What's new

Female Labor Participation went up in Bangladesh - tops large subcontinent countries

I know you love to tease us....but we kinda like where we live. 8-)

Flipside of hate is love. Today you hate us but tomorrow? Who knows ?

It is the khatta-meetha spice of life. All in the same mix.....

Hate is a strong word but i wouldn't be surprised if Bangladeshis convince me to hate them given the absolute lack of civility in their contributions to the forum.

@Bilal9

I am really envious of these two achievements of the BD government and the society at large.

1. Building a successful garmenting industry
2. Getting millions of young women into the workplace.

One could argue that the two are twins really.

Wish India could have done the same- especially the poorer states in the BIMARU and NE region.

Regards

This is not about Lady doctors but providing low level jobs for large numbers of semi educated women.

The underwear business is ideal for that.

This is not about Lady doctors but providing low level jobs for large numbers of semi educated women.

It has gone far beyond underwear now. Value addition is more specialized, with suit jackets, PPE and denim items.

It has gone far beyond underwear now. Value addition is more specialized, with suit jackets, PPE and denim items.
It pains me to see the level of delusion and arrogance amongst a segment of Pakistanis. They just cannot wrap their head around the fact that women can be equal members of their society hence these frequent snarky remarks about Bangladeshi women.
Jinnah is probably rolling in his grave.

It pains me to see the level of delusion and arrogance amongst a segment of Pakistanis. They just cannot wrap their head around the fact that women can be equal members of their society hence these frequent snarky remarks about Bangladeshi women.
Jinnah is probably rolling in his grave.
No, no. You are blaming Pakistanis for no reason. They love and respect women and marry in scores to produce their twenties/ thirties of children.

Note the picture below and count the number of children fathered by the bearded old man. The little one on his lap is probably three years and a half old when he himself is over 75.

Pakistanis remain very superstitious living in the 7th century ignorant world. No wonder, they would criticize our women for living a creative and active life instead of producing scores of children they do.

pakistan-census-population-social_a0aa97e0-4dab-11e7-81ca-1a4d4992589d.jpg

Are you kidding here by lowering the importance of textiles in the total industrialization that follows it? While you are pretending to show off your macho culture, in reality, you are showing your ignorance about how the world has been industrializing.

Perhaps many half-literate guys do not even know that today's developed countries started their (modern) economic development through successful textile ventures.

England (cotton textiles), France (cotton textiles after stealing and smuggling a few prototype steam power looms from England), America (raw silk to Europe), Japan (silk and cotton/ polyester textiles), Korea (polyester and cotton textiles), and China.

After accumulating capital, expertise, labor/ production management, packaging, shipment, and many other things in a modern economy, each of them leaped forward to other industries gradually and started to build metal-based industries producing more value-added goods.

China is the latest example. China is already rising up the ladder of the next industries, BD will take a few more decades to go to that stage. But, for now, it is following the correct path of producing UNDERWEAR.

But, why does it hurt you if we produce UNDERWEAR? Is it not out of jealousy? We can produce and export $40 billion worth of UNDERWEAR, but your country cannot.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom