What's new

Which country BD want a better tie in the future?

which country you prefer or support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They mainly composed in Persian, their Urdu works are insignificant. One of them related to Baghdadi Sufi family of Suharawardis and another Kashmiri marchent family of Dhaka Nawab. Like I said, Persian was the language of court during Nawab's time and educated Muslims followed the "tradition" in Persian. Even Iqbal had his majority of work in Persian. Urdu never flourished in Bengal, if you think it is otherwise then obviously you are misinformed.

I have nothing against Urdu/Hindustani. In fact the very first major literary work of your much-hated Tagore was in Braj-Bhasa which is very close to Hindustani and used extensively in Hindustani classical music, however the idea of Urdu being "patronized" and "traditionally" spoken in all educated Muslim families is simply incorrect.

There was no Musalmani Bangla except in mind of revisionists. Before mass absorption of Tatsama words in Bengali, it was mainly Magadhi Prakrit based language with indigenous Desi vocabulary.
sorry LaBong historical facts don't depend on your politicised narrow views. and we're having different definitions of "significant" and "flourish". consider this, acknowledging Urdu/Hindustani heritage of Bengal or Bengalis (Muslim or not) won't do any harm to anyone's appreciation of Sanskrit Bengali traditions. it would only have positive effect on the richness of your lands and your psyches

The local Bangla of East Bengal, which my grandfather used to speak flawlessly has nothing to do with any religion. It's a dialect just as there are other dialects exist in Birbhum, Bakura of West Bengal.

It is undeniable, any Bengali Muslim family the vocabulary is very different.

Wah Wah :-)

abhi google se pucha, familiar nahi tha

Daag Dehlvi

Bhai ap shayir admi hai?

Nahin Bhai but because we've all been introduced to Urdu Poetry either in our Homes or in School - I do remember a handful of couplets ! :)

Plus I love Allama Iqbal & I'm reasonably well acquainted with his works ! :kiss3:

1. Actually we hate India most holding it responsible for much of our problems.BAL guys must display their "love"for India because they have accepted themas master sand are totally dependent on that nation.Any person showing his love for India on a street in Dhaka is surely going to be lynched.

2. Our umbilical tie with the Ummah is the most vital element in our national identity.

3.Despite the sores of 1971, Pakistan is our natural ally. For instance if we are invaded by India, we know Pakistan will react - even using nukes.I don't know if we have a secret deal for this, but that's not necessary.

4.After 1975 it is the Chinese umbrella spread over us that has kept predators away.In the international arena China has been our steadfast friend and guide.We are grateful to the great Chinese people for whom we have much love.

1. Actually we hate India most holding it responsible for much of our problems.BAL guys must display their "love"for India because they have accepted themas master sand are totally dependent on that nation.Any person showing his love for India on a street in Dhaka is surely going to be lynched.

2. Our umbilical tie with the Ummah is the most vital element in our national identity.

3.Despite the sores of 1971, Pakistan is our natural ally. For instance if we are invaded by India, we know Pakistan will react - even using nukes.I don't know if we have a secret deal for this, but that's not necessary.

4.After 1975 it is the Chinese umbrella spread over us that has kept predators away.In the international arena China has been our steadfast friend and guide.We are grateful to the great Chinese people for whom we have much love.

Same can be said for jamati...

Apart from jamati no one hate or even love India.... every common Bangladeshi want normal relation with India.

It is undeniable, any Bengali Muslim family the vocabulary is very different.

You mean speaking the words from Khariboli and Punjabi and believing that they are Persian or Arabic in origin.

me and most grown ups i have seen in BD couldn't care less about this. only when i was very young though i did the flower placing and stuff. most even agree it's somewhat heretic. and it totally supports how political things have been turned into to serve an agenda we are very familiar with

This is called pure denial of the history. Now, you guys can speak Hindi and Urdu because of Indian movies.

If you got weak heart please leave PDF as soon as possible or you might have a heart attack:lol: specially after reading the jamati
version of our liberation war. Even if you are perfectly healthy, i suggest you not to eat before reading their version of history or you might throw up. You remind me of @BDforever in his innocent days, before he got broken by jamati logic:omghaha:.

Our grandfathers sacrificed a lot to be called East Pakistanis but not for Urdu, the dream got scattered in a few years.

@BDforever has become a Jamati?? :( I had a doubt but..........!! :cray:

Chotto cheletar magajdholai hoye gelo go.......!! :fie:

You mean speaking the words from Khariboli and Punjabi and believing that they are Persian or Arabic in origin.

This is called pure denial of the history. Now, you guys can speak Hindi and Urdu because of Indian movies.
yes you are right about yourself. this is denial of history. are you saying movies are part of your historical analysis. very funny. no movie ever taught my older folks Urdu or Farsi. maybe you were educated by movies. but there are other ways. even i did not learn the majority of my Urdu from any Indian movie. i'm not saying all people don't, some do

sorry LaBong historical facts don't depend on your politicised narrow views. and we're having different definitions of "significant" and "flourish". consider this, acknowledging Urdu/Hindustani heritage of Bengal or Bengalis (Muslim or not) won't do any harm to anyone's appreciation of Sanskrit Bengali traditions. it would only have positive effect on the richness of your lands and your psyches

What historical fact? You haven't posted any historical fact. There is no Hindustani heritage in Bengal, which is why it was and is called Bengal, not Hindustan(Northern India).

Bengali was predominantly based on Pali and Prakrit before increase of Sanskrit influence during Bengal renaissance. It's still based on Prakrit substratum with many Tatsama(words directly borrowed from Sanskrit) words. There are many farsi loan words also because of it being official language of Mughal and Nawab of Bengal and Arabic words which came via Farsi. Urdu which is but Khariboli dialect of Hindustani replete with borrowing from Persian and Arabic has had no influence whatsoever on development of modern Bengali nor had it any prominence among educated Bengali Muslims(a negligible faction to begin with before partition), save for North Indian migrants who came in horde with Wajid Ali Shah, Shia Nawab of Lucknow and settled in metiaburj, Kolkata.

yes you are right about yourself. this is denial of history. are you saying movies are part of your historical analysis. very funny. no movie ever taught my older folks Urdu or Farsi. maybe you were educated by movies. but there are other ways. even i did not learn the majority of my Urdu from any Indian movie. i'm not saying all people don't, some do

If Bengali Muslims had acceptance towards Urdu, your language divide wouldn't have come in open just after the creation of Pakistan.

59-51

crb.gif

Back
Top Bottom