What's new

What does the Rise of China mean for the rest of the world?

Western moral ground? This is a racist, rapacious, raping, plundering, pillaging, genocidal, war and slave mongering, environment destroying, expansionist, colonial, imperial and deeply criminal civilization.

Luckily, international geopolitics does not go by morality, and generalizing emotional outbursts such as this have no meaning at all.

(PS: I think he missed a few insults. :D )

Luckily, international geopolitics does not go by morality, and generalizing emotional outbursts such as this have no meaning at all.

(PS: I think he missed a few insults. :D )

Yet, those statements have little to do with morality or emotionality. They are factual generalizations. They might not hold true for each and every nations under the umbrella concept of "Western world." However, in historical context, holistically, they hold true.

It is the West that argues about holding the moral high ground. Otherwise, it is almost pedestrian knowledge that international politics is an a moralistic realm. Hence, outside the light mockery and insinuation, you are not making any valuable statement here.

@Götterdämmerung it seems that viet business poses more threat to Germany than Chinese companies' acquisition of Germany's companies.....Hope German media could stop their China fear BS. Time to start the media hype on viet's threat to national interests :rofl:

http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/...ckt-quanten-satelliten-ins-all-a-1107921.html
http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/gadg...-ist-schnellster-supercomputer-a-1098599.html
http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/un...mst-vorstand-bei-midea-angebot-a-1094935.html

image-1001162-breitwandaufmacher-efbk-1001162.jpg

It actualy means multi polar world and affordable technology and other household items that literally means controlling inflation :coffee::pakistan::cheers::china:

@Götterdämmerung it seems that viet business poses more threat to Germany than Chinese companies' acquisition of Germany's companies.....Hope German media could stop their China fear BS. Time to start the media hype on viet's threat to national interests :rofl:

http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/...ckt-quanten-satelliten-ins-all-a-1107921.html
http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/gadg...-ist-schnellster-supercomputer-a-1098599.html
http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/un...mst-vorstand-bei-midea-angebot-a-1094935.html

View attachment 342852

I'm afraid, Viet got it right. Vietnamese are dominating two pillar industries that our economic survival depends on: nail studio and pho restaurants.

Our trade volume with China pales against the one we have with Vietnam. What are low price Huawei, Lenovo or ZTE going to do against Vietnamese luxury goods such as fish sauce, rice and rice paper that are indispensable in every German kitchen?

:)

Have not read the book yet, reading the comment section on Amazon is interesting enough.

“Most Chinese know their information is censored. Most Westerners obediently believe they have “freedom of the press” and that censorship is everybody else’s problem. Sadly, Westerners are deluded, gullible and easily manipulated. But this has been true of all citizens of Empire, since the dawn of civilization.”-------Jeff J. Brown

I could not agree more.

just purchased the book

Hard copy or kindle?

View attachment 342852
I said the number of businesses not incomes nor revenues.

by the way, the articles you posted:

- the first reports about the launch of quantum communications satellite in China. nobody knows if the system works or not. if not within 2 years (because that is the satellite life), all money is thrown though the window.

- the second tells China made Tianhe-2 supercomputer uses Intel microprocessor. your worst enemy.

- the last article tells the story of Kuka´s CEO Till Reuter, dreaming developing a roboter in 2 years that is able to pick up socks on the floor, giving a helping hand to lazy househusband.

I'm afraid, Viet got it right. Vietnamese are dominating two pillar industries that our economic survival depends on: nail studio and pho restaurants.

Our trade volume with China pales against the one we have with Vietnam. What are low price Huawei, Lenovo or ZTE going to do against Vietnamese luxury goods such as fish sauce, rice and rice paper that are indispensable in every German kitchen?

:)
Germany and China are doomed!
We should stop buying German cars and start eating more pho!
I feel so sad....

I said the number of businesses not incomes nor revenues.

by the way, the articles you posted:

- the first reports about the launch of quantum communications satellite in China. nobody knows if the system works or not. if not within 2 years (because that is the satellite life), all money is thrown though the window.

- the second tells China made Tianhe-2 supercomputer uses Intel microprocessor. your worst enemy.

- the last article tells the story of Kuka´s CEO Till Reuter, dreaming developing a roboter in 2 years that is able to pick up socks on the floor, giving a helping hand to lazy househusband.
you don't have to translate, i can read them.
Showing off your German does not make one look better.

This point is what many Chinese members here reiterate again and again but most people fail to understand.
Thus, the unconquerable gap is always oversimplified into "we are 1-2 decades behind just because we start economic reforms 1-2 decades later".

This point again, is largely underestimated and neglected in western narratives of China's economy.
For many people living in smaller villages, towns and counties, these village/town/county-owned companies guarantee regional prosperity, provide welfare, and stabilise social harmony.

One example:

A project of "Precision Poverty Alleviation": Chishuihe Valley Tourist Highway

At Liming Village, locals founded a village-owned company about whitewater rafting, financially supported by the state. Local villagers have 55% shares. 25 extremely poor villagers become the company's staff and shareholders. It is estimated they can earn 800k yuan this year and 3 million yuan next year.

Yes, 2020, the deadline of China's first goal of 21st century roadmap.
After 2020, it will be the goal of a moderately developed country in 2050.

SOEs and governmental organisations are intertwined. Promotion of an officer can be within SOEs, within the government, also from SOE to government or from government to SOE. A high-rank officer usually has experiences in both SOE and government at different levels.

It is true.
Though I frequently use the term "slums" to refer to the less developed urban regions in China called "城中村“ (village inside the city) or “棚户区” (shantytown). These Chinese-style slums are nothing like those in other developing countries. In fact, those slum dwellers have pretty decent life with provision of 24/7 electricity and pipeline gas. They will be called "middle class" in many countries.

The rebirth of Guiyang's urban slum
The rebirth of Guiyang's urban slum II

"slums" before redevelopment
View attachment 342114

After

View attachment 342115

Meritocracy-based promotion process
In such system, you won't see sb's wife or a former bankrupt rich guy running for presidency.
They are technology/science-graduate CPC
members starting from the lowest level of SOE or village/county government and spending their entire career moving up by surviving the tough annual assessment.

@Shotgunner51 I've already purchased the E-book....Will find some time to read....

@Gibbs @Kaptaan @Shotgunner51 @TopCat @UKBengali @el che @PaklovesTurkiye @Tipu7 @simple Brain @Götterdämmerung @Mista @eldarlmari @coffee_cup @waz @Arsalan @Dungeness @Two @bolo @Echo_419 @Darmashkian @Pluralist @Khan_21 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @hellfire @Two @AViet @anant_s @PARIKRAMA @Shotgunner51 @Ankit Kumar 002 @maximuswarrior @Huan @Taygibay @LA se Karachi @911 @Cherokee @xyxmt @BDforever @Three_Kingdoms @T-123456 @somebozo @Maira La @vostok @senheiser @Nilgiri @terranMarine @Jlaw @Dandpatta @Philia @Hasan89 @endyashainin @Mista @eldarlmari @haviZsultan @Malik Abdullah @MadDog @LadyFinger @T-Rex

yes i've read from somewhere before that every member in the Politburo has a discipline background in either Engineering or the Sciences. That's how China is able to advance so much technologically within the past couple of decades, cos she had the right people to provide the right guidance in steering the country towards the right direction.

Deng xiaoping is the father of industrialization- mao zedong is more of a political leader
I can't really agree with you.
My city, and many more major industrial cities became industrial before 1978.
And many new cities were founded in 1950s-1970s to cater for new industries.

Check this one, the city of Panzhihua, one of the new cities deep in the mountainous Western China

I‘d rather say Deng upgraded China's industrialisation to a higher level.
I think his most prominent reform was not on economy, but he restored China's traditional meritocracy-based governance. His reforms of leadership and regional governments have far more impacts on China.

Back
Top Bottom