What's new

What Should Be Done With The Current Turkish Tank Force?

-I think It was 5 or 7 years ago maybe more... Turkish army had agreed to take obsolete M-48 out of service step by step. Some of them was planned to recycle with melting usefull metalic sections, While others would be used for armoured targets in exercises so Noone can predict How many M-48 tanks Turkish Army have in inventory at present.

-170 M-60 tanks are upgraded thanks to Israeli upgrade solutions and They are called as M-60T Sabre today.
-171 Leo-1 tanks are upgraded with Aselsan Volkan fire control system and sensors.
-354 Leopard 2A4 tanks are in inventory. Some of them (Around 40-50) are seperated for spare parts. Aselsan and Army upgraded just 1 Leopard 2A4 for NG standarts and offered to Turkish army to upgrade rest. Turkish Land Forces don't want Leopard2NG at present, waiting for Altay tanks.

I believe LEO 2 A4 upgrade number will be secret until we will see them in action

Turkish firm proposed its Leopard 2NG solution to Finland | Defence blog

The upgrade package is competitive.

For threats from Syria and Iraq 20 A-10 would be perfect.
I think the hurkus C is good enough. Cheaper too.

nfvmm.jpg

If you have anything to spare then give them to the Afghans. They will make good use of them against terrorists in their country.

-I think It was 5 or 7 years ago maybe more... Turkish army had agreed to take obsolete M-48 out of service step by step. Some of them was planned to recycle with melting usefull metalic sections, While others would be used for armoured targets in exercises so Noone can predict How many M-48 tanks Turkish Army have in inventory at present.

-170 M-60 tanks are upgraded thanks to Israeli upgrade solutions and They are called as M-60T Sabre today.
-171 Leo-1 tanks are upgraded with Aselsan Volkan fire control system and sensors.
-354 Leopard 2A4 tanks are in inventory. Some of them (Around 40-50) are seperated for spare parts. Aselsan and Army upgraded just 1 Leopard 2A4 for NG standarts and offered to Turkish army to upgrade rest. Turkish Land Forces don't want Leopard2NG at present, waiting for Altay tanks.

I believe that are official numbers. Sad to believe . Numbers are too low for such a great country

According to some, Turkish Land Forces want to discard serious number of ancient times vehicle M-113 + ACV-15 series armoured personnel carriers. Some ACV-15's are planned for an upgrade solution with new Roketsan add-on armours. Rest will be a benefical for aliminium store. Same sources tell that It will be 3000 new generation IFVs to be replaced those M-113+ACV.

In this aspect:
-FNSS signed agreement with Indonesia to develop 30 tonnes IFV based on Kaplan-20. SSM is also partnered with this team to keep rights of final product in his hand so FNSS had a politic advantages against rival Otokar.
kaplan20-02.jpg

-Otokar brings state of art Tulpar IFV having serious rate of similar subsystems with Altay MBT.
CEZmkIvW0AA3dJB.jpg:large

Do you think we should prefer 40 mm Bofors or 30 mm Bushmaster versions ?

It depends on which purpose you are going to use them for. If you are planning to use IFV next to Altay at front lines of battlefield, Then bigger calibre is better but smaller calibre guns are more suited for assymetric war. Langer munition store against closer range multi targets...

Ok. Cannon interchangable with Korkuts cannon. Economic solution. More and cheaper. Will it be Oerlikon?

Maybe a mix depending on battlefield.

Swedish are realy good quality and we are working on different fields ex. TF-X. 40mm with state at the art ammo is devastating

SIZE counts :p:

Last edited:
@cabatli_53 You think the army would opt for some light tanks? In my opinion the army would probably opt for some (Wether its the Indonesian/FNSS, Arma with 105mm cannon or even perhaps WPB Anders like version of Tulpar) Considering the huge amount of Tanks that need to be replaced and Initial production rate of Altay. Any of these systems combined with AKKOR Lite would take on ANY tank that Syria, Iran, Armenia and Majority of Greeks owns.

If you have anything to spare then give them to the Afghans. They will make good use of them against terrorists in their country.

We are talking about 50-60 year old tanks here. I would litteraly take a single RPG, regardless of what angle, to take these out. I doubt even the Afghans are willing to take these ;)

We are talking about 50-60 year old tanks here. I would litteraly take a single RPG, regardless of what angle, to take these out. I doubt even the Afghans are willing to take these ;)

Ohh that old!
I'm no expert in military equipments, but I think ERA may help against regular RPGs. Recently Pakistan was also buying bunch of old t-55s, mostly probably to use against terrorists. Mostly it's small arms fire actually.
If they have no military value at all then might as well scrap them.

Ohh that old!
I'm no expert in military equipments, but I think ERA may help against regular RPGs. Recently Pakistan was also buying bunch of old t-55s, mostly probably to use against terrorists. Mostly it's small arms fire actually.
If they have no military value at all then might as well scrap them.

false report

Back
Top Bottom