What's new

Dar announces 35-rupee hike in petrol price

Well, the longer Pakistan chooses to delay what it needs to do, the more painful it will be. Already, it is overdue by at least a few decades. Obviously, the pain threshold has not been reached yet. Some more delay and it will be reached, inevitably. Only Pakistanis can decide that. It is their own choice.
I am predicting some major changes will occur in 2023, one way or the other. The IMF plus other funds can push the ship of state to may be March. Then 9 more months are left with no obvious liquidity available to import essentials. So, the import faucet will remain closed indefinitely. What we are seeing is the Lebanonization of Pakistan.

I am predicting some major changes will occur in 2023, one way or the other. The IMF plus other funds can push the ship of state to may be March. Then 9 more months are left with no obvious liquidity available to import essentials. So, the import faucet will remain closed indefinitely. What we are seeing is the Lebanonization of Pakistan.

Apologies for not having a crystal ball of my own, but I can take your predictions at face value for now. I merely observe, and do not predict any more. :D

(I used to do so, but what I saw thirty years ago was enough for me to leave. Permanently. So I stopped do my predictions.)

Mujhe Kyun Nikala Ver 2.0. :D

Food imports are a tiny fraction compared to Pakistan's energy imports. Besides, Pakistan can improve domestic production of food and medicine if it so chooses by adopting correct policies. Even then, I would imagine that my argument still holds true since providing food to local markets at subsidized prices below the costs of imported inputs to the system cannot be sustained indefinitely without and adequate economic backbone.

Where is the picture of Gen Zia riding a bicycle to work to exhort the nation to do the same. One of my favorites. How prescient. :D
Pak petro import bill is between 45 to 50 billion dollars per year. Arabs make double money from Pakistan. They gave low interest loans to buy oil to Pakistan then Pak pay them the oil price, the loan plus interest.... all on their term and condition....

Pak petro import bill is between 45 to 50 billion dollars per year. Arabs make double money from Pakistan. They gave low interest loans to buy oil to Pakistan then Pak pay them the oil price, the loan plus interest.... all on their term and condition....

So may be the Arabs are not dumb but Pakistanis are, contrary to popular perceptions in Pakistan.

Where is the picture of Gen Zia riding a bicycle to work to exhort the nation to do the same. One of my favorites. How prescient. :D
Couldn't suppress my curiosity. Dug up these nostalgic pictures.
3f4af397230f815cfb43a061979ad399.jpg

Historical Times​

President of Pakistan Zia-ul-Haq going to his office in Islamabad on a bicycle in 1980

6fa16eb5d5bff73f401162d3772e8897.jpg

Zia ul Haq​

Austerity Drives: Zia ul Haq announced he'll travel to his office in Islamabad on a bicycle. A large number of soldiers had to peddle alongside him in plain clothes to ensure the general's security, while the event was given wide publicity by the official media. 20 Nov,1979​

Austerity Drives: Zia ul Haq announced he'll travel to his office in Islamabad on a bicycle. A large number of soldiers had to peddle alongside him in plain clothes to ensure the general's security, while the event was given wide publicity by the official media. 20 Nov,1979

As I said, very prescient. Perhaps eating grass will be next.

So may be the Arabs are not dumb but Pakistanis are, contrary to popular perceptions in Pakistan.
GCC sheiks are not stupid... Elites fool the nation ...elite capture and its vicious circle. Imagine the Pak elite is the 3rd top buyer of real estate in UAE. Income from unknown sources

GCC sheiks are not stupid... Elites fool the nation ...elite capture and its vicious circle. Imagine the Pak elite is the 3rd top buyer of real estate in UAE. Income from unknown sources

So the Pakistani elites are not dumb either, but only the Pakistani people. That conclusion would seem to be supported by the evidence. :D

Unemployment in own country is better then losing pants in enemy land :lol:

Right. Let us wait for a few more price increases to see where your pants go. :D

(To stay on topic, of course.)

Last edited:
Right. Let us wait for a few more price increases to see where your pants go. :D
Salves of donald lu , Karan arjun would suffers most for the price hikes :lol:
Inki man bhen aik hoti rahy gi :lol:
And we exactly want the same

Back
Top Bottom