R77zN_WgFrJF9dGFcbQeVRaxRS1bnrXFbNhi8VYrpt2sxd3GlyJzVQXcgW4HUtRkVVjqPhMrluKIjsc

Can you see difference between f22 and f35 ?

Last edited:
Qatar pays around $26 billion to buy 96 Fighter Jets , missiles and equipments

36 F-15QA = $12 billion
24 Eurofighters = $6.4 billion
36 Rafale = $7,5 billion

Qatar's purchase of 24 Eurofighter jets with deliveries due to start in 2022
Qatar received its first 5 of Rafale fighter jets in 2019
and Qatar will take delivery of the first 6 F-15QAs by March 2021. Another 6 will be delivered 3 months later.
the rest of the 24 jets will be delivered every 3 months in batches of 4 jets

so Qatar can deploy 12 F-15QA Fighter Jets in Incirlik Airbase for deterrence in the Eastern Mediterranean to protect Turkish EEZ .... ( Ucaklar Qatar da hangarda duracagına , Turkiye de hava üslerinde hem egitim görsünler hem de Türkiyeye caydırıcılık kazandırsınlar )

also Turkish Airforce can train Qatari Airforce in Turkey
and Turkey can deploy 12 F-16s in Turkish military Base in Qatar .... HURJET , AKSUNGUR , AKINCI can be used for bombing terror targets instead of using F-16s

Qatari F-15QA first flight
Capture.JPG

Turkey and Qatar can help each others ... Qatar and Turkey have a strategic relationship
so we can spend $10 billion to develop the TF-X instead of buying new Fighter Jets , if F-35s will not delivered

btw I would prefer 48 F-15x Super Eagle for TURAF to replace F-4s instead of American control flying computer F-35

also F-15X would cost about $27.000 per hour to fly, well below the $44.000 an hour to fly the F-35A

and Boeing claims that the F-15X will have a whopping 20.000 hour service life , by comparison the F-35 was built to serve only 8.000 hours

1 F-35 costs $352 million over the 8,000 hour lifespan of the Jet
10 F-35 costs $3,5 billion over the 8,000 hour lifespan of the Jets
100 F-35 costs $35 billion over the 8,000 hour lifespan of the Jets

Turkey plan to buy 100 F-35A for $10 billion + $35 billion operating cost for the lifespan of 100 F-35s

$45 billion ... what a great money for Countries like Turkey

and Turkey spent $40 billion for 3,6 million Syrian refugees since 2012

Last edited:
Qatar pays around $26 billion to buy 96 Fighter Jets , missiles and equipments

36 F-15QA = $12 billion
24 Eurofighters = $6.4 billion
36 Rafale = $7,5 billion

Qatar's purchase of 24 Eurofighter jets with deliveries due to start in 2022
Qatar received its first 5 of Rafale fighter jets in 2019
and Qatar will take delivery of the first 6 F-15QAs by March 2021. Another 6 will be delivered 3 months later.
the rest of the 24 jets will be delivered every 3 months in batches of 4 jets

so Qatar can deploy 12 F-15QA Fighter Jets in Incirlik Airbase for deterrence in the Eastern Mediterranean to protect Turkish EEZ .... ( Ucaklar Qatar da hangarda duracagına , Turkiye de hava üslerinde hem egitim görsünler hem de Türkiyeye caydırıcılık kazandırsınlar )

also Turkish Airforce can train Qatari Airforce in Turkey
and Turkey can deploy 12 F-16s in Turkish military Base in Qatar .... HURJET , AKSUNGUR , AKINCI can be used for bombing terror targets instead of using F-16s

Qatari F-15QA first flight
Capture.JPG

Turkey and Qatar can help each others ... Qatar and Turkey have a strategic relationship
so we can spend $10 billion to develop the TF-X instead of buying new Fighter Jets , if F-35s will not delivered

btw I would prefer 48 F-15x Super Eagle for TURAF to replace F-4s instead of American control flying computer F-35

also F-15X would cost about $27.000 per hour to fly, well below the $44.000 an hour to fly the F-35A

and Boeing claims that the F-15X will have a whopping 20.000 hour service life , by comparison the F-35 was built to serve only 8.000 hours

1 F-35 costs $352 million over the 8,000 hour lifespan of the Jet
10 F-35 costs $3,5 billion over the 8,000 hour lifespan of the Jets
100 F-35 costs $35 billion over the 8,000 hour lifespan of the Jets

Turkey plan to buy 100 F-35A for $10 billion + $35 billion operating cost for the lifespan of 100 F-35s

$45 billion ... what a great money for Countries like Turkey

and Turkey spent $40 billion for 3,6 million Syrian refugees since 2012

36 F-15QA = $12 billion!! Ohh my goodness . Americans totally milk Qatar.
One f15 qa costs nearly 300 million dollar?
What kind of features does QA configuration have?
AFAIK F15 X is offered with reasonable price instead of silent eagle's much more expensive cost.
IMG_20200422_212552.jpg

Qatar signed 12 billion deal with US but boeing awarded 6.2 billions. WTF. Where has gone half of deal 6 billion?:)

AFAIK f15 X costs around 90 million dollars whereas qatar is fucked 330million per fighter.
We could offer minumum%30 local production participation due to TAI's capability.

Last edited:
Setting up a new infrastructure and opening a new production line ain't cheap...
If production were more expensive than purchasing , Turkiye wouldn't have gone for limited production of T129 helis.
Marginal cost and marginal utility of 30-40 t129 must be counted by TAI.

TAI has everything for setting up a new joint production.
We are still officially supporter of F35 .

We will see in two years how hurjet is going
If there’s some serious stalling then TuAF would start considering foreign options
F-15X is by far the best option even better than F-35 but if Turkey wants to work more with europeans for TF-X and other future projects then eurofighter will be preferable option from political&military view

We will see in two years how hurjet is going
If there’s some serious stalling then TuAF would start considering foreign options
F-15X is by far the best option even better than F-35 but if Turkey wants to work more with europeans for TF-X and other future projects then eurofighter will be preferable option from political&military view
I used to think the same way but don't expect a Gripen from a jet like the Hurjet. It will be the equivalent of the T-50 Golden Eagle instead. But it can provide enough firepower to be used in the future foreign bases of TuAF. I don't expect the US would sell us F-15s in the future, so there's a higher chance for the Eurofighter instead IF the TuAF plans to buy a stop-gap jet until th TF-X/MMU is ready.

Is it a question?
Yes, but I'm not forcing you to answer this question. You can keep living in dreams instead where the US is willing to sell us the F-15s...

I used to think the same way but don't expect a Gripen from a jet like the Hurjet. It will be the equivalent of the T-50 Golden Eagle instead. But it can provide enough firepower to be used in the future foreign bases of TuAF. I don't expect the US would sell us F-15s in the future, so there's a higher chance for the Eurofighter instead IF the TuAF plans to buy a stop-gap jet until th TF-X/MMU is ready.
Well if hurjet turns out to be great success maybe they will launch hurjet 2.0 that will be actually gripen style jet
If US is going to sell a fighter it will be F-35 because it’s more expensive and more profitable plus can control your airforce through ALIS or other software tools
Eurofighter is the best option it’s 4.5th generation and can fulfill air superiority role

Back
Top Bottom