What's new

What is your idea about the possibility of secularism in Iran?

LOL, no, the reason is that the Iranians that you see in US are mostly educated or rich Iranians who don't give a damn about religion and have emigrated(escaped) from mullah regime since they hate it.

Education and wealth are not opposite of religion .

I'm not judging the ones that left their country and don't want to drag this issue here .

Education and wealth are not opposite of religion .

I'm not judging the ones that left their country and don't want to drag this issue here .

LOL, obviously it is. In every poll, you would find that rich and educated people are the ones who don't give a damn about religion.

i assure even where Islam is the officially preferred religion, people are talking about that Islam which lives and let lives, and not the Islam of the Mullahs, who go about forcing it on others.
Most people probably support the ''live and let live'' ideology but the problem with theocracies is that the mullahs can hijack it easly and forbid whatever they want and oppress whoever they want, there is no clear definition of Sharia and there are atleast 20 Sharia states with different realizations with more or less oppressive regimes.

I'm hoing for a secular Iran. Mullahs should stay in medreses, government need sensible men.

Hi ,

I support this change but respectfully ask you not to hope for that .

We don't want to be Syria number 2 where Turkey tries to bring sensible men in power .

LOL, obviously it is. In every poll, you would find that rich and educated people are the ones who don't give a damn about religion.

I have to disagree here .

There are examples of educated people who cared about religion and ideology .

i assure even where Islam is the officially preferred religion, people are talking about that Islam which lives and let lives, and not the Islam of the Mullahs, who go about forcing it on others.

Islam is not passive religion,Do not talk about Islam.

Whatever works best for the Iranian people. Why are certain lobbies pushing for ''Secularism'' in Iran? Generally speaking most of Iranians are quite liberal anyway. Unfortunately western Secularism means Iranian abandon their religion and culture and copy the western clowns.

I have to disagree here .

There are examples of educated people who cared about religion and ideology .
LOL, no wonder that you could not understand what I said. ;) Anyway, people with more IQ, education, and wealth care less about religion. That's based on polls, and surveys(statistics). Can you understand what it means?

Hi ,
I support this change but respectfully ask you not to hope for that .
We don't want to be Syria number 2 where Turkey tries to bring sensible men in power .

You know what i mean. There is no need for bearded guys, who gives a speech once in a while saying, "Turkey will burn in flames".... :disagree:

You need capable and smart men i, educated in respective branches. What good will came from placing Imams on top of governmental bodies ?

Whatever works best for the Iranian people. Why are certain lobbies pushing for ''Secularism'' in Iran? Generally speaking most of Iranians are quite liberal anyway. Unfortunately western Secularism means Iranian abandon their religion and culture and copy the western clowns.

learn the meaning of secularism first, you seem clueless.

A lot Pakistanis confuses Secularism with Atheizm.

@xenon54

Mate, see... :) They are everywhere. :)

@S00R3NA
natintquocmc.jpg

faith + evolution - What are the religious views of leading scientists who support evolution?
What are the religious views of leading scientists who support evolution?
By: John G. West
Discovery Institute
May 1, 2009

Although the idea of “theistic evolution” receives plenty of attention from the newsmedia, it clearly represents a fringe position among leading biologists. According to a 1998 survey of members of the National Academy of Sciences (NAS), nearly 95% of NAS biologists identify themselves as either atheists or agnostics, a percentage of unbelief far higher than in any other scientific discipline.

filesDB-download.php

SOURCE: Larry Witham, Where Darwin Meets the Bible (New York: Oxford University Press, 2002), pp. 271-273.

Similarly, according to a 2003 Cornell survey of leading scientists in the field of evolution, 87% deny existence of God, 88% disbelieve in life after death, and 90% reject idea that evolution directed toward “ultimate purpose.”

filesDB-download.php

SOURCE: Gregory W. Graffin and William B. Provine, “Evolution, Religion and Free Will,” American Scientist, vol. 95 (July-August 2007), pp. 294-297; results of Cornell Evolution Project Survey.

Outside the circle of top biologists, the rates for atheism and agnosticism are somewhat lower, but they still are dramatically higher than the rates found in the general population. According to a national survey of faculty at both four-year and two-year colleges and universities published in 2007, more than 60% of all college biologists consider themselves atheists or agnostics.

filesDB-download.php

SOURCE: Neil Gross and Solon Simmons, “How Religious are America’s College and University Professors?” (Feb. 6, 2007) Available athttp://religion.ssrc.org/reforum/Gross_Simmons.pdf.

The rates of atheism and agnosticism are not quite as high among scientists outside the field of biology, but again, they are dramatically higher than what is found among the general population. According to a survey published in 2007 of college professors at the nation’s major research universities, nearly 64% of scientists at those institutions classified themselves as atheists or agnostics.

filesDB-download.php

SOURCE: Elaine Howard Ecklund, Religion and Spirituality among University Scientists, Feb. 5, 2007, p. 2. Available athttp://religion.ssrc.org/reforum/Ecklund.pdf.

In sum, Darwinian biologist Richard Dawkins, avowed atheist and author of The God Delusion, is far more representative of the beliefs of evolutionary biologists than Christian geneticist Francis Collins, author of The Language of God.

LOL, no wonder that you could not understand what I said. ;) Anyway, people with more IQ, education, and wealth care less about religion. That's based on polls, and surveys(statistics). Can you understand what it means?

I got what you meant in the first place .

But again I disagree with you , none of the things you said can change people's view about the religion itself not religious people , Leave fanatics ( who are usually low educated people however it doesn't bring them lower than the so called educated people ) aside , and see the ones that are well educated who are attracted to religion .

I got what you meant in the first place .

But again I disagree with you , none of the things you said can change people's view about the religion itself not religious people , Leave fanatics ( who are usually low educated people however it doesn't bring them lower than the so called educated people ) aside , and see the ones that are well educated who are attracted to religion .
Nope you did not. I have posted data and mentioned you in it. it clearly shows that it can.

You know what i mean. There is no need for bearded guys, who gives a speech once in a while saying, "Turkey will burn in flames".... :disagree:

You need capable and smart men i, educated in respective branches. What good will came from placing Imams on top of governmental bodies ?

:)

If you read my first posts in this thread you'll get that I'm not against Secularism but I'm against anything comes from the outside .

It should be done inside the country by Iranians .

Back
Top Bottom