What's new

What petrol costs in India, Pak, Sri Lanka

Damn it i will ask dad to give me 1 year petrol subscription than car in dowry. time to go for change of plans. :agree:

Soon the era of cycle is going to come back...
raleigh-lily-14in-girls-cycle.jpg

Why is your Dad paying a dowry, isn't it illegal in India ?

Why he has to pay to marry you away to your beautiful dreams ?

IMHO I enjoy your posts. You come across as a vibrant bubbly personality with a great head on your shoulder. Sad to hear your Dad has to pay a dowry.

Why is your Dad paying a dowry, isn't it illegal in India ?

Why he has to pay to marry you away to your beautiful dreams ?

IMHO I enjoy your posts. You come across as a vibrant bubbly personality with a great head on your shoulder. Sad to hear your Dad has to pay a dowry.

Have you seen her scary avatar (previous one). Hope then you understand why dowry is required. Afterall whoever taking dowry need to purchase gallons of blood (costlier than pertol /diesel in India) :lol::lol:

There is actually a lot more demand for Kerosene in India than in Pakistan or anywhere else in the World. In fact, only Sub-Saharan Africa comes close in its use of Kerosene. Kerosene is used for everything from lighting to heating to cooking by 48% of Indians who have no access to electricity.

I did a project on this recently, which is why the numbers are fresh in my mind. I wrote a case study on a company by the name of D.Light Design trying to provide solar-powered lighting to poor in India and Sub-Saharan Africa and reduce their dependence on "toxic and unclean" Kerosene. There's an international project by the name of "The Lumina Project", it lists many of the companies working to bring lighting and renewable electricity to rural India. Local "Grameen Shakti" is another company that is very active.

Here's another little stat explaining why Kerosene prices must be low in India: The average household income in Indian villages without electricity is approximately US$12-15 per month (as per D.Light), and the Kerosene bill per month per household is around $3. That is roughly 20-25% of the household income. So you can see why Kerosene has to be cheap in India.

Lastly, to explain why Petrol prices are low in Pakistan one must consider two things:
1) Pakistan has the highest number of vehicles running on Natural Gas in the world (less demand, therefore, low price)
2) Our relationship with OPEC countries including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE etc.

There is actually a lot more demand for Kerosene in India than in Pakistan or anywhere else in the World. In fact, only Sub-Saharan Africa comes close in its use of Kerosene. Kerosene is used for everything from lighting to heating to cooking by 48% of Indians who have no access to electricity.

I did a project on this recently, which is why the numbers are fresh in my mind. I wrote a case study on a company by the name of D.Light Design trying to provide solar-powered lighting to poor in India and Sub-Saharan Africa and reduce their dependence on "toxic and unclean" Kerosene. There's an international project by the name of "The Lumina Project", it lists many of the companies working to bring lighting and renewable electricity to rural India. Local "Grameen Shakti" is another company that is very active.

Here's another little stat explaining why Kerosene prices must be low in India: The average household income in Indian villages without electricity is approximately US$12-15 per month (as per D.Light), and the Kerosene bill per month per household is around $3. That is roughly 20-25% of the household income. So you can see why Kerosene has to be cheap in India.

Lastly, to explain why Petrol prices are low in Pakistan one must consider two things:
1) Pakistan has the highest number of vehicles running on Natural Gas in the world (less demand, therefore, low price)
2) Our relationship with OPEC countries including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE etc.

True, very true.

Kerosene is widely used by many Indians, mostly in villages and slums. They mostly use it for cooking and lighting. Its really unhealthy and emits a lot of black smoke.

The demand is so huge that govt has to ration the supply most of the time and the users have to buy it from grey/black market paying huge prices. Time for us to go Nuclear to generate more power so that electricity can reach the mass

India must get used to high energy prices: Montek Singh Ahluwalia​

India must get used to high energy prices, deputy chairman of the planning commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia said on Thursday.

State-owned oil marketing firms have raised prices of petrol this week even as global crude prices hover above the $90 per barrel mark.

A group of ministers is likely to meet next week to take a decision on raising diesel prices, a move which could have an inflationary impact on the economy.

India must get used to high energy prices: Montek Singh Ahluwalia - India - DNA

:disagree::disagree::disagree:

The raising of petrol prices is unbearable now.. if there is an election , the opposition will win hands down.. Congress has very bad planning and execution..

jab car chalani to petrol ke kharch se kyun darna... swiss bank me jama karne se accha hai petrol me kharch kardo;) :azn:

Damn it i will ask dad to give me 1 year petrol subscription than car in dowry. time to go for change of plans. :agree:

Soon the era of cycle is going to come back...
raleigh-lily-14in-girls-cycle.jpg

dowry.jpg

:disagree: na na its a crime

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom