What's new

What Should Be Done With The Current Turkish Tank Force?

Seems like a perfect task for a robot arm with sensors to act as a pseudo autoloader
You are a genious. Probably the US department and the military industry couldn't have thought of that if it is soo simple. The truth is, technology is not far enough to replace the human. As I read in a book about the future of warfare. It will take another 60-70 years for that to happen. Creating a drone out of a normal tank is even more difficult. It is simply not possible.

You are a genious. Probably the US department and the military industry couldn't have thought of that if it is soo simple. The truth is, technology is not far enough to replace the human. As I read in a book about the future of warfare. It will take another 60-70 years for that to happen. Creating a drone out of a normal tank is even more difficult. It is simply not possible.

You are talking like the US department cares about human lives

This drone tank does not even need to be able to shoot...just drive it up and down the whole place and wait for the enemy to shoot at it thus revealing their positions...and also fill it up with some explosive and ram the enemy. Or we Pakistanis could use it for our border penetrations into India...imagine the panic it will cause amongst the Indians.

You know what, why not traing a couple monkeys and give them the tanks? Genius :)
010720101 (2).jpg

We have sniper baboons in SA...the next step is tank operators.

Not a robot/machine that will drive your car for you but rather allow you to drive the car without actually being in it....some students from a technical school in my home town built such an apparatus for an old Nissan van.
Yea, driving a nissan van is the same as driving a old tank without thousands of levers and buttons. :blink:
You are talking like the US department cares about human lives
I think they do. If they can create an andriod that would replace humans. They could go to war without public backlash if their soldiers get killed in unnecessary wars.

The old tanks are too old and not of the same quality as Altay for example. To make it fully unmanned, lots of expensive new systems and features such as autoloader should be implemented. Then still the old design/hull is not up to modern standards. Not worth to invest this much imo. But (simple) experiments could be done with it. I like the mentioned idea of converting them in other vehicles according to needs.

He would start a genocide. :)
Nah man. I remember someone was talking about mounting .50 cal on U.A.V's he didn't say anything except that eventually uav's will have air to air capabilities, or that one day that will happen.(Something along those lines)

melt them down and sell the metal.. :D

but one or two should be go to a military museum
last edit:
if you wanna have a tank drone then made it from altay design its easier and would perform better if you really can do it..

What do you guys think M-48's will be replaced with? Will they even be replaced or just junked? We are not in the cold war anymore so I don't think Turkey needs as many tanks as before.

I think half of the M-60's and all of the M-48s could be junked. Upgrade the Leopard 2's with NG, upgrade 100 more m60's to something like the sabra, keep upgraded leo1's maybe even upgrade more of them, acquire Arma with 105mm and acquire medium tanks, obviously Altay will be acquired.

Back
Top Bottom