What's new

Which country BD want a better tie in the future?

which country you prefer or support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Regarding Urdu, I don't really care if Bengalis speak the language or not, our language is Bengali. I don't like the standardised Bengali or the proper Bengali, it sounds too soft, I like Sylheti but I'm biased here as it is my mother tongue, but also because it sounds very rough and so it's hard to identify by people not familiar with the language.
yes, Urdu has traditionally been present in Bengali Muslim families as first or second language (besides among the Bangladeshi Mohajirs) and it is hilarious when indians try to taunt Bangladeshis by call Urdu-speaking Bangladeshis as Arabic wannabe. in fact they would have no problem calling Bangladeshis as Arab wannabe because of our practice of minimal Arabic as Muslims.

yes, Urdu has traditionally been present in Bengali Muslim families as first or second language (besides among the Bangladeshi Mohajirs) and it is hilarious when indians try to taunt Bangladeshis by call Urdu-speaking Bangladeshis as Arabic wannabe. in fact they would have no problem calling Bangladeshis as Arab wannabe because of our practice of minimal Arabic as Muslims.

Why would someone tell you arab wannabe if you speak Urdu? That would make you a Hindusthani wannabe since Urdu essentially is a North Indian language! Although you guys are terrible Hindusthani speaker and whatever you learned is thanks to mindless ogling of Bollywood movies. I know you will disagree but that's the truth as far as it goes.

I remember you guys used to use Lanat at every drop of hat probably imaging yourselves horse riding nomad rebuking the desi aboriginals in condescending tone. It's hilarious after being pointed out it's basically Punjabi/Hindusthani word like many of the other 'phoren' words you use to separate yourselves from hindus! Another example is Paani, which is Hindusthani word derived from Sanskrit.

We Indians can't bear anyone insulting our dialect with their broken accent. You guys can't even speak a sentence in Urdu properly. :pissed:
The Urdu of these wannabe Taimurid is extremely horrible to listen. :omghaha::omghaha:

Right we do not know anything. We must learn from Indian who doesn't know the difference between Z and J sound. :D

Ignorance and arrogance are two basic building block among Indian.
:coffee:
Why don't you consult with your fellow Indian and get back to me later. :azn:

That is true. Most Indian languages don't differentiate between J and Z. I had to learn it myself and it took me a few days to pronounce Zach correctly.

Bhai, my argument against Bharti is purely based on principal. We decide what we should or should not be. If we decided one day to make Arabic as our national langue then it should be our discretion. What bother me most is that Bharti's unwanted dictation on Bangladeshi.

Looks like I touched a raw nerve. Don't feel sad. It's natural. Being from Sylhet you won't be able to speak Urdu the way someone from Lucknow would. I am just saying that no one feels a heart burn to see you try to speak an Indian language.

No, I was just pointing out your weakness on Urdu language. You see, you can not come and advise me on a matter that you lack basic knowledge. You and some other punks advising me on Urdu is like electrician attempt to correct an engineer on design principal of electrical system.

Bhai, my argument against Bharti is purely based on principal. We decide what we should or should not be. If we decided one day to make Arabic as our national langue then it should be our discretion. What bother me most is that Bharti's unwanted dictation on Bangladeshi.

Pyaasa kuain ke pass jata hai. In this case, you will need to go to the desert, not get the desert to come to you.

But seems when it came time to vote with your feet, you preferred the kaffir crusaders, not your desert dwellers (who will never let you become a citizen, not let you marry their women, open bank accounts... things which the kaffirs allow!).

No, I was just pointing out your weakness on Urdu language. You see, you can not come and advise me on a matter that you lack basic knowledge. You and some other punks advising me on Urdu is like electrician attempt to correct an engineer on design principal of electrical system.

Not really. This khichdi called Urdu's vocabulary is >90% from our lands, same goes for the grammar, structure everything.

It is not the native language of any areas of Pakistan or Bangladesh or any part of Islamic world anywhere.

So you are completely wrong about this.

Right we do not know anything. We must learn from Indian who doesn't know the difference between Z and J sound. :D

I see this pathetic ignorance among this set.

OK, Hindi doesn't have the Z sound and Arabic doesn't have the P sound. Many languages have or lack different sounds.

Why make so much song and dance about it?

I know the difference between J and Z. I have seen the sample of your funny sounding broken Urdu, so stop your gibberish jokes. :omghaha::omghaha: Hindustani is native to India so certainly you have to look towards us to learn it. Most of you look towards Bollywood movies loaded with Urdu particularly the polished variety of Urdu from Lucknow and you guys ended up trying failed copycat. :rofl::rofl:

Urdu has traditionally been disliked by Bengali Muslims. ;)

I see this pathetic ignorance among this set.

OK, Hindi doesn't have the Z sound and Arabic doesn't have the P sound. Many languages have or lack different sounds.

Why make so much song and dance about it?

OK, finally some one got my point.

If you go through the thread, you will discover that I was criticized by one of your country men because I used Urdu word in my post. Instead of correcting your countrymen, your attack continued toward me.

OK, finally some one got my point.

If you go through the thread, you will discover that I was criticized by one of your country men because I used Urdu word in my post. Instead of correcting your countrymen, your attack continued toward me.

Nothing against you personally.

I only respond to specific posts and issues.

It is true however that BD was created at least in part because of opposition to imposition of Urdu by a people whose language it was not.

I know the difference between J and Z. I have seen the sample of your funny sounding broken Urdu, so stop your gibberish jokes. :omghaha::omghaha: Hindustani is native to India so certainly you have to look towards us to learn it. Most of you look towards Bollywood movies loaded with Urdu particularly the polished variety of Urdu from Lucknow and you guys ended up trying failed copycat. :rofl::rofl:

Urdu has traditionally been disliked by Bengali Muslims. ;)
some of that is political half knowledge and out of illteracy. but then you are talking to a Bengali Muslim himself. i'd suggest you learn what you don't know about a neigbouring Muslim society. you should realize how inappropriate your statements are, as if you are trying to make someone dislike or like a language, or trying to dictate what language is his and what is not

Why would someone tell you arab wannabe if you speak Urdu? That would make you a Hindusthani wannabe since Urdu essentially is a North Indian language! Although you guys are terrible Hindusthani speaker and whatever you learned is thanks to mindless ogling of Bollywood movies. I know you will disagree but that's the truth as far as it goes.

I remember you guys used to use Lanat at every drop of hat probably imaging yourselves horse riding nomad rebuking the desi aboriginals in condescending tone. It's hilarious after being pointed out it's basically Punjabi/Hindusthani word like many of the other 'phoren' words you use to separate yourselves from hindus! Another example is Paani, which is Hindusthani word derived from Sanskrit.
they maybe 'poren' to Hindu Bengalis especially ones from Calcutta, that's why you associate it to Hindustani/Punjabi. but when you are talking about the Bangla we use, they are very local. they are a lot of overlap between these languages. and i'm not even getting into Urdu spoken by ethnic Bengalis as first language. my grip on Urdu is basic-intermediate. if you are wanting to know WHERE bangladeshis learn Urdu, let me give you some hint: in my case my parents use Urdu, and Urdu and Farsi have traditionally been part of my family, although we are native Bangla speakers of a certain dialect. i think Urdu/Hindustani is actually very easy to learn for Bangladeshis once you know how to just modify Bangla to the right extent. for some people Bollywood is the only place they learned Urdu from, but not everyone. your politically motivated generalizations is very distasteful.

Nothing against you personally.

I only respond to specific posts and issues.

It is true however that BD was created at least in part because of opposition to imposition of Urdu by a people whose language it was not.
i didn't know it had nothing to do with 1970 elections, armed agitation by extreme PAL elements, infiltration of Indian agents, 6 points, army operation etc. :disagree:
i didn't know a country can be 'created' because one of it's own languages is being given official status

Last edited:
i didn't know it had nothing to do with 1970 elections, armed agitation by extreme PAL elements, infiltration of Indian agents, 6 points, army operation etc. :disagree:

I said "in part".

What part of it you didn't understand?

i didn't know a country can be 'created' because one of it's own languages is being given official status

Are you trying to act ignorant here or is it something else?

I said "in part".

What part of it you didn't understand?

Are you trying to act ignorant here or is it something else?
even then you are wrong completely

what are you trying to prove? all indians are clueless like you?

even then you are wrong completely

what are you trying to prove? all indians are clueless like you?

So you are saying forcing Urdu on Bangladeshis had no part in their alienation, right from Mr. Jinnah's time?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom