What's new

when i went to america.fearing and confused

ali_raza

Reaction score
trip to USA.
i have been a huge fan of traveling since childhood.this time it was america that stuck my mind.
it was when i was talking to my grandmother who happens to live with his sons in california.she said u must visit america.its a great place.
i decided to go to american embacy to apply for a visa.where i met a lady and she adviced me to apply for whole family together so we would consider ur case softly.cos single guys attracts negative attention.
so i applied my b1/b2 visa for whole family.that was the day my dad wore pant shirt for the first time.he looked so classy.we were all prazing him.and surpassingly he was very good at english.anyway we went in it was the first time i met with any american.despite my doubts they were very friendly.we gave them our documents and they said to pick the passports from embecy the next day.when i came back the next day they punched visas on our passports for all of us.
then came the day we all were waiting it was 20th november 2016 for my departure from muscat to san francisco.
after a long hectic flight of 16 hours i finally reached SFO.my cousin was there to pick us up.we dropped our family to home and he took me to i hope for breakfast.i took out my cigarettes and started smoking while i was enjoying the cool breeze of california.he joined me later too.
this day went on and i slept after breakfast to wake up next day.
i was very confused about roads here despite being on the same side driving to my country the roads were very different.people use to stop at any sign.no overspeeding it all felt like a machine to me.
we went on to have lunch in my mamu,s home who lived near a dam(san pablo dam) it was breathtakingly beautiful.but i laughed at the name cos i saw tgatyTV series narcos and i thought its pablo escobar lol.
we had a very great lunch.my aunty prepared alote of foods for us.
my aunt is from afghanistan.i was very confused about her but later on i came to realize that afghans are also good people.she became my best friend.and she also said beta yaha weed bi legal ha lol.
moving on.
i spent days and nights hanging out like awara kids.from cinemas to parks to clubs to musiums to ferries.hense i didn't left any corner of san francisco.
then one fine morning on saturday my cousins gathered and said lets go we have a surprise for ya.and i went with them knowing nothing.after driving for an hour they told me we r going vegas.
i was like what the F.hahahha
it made me excited we drove for 5 hours we started from lush green areas of the bay area to death valley.untill we reached nevada.and then to vegas itself.i tell u guys vegas have its own charm.
as we were all almost same age so we had no sharam.we rocked the whole night booz strippers what ever they throw at us we were out of this world for a days.finaly on sunday noon we head back.i was a bit sad to leave this place.but u know sins must be controlled so we did.
after reaching home my mom was waiting for me and said she missed me and told me why not took all of us with u.and i was like(kia batao kiu ni le kar gya) mom i forgot.hahahha
days go on i was getting familiar with the place enjoying every bit of it.i wished i could stay here for ever.and my mamu offered me that he might arrange something to apply a green card for me.
but i had to leave them cos my other uncle which were from my father side lived in new york, he use to call me to come everyday.anyway i left california leaving my mom and little kids behind and took a flight to new york.it was a 7 hour flight.
here i landed at JFK i was already sad for leaving california and it was very crowded place more then i expected.my both hand were handling my luggage and i was talking on fone to my mom telling her i reached nyc.suddenly i dropped my fone which was a gift from my mamu.it broke its screen.it made me sad but sadness washed away when i met my uncle he was a very funny.
i stayed 3 days in new york and then i had to come back to oman.
first day starts with him going to his office and he took me with him.his office was on 33rd street.it was a huge building we went in it looked like a city rather then a building.he prepared a security pass for me before we went there.we entered there office i wasn't what i was expecting.it was like a theme park.some one sitting on the floor some in cafe some in gym.all connected to each other via server and working.i was very impressed.
my uncle finished his work and some online meetings and we went to time square.
this was the place which i will never forget.it looked like i m in another planet.digital age was dancing infront of my and i was looking here and there.i saw each and every race of this earth there.
i was overwhelmed by arrangements of this sort.
after spending 2 hours in time square we went to rokefeller center it was christmas days so they were planting the biggest christmas tree there.people were skating and i reluctantly joined them and turns out that i was better then many there.lol
next day we went to say hello liberty auntie.she said hello to all of PDF guys.and the day ended.
last day of my trip was here i was very sad being overwhelmed by love and hospitality of america i was about to leave.
i left for JFK from home in long island.it was snowy.uncle said u might get delayed and i was happy praying for a delay but turns out ot was safe until next day to fly.
anyway i left america with memories and experiences which i thought to share with all of u guys.in the end i loved america.

plz comment and apologies for if its too long.

IMG_3608.JPG

IMG_3618.JPG

IMG_6401.JPG
IMG_6400.JPG

IMG_6397.JPG
IMG_6398.JPG

IMG_6395.JPG
IMG_6396.JPG

trip to USA.
i have been a huge fan of traveling since childhood.this time it was america that stuck my mind.
it was when i was talking to my grandmother who happens to live with his sons in california.she said u must visit america.its a great place.
i decided to go to american embacy to apply for a visa.where i met a lady and she adviced me to apply for whole family together so we would consider ur case softly.cos single guys attracts negative attention.
so i applied my b1/b2 visa for whole family.that was the day my dad wore pant shirt for the first time.he looked so classy.we were all prazing him.and surpassingly he was very good at english.anyway we went in it was the first time i met with any american.despite my doubts they were very friendly.we gave them our documents and they said to pick the passports from embecy the next day.when i came back the next day they punched visas on our passports for all of us.
then came the day we all were waiting it was 20th november 2016 for my departure from muscat to san francisco.
after a long hectic flight of 16 hours i finally reached SFO.my cousin was there to pick us up.we dropped our family to home and he took me to i hope for breakfast.i took out my cigarettes and started smoking while i was enjoying the cool breeze of california.he joined me later too.
this day went on and i slept after breakfast to wake up next day.
i was very confused about roads here despite being on the same side driving to my country the roads were very different.people use to stop at any sign.no overspeeding it all felt like a machine to me.
we went on to have lunch in my mamu,s home who lived near a dam(san pablo dam) it was breathtakingly beautiful.but i laughed at the name cos i saw tgatyTV series narcos and i thought its pablo escobar lol.
we had a very great lunch.my aunty prepared alote of foods for us.
my aunt is from afghanistan.i was very confused about her but later on i came to realize that afghans are also good people.she became my best friend.and she also said beta yaha weed bi legal ha lol.
moving on.
i spent days and nights hanging out like awara kids.from cinemas to parks to clubs to musiums to ferries.hense i didn't left any corner of san francisco.
then one fine morning on saturday my cousins gathered and said lets go we have a surprise for ya.and i went with them knowing nothing.after driving for an hour they told me we r going vegas.
i was like what the F.hahahha
it made me excited we drove for 5 hours we started from lush green areas of the bay area to death valley.untill we reached nevada.and then to vegas itself.i tell u guys vegas have its own charm.
as we were all almost same age so we had no sharam.we rocked the whole night booz strippers what ever they throw at us we were out of this world for a days.finaly on sunday noon we head back.i was a bit sad to leave this place.but u know sins must be controlled so we did.
after reaching home my mom was waiting for me and said she missed me and told me why not took all of us with u.and i was like(kia batao kiu ni le kar gya) mom i forgot.hahahha
days go on i was getting familiar with the place enjoying every bit of it.i wished i could stay here for ever.and my mamu offered me that he might arrange something to apply a green card for me.
but i had to leave them cos my other uncle which were from my father side lived in new york, he use to call me to come everyday.anyway i left california leaving my mom and little kids behind and took a flight to new york.it was a 7 hour flight.
here i landed at JFK i was already sad for leaving california and it was very crowded place more then i expected.my both hand were handling my luggage and i was talking on fone to my mom telling her i reached nyc.suddenly i dropped my fone which was a gift from my mamu.it broke its screen.it made me sad but sadness washed away when i met my uncle he was a very funny.
i stayed 3 days in new york and then i had to come back to oman.
first day starts with him going to his office and he took me with him.his office was on 33rd street.it was a huge building we went in it looked like a city rather then a building.he prepared a security pass for me before we went there.we entered there office i wasn't what i was expecting.it was like a theme park.some one sitting on the floor some in cafe some in gym.all connected to each other via server and working.i was very impressed.
my uncle finished his work and some online meetings and we went to time square.
this was the place which i will never forget.it looked like i m in another planet.digital age was dancing infront of my and i was looking here and there.i saw each and every race of this earth there.
i was overwhelmed by arrangements of this sort.
after spending 2 hours in time square we went to rokefeller center it was christmas days so they were planting the biggest christmas tree there.people were skating and i reluctantly joined them and turns out that i was better then many there.lol
next day we went to say hello liberty auntie.she said hello to all of PDF guys.and the day ended.
last day of my trip was here i was very sad being overwhelmed by love and hospitality of america i was about to leave.
i left for JFK from home in long island.it was snowy.uncle said u might get delayed and i was happy praying for a delay but turns out ot was safe until next day to fly.
anyway i left america with memories and experiences which i thought to share with all of u guys.in the end i loved america.

plz comment and apologies for if its too long.

Some things you can comment on since this is the common picture in many people's minds here on PDF.

1) Christian crosses on every building...people constantly trying to convert you because you don't have a 4" one on your neck like everybody else does.
2) people carrying personal machine guns are all over the place
3) decaying infrastructure
4) not safe to walk the streets as muggers/killers/rapists abound
5) people angry, violent, are poor, missing teeth, all drugged out, drunk
6) people look in serious despair especially after Trump win. People look angry. Riots abound.
7) people stare and berate you because you are not white
8) we act like British people and look down at you.
9) sex decadence everywhere (not just some places in Vegas)
10) police all over the place to maintain order

Last edited:
nice report and excellent pics... :)
how hard is it to get visa? there are cheap flights from london to boston and I thought of traveling ... but then I chicken out coz of visa hassle and being buggered by TSA in airport for being brown...

nice report and excellent pics... :)
how hard is it to get visa? there are cheap flights from london to boston and I thought of traveling ... but then I chicken out coz of visa hassle and being buggered by TSA in airport for being brown...
the moment u some out of airport u will feel like a free man.no one question ur identity in america thats what i saw

Small towns in USA are good and have very little or no bigotry. I had been a regular visitor of Jacksonville and people are very friendly.
It's the large cities which pose a problem for Muslims and Pakistanis. Go to Oregon and survive a night , i dare you if you are not white.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom