What's new

What petrol costs in India, Pak, Sri Lanka

Break the Silence

Reaction score
Hey Friends!!!! All of you Guys are well aware of Bandh, protest and all kinda stupid stuff by Opposition in India.
Now this is really Interesting in context of those Fake protests...

What petrol costs in India, Pak, Sri Lanka??

30fuel.jpg

What does petrol cost in the countries neighbouring India [ Images ]? Well, much lesser than in does here (check out the graphic).

However, cooking gas, kerosene and even diesel cost less in India than in Pakistan or Sri Lanka [ Images ].

The Indian government increased the price of petrol by Rs 3.73 a litre and that of diesel by Rs 2 a litre on on June 25.

Also, cooking gas prices were hiked by Rs 35 a cylinder and kerosene was made costlier by Rs 3 per litre.

In a major decision to bring petroleum products in line with market rates, the government freed petrol from all pricing controls.

The hike in fuel prices has led to countrywide protests by consumers and opposition political parties as this increase has a cascading effect on the prices of all essential commodities and food items.

With inflation at an appalling high, Indians are reeling under the burden of historically high prices. All goods and commodities seem to have gone out of reach of the common man, leading to a major assault by the Opposition political parties on the UPA government. This attack has caused major disruption in Parliament over the last few days.

Hey Friends!!!! All of you Guys are well aware of Bandh, protest and all kinda stupid stuff by Opposition in India.
Now this is really Interesting in context of those Fake protests...

What petrol costs in India, Pak, Sri Lanka??

30fuel.jpg

What does petrol cost in the countries neighbouring India [ Images ]? Well, much lesser than in does here (check out the graphic).

However, cooking gas, kerosene and even diesel cost less in India than in Pakistan or Sri Lanka [ Images ].

The Indian government increased the price of petrol by Rs 3.73 a litre and that of diesel by Rs 2 a litre on on June 25.

Also, cooking gas prices were hiked by Rs 35 a cylinder and kerosene was made costlier by Rs 3 per litre.

In a major decision to bring petroleum products in line with market rates, the government freed petrol from all pricing controls.

The hike in fuel prices has led to countrywide protests by consumers and opposition political parties as this increase has a cascading effect on the prices of all essential commodities and food items.

With inflation at an appalling high, Indians are reeling under the burden of historically high prices. All goods and commodities seem to have gone out of reach of the common man, leading to a major assault by the Opposition political parties on the UPA government. This attack has caused major disruption in Parliament over the last few days.

so there is more demand for kerosine and less for petrol in pakistan?

Except petrol, Pakistan has higher prices because we do not have high subsidies on petroleum products compared to other countries in South Asia.

Petrol is higher in Pakistan, both my cars (wife and mine) run on CNG and the only thing that runs on petrol in our house is my Bike which i use for weekends.

Did they consider the exchange rate difference in making that chart?

Breaking news: Hike of Rs2.95 per litre in petrol prices (india)

Bharat Petroleum Corp hikes petrol prices by Rs 2.95 a litre effective midnight tonight; Indian Oil Corp and Hindustan Petroleum to follow suit in a couple of days.

Breaking news: Petrol prices raised by Rs2.95 per litre - India - DNA

Damn it i will ask dad to give me 1 year petrol subscription than car in dowry. time to go for change of plans. :agree:

Soon the era of cycle is going to come back...
raleigh-lily-14in-girls-cycle.jpg

Allmost Rs. 15 rise in 2-3 years.

Break-up of cost calculated by the government:

* Basic Price = Rs 21.93
* Excise duty = Rs 14.35
* Education Tax = Rs 0.43
* Dealer commission = Rs 1.05
* VAT = Rs 5.5
* Crude Oil Custom duty = Rs 1.1
* Petrol Custom = Rs 1.54
* Transportation Charge = Rs 6.00
* Total price = Rs 52

May be!! Btw Its obvious that due to large size of Middle income generation..and vehicles..India have more demand for Petrol.

B/c we use Mostly CNG .. thats why petrol prices are low ... petrol mostly used in Bikes & Still Pakistanis pay more for Petrol than the people in USA

What does that translate to in $ per gallon? My math sucks... :-(

I am griping about $2.76 / gallon...

What does that translate to in $ per gallon? My math sucks... :-(

I am griping about $2.76 / gallon...

You are lucky. Gallon of gas in South Florida on average is about $3.10 right now.

Used to be around $2.54 until the "holiday season" set in.

Bah, humbug! I think it's a scam.

Back
Top Bottom