What's new

What kind of behaviour Pakistani Dramas are trying to promote?

and what about you getting personal and bringing family in it?

typical hypocrite you are learn to talk on sensitive topics your self first without getting personal.
How this is hypocrisy?

This is something which I don't want my children to watch and I am vocal about it. You are advocating it as a norm then why are you getting offended when I ask you if you can show this to your children?

Infact it is you who is showing hypocrisy. You are labelling it as a norm and promoting such culture but on the other hand blaming me offending you on asking if you want this for your children? Why it is hurting you if you consider it a norm?

If it is a norm then you must be Ok with your children adopting such a attitude otherwise speak the truth that this is a wrong thing and I dont want such things to be adopted by my children.

Hand jobs? - everyone knows what she actually gave - at least we have little bit of censorship left -

PEMRA should have jurisdiction to cut this type of content and punish the producers, etc.

Its a Pakistani webseries made for Indian Zee5 platform. Didn't notice this part when I watched it.

That is another issue, why are we exporting shows to India? We should cut off all ties to that terrorist Islamophobic state.

Lakh Di laanat ! Es aurat pe aur Es dramay banane wale pe.
Although I agree with your sentiment you must acknowledge that this happens. Should you shame a drama that is highlighting this or shame society that practices this. Surely if our daughters were educated from this it would help them avoid bastrads who would indulge in such behaviour. Did you see my post #4 above where I posted an actual advert that asks directly what is required from the applicant?

Objection...is

Us paley handjob ke kassam.

But seriously this happens. Here is a job advert from Lahore
View attachment 676326
Shameful. Can you share this comapny's name/profile. This ad along with its company name and owner identity should be spread like a wildfire until they go out of business.

A lot of this reflects the reality of life in Pakistan - Manto highlighted this before.
The only difference is that these are accessible to all ages and mental capacity so interpretation can go either way.

Hence the actual role of PEMRA in regulating content and ensuring that channels either have separate family friendly content and more adult themes in a different medium - or restrict the way this content is presented.

Unfortunately, our society is so afraid of admitting it is not the perfect heritage of Madina’s society(who were still the best of muslims yet had to deal with adultery, unruliness, corruption etc by fair punishment and repetitive good example).
The debate not on what is shown is happening or not, it is about in what way it is shown, positively or negatively.

You can clearly see in this clip that the woman is feeling proud over what she did to become successful and left her Gujranwala life (probably avoiding poverty and/or possible arranged marriage). This is the image some people want to portray of an educated, empowered, successful woman. How many Pakistani dramas show the extreme struggle of hard working women and men doing productive work in fields such as Engineering, Medical, Education etc. Pakistani dramas never go ahead of this love, sex, marriages, divorces, scandals etc.

Although I agree with your sentiment you must acknowledge that this happens. Should you shame a drama that is highlighting this or shame society that practices this. Surely if our daughters were educated from this it would help them avoid bastrads who would indulge in such behaviour. Did you see my post #4 above where I posted an actual advert that asks directly what is required from the applicant?
What our sons will learn if some dramas shows a rapist in a positive and heroic way. There are many scenes of movies/dramas in which clear cut acts of harassment are depicted as show of love/affection if the harasser was protagonist.

Shameful. Can you share this comapny's name/profile. This ad along with its company name and owner identity should be spread like a wildfire until they go out of business.
It was forwarded to me. But this is common practice. I have lived in Pakistan 7 years and donu know how many housewives attending gyms etc have affairs...this is not shocking at all. Sad but common

Back
Top Bottom