What's new

What Should Be Done With The Current Turkish Tank Force?

No, it is not that easy, if it was that easy we would see that kind of systems in civilian cars.
Such systems are present in civilian cars...the problem is not the actual control of the vehicle. The problem is the navigation of the vehicle in traffic autonomously. With the tanks that is not such a problem since the vehicle need not be autonomous nor does it need advanced navigation. The purpose is to distract and deceive enemy tanks.

Such systems are present in civilian cars...the problem is not the actual control of the vehicle. The problem is the navigation of the vehicle in traffic autonomously. With the tanks that is not such a problem since the vehicle need not be autonomous nor does it need advanced navigation. The purpose is to distract and deceive enemy tanks.

Mate, i'm no expert in this issue. But there has to be a reason that no country uses dud tanks, in battles.

Yeap, lets turn tanks into drones and it will cost us much to keep them in the inventory..although turned it into a drone, you should still keep it running so you should still do it's maintenance.....

And I still fail to see it's purpose in the battlefield ???

Possibly as a test-bed for future unmanned tanks in a couple of decades; ain't gonna happen for Turkiye but the lessons learned may well making it happen that much easier when unmanned vehicles become a real possibility in years to come when you'd be playing with your grandkids* ! :)

*But @xenon54 and I'd still be dating models ! :smokin:

On Topic : Why not go the Israeli way ? Convert the older tanks into Armored Personnel Carriers, Infantry Fighting Vehicles, Mobile Ambulances for Battle or even as the platform to put SAM systems on ?

Ohhh my lord I've such a terrible headache right now; I shouldn't have eaten that overly spicy biryani ! :hitwall:

With all these drone talk you guys forget that the wars today are asymetric, in this case Airforce is much more important than ground forces, thats why we want a armed version of Anka, i dont see the purpose of a drone tank except a moving target for trainings or for research purposes.
Dont compare it to civil war in Syria, every well equiped army will send air, artillery and APC support to ground forces, sending a tank alone will be suicide anyway, be it unmanned or not.

With all these drone talk you guys forget that the wars today are asymetric, in this case Airforce is much more important than ground forces, thats why we want a armed version of Anka, i dont see the purpose of a drone tank except a moving target for trainings or for research purposes.
Dont compare it to civil war in Syria, every well equiped army will send air, artillery and APC support to ground forces, sending a tank alone will be suicide anyway, be it unmanned or not.

No....no its more like minimal human input being needed even in the areas where you need human input; imagine a single tank commander leading an armored column from his command unit whereby if the column gets destroyed you loose millions of dollars worth of hardware but not men !

Its a little like how the US outfitted a drone F-16 or something to explore the possibilities of unarmed aerial combat that may happen in decades to come; an F-16 operated by an operator from the ground doing all the things that a pilot does without the risk involved, the G-limits and the potential loss of life or capture.

No....no its more like minimal human input being needed even in the areas where you need human input; imagine a single tank commander leading an armored column from his command unit whereby if the column gets destroyed you loose millions of dollars worth of hardware but not men !

Its a little like how the US outfitted a drone F-16 or something to explore the possibilities of unarmed aerial combat that may happen in decades to come; an F-16 operated by an operator from the ground doing all the things that a pilot does without the risk involved, the G-limits and the potential loss of life or capture.
Ok lets say we have a driver robot, who is the gunner or the one reloading the gun? Building a drone tank from scratch would make much more sense and probably also cheaper than upgrade a ancient tank thats going to ripped apart by first ATGM anyway.

Ok lets say we have a driver robot, who is the gunner or the one reloading the gun? Building a drone tank from scratch would make much more sense and probably also cheaper than upgrade a ancient tank thats going to ripped apart by first ATGM anyway.

Probably an Autoloader !

Dude who's saying that you send it to battle; I was just talking about a tech demonstrator, a prototype or something just to work on to see what we learn !

Such systems are not avaible for cars. Where can I buy a robot/machine/tech that can drive my car for me? Plus developing a system for an already existing tank is even more difficult. Have you seen the inside of a tank?

So stupid. It is not even worth talking about :lol:

x157178378015154590_3.jpg

You can't build a machine, you need a human like andriod for doing the tasks a human is doing within the tank. The most advanced andriod has problems walking up a stairs.

Mate, i'm no expert in this issue. But there has to be a reason that no country uses dud tanks, in battles.

Because the last real warfare was 70 years ago ww2, and then the germans used the Goliath Sd.kfz 302 a remote controlled mine.

Probably an Autoloader !

Dude who's saying that you send it to battle; I was just talking about a tech demonstrator, a prototype or something just to work on to see what we learn !
Old tanks dont have Autoloader you would also need to upgrade this if its even possible in the first place anyway, as i said i dont see a profit in this, maybe as tech demonstrator as you said but the question here is whats going to happen to our old fleet, or do you need a couple hundred tech demonstrators? :)

Old tanks dont have Autoloader you would also need to upgrade this if its even possible in the first place anyway, as i said i dont see a profit in this, maybe as tech demonstrator as you said but the question here is whats going to happen to our old fleet, or do you need a couple hundred tech demonstrators? :)

Just a couple of tech demonstrators !

Converting the rest into other things or scrapping them !

You can't build a machine, you need a human like andriod for doing the tasks a human is doing within the tank. The most advanced andriod has problems walking up a stairs.

Seems like a perfect task for a robot arm with sensors to act as a pseudo autoloader

Such systems are not avaible for cars. Where can I buy a robot/machine/tech that can drive my car for me? Plus developing a system for an already existing tank is even more difficult. Have you seen the inside of a tank?

So stupid. It is not even worth talking about :lol:

Not a robot/machine that will drive your car for you but rather allow you to drive the car without actually being in it....some students from a technical school in my home town built such an apparatus for an old Nissan van.

Well nobody disagrees with this but the original question is what should be done to our old fleet. :)

I thought I talked about that up there somewhere and quoted the Israeli example ! :undecided:

I wasn't suggesting that you convert each and every tank into a drone ! :o:

Back
Top Bottom