What's new

What does the Rise of China mean for the rest of the world?

@eldarlmari Check this

Pre-1978 industrialisation

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5a53af350100araj.html

5a53af35tcce41623334e&690.jpeg
5a53af35tx6C2iNnlr278&690.jpeg
5a53af35tcce453d3e415&690.jpeg
5a53af35tccf87e98cd60&690.jpeg
5a53af35tcce444c791cc&690.jpeg
5a53af35tcd1e53136074&690.jpeg

Last edited:
This point is what many Chinese members here reiterate again and again but most people fail to understand.
Thus, the unconquerable gap is always oversimplified into "we are 1-2 decades behind just because we start economic reforms 1-2 decades later".

Totally agree. The sad truth is, no many people in this ambitious country can actually comprehend this simple fact that many of us just know. They simply DO NOT know themselves.

Germany and China are doomed!
We should stop buying German cars and start eating more pho!
I feel so sad....

you don't have to translate, i can read them.
Showing off your German does not make one look better.
ups you can speak german? that is good. I don´t show off anything just translating articles for non-german speakers :tup:

Deng xiaoping is the father of industrialization- mao zedong is more of a political leader
China's industrialization effort started in Chairman Mao's era. China's first truck, first car, first modern steel plant, first modern power plant, first tractor, first electrified locomotive, first TV set, first radio, first plane, first big ship, first submarine, first nuclear submarine, first reactor, first long range missile, first satellite, first tank, many many firsts in terms of industrial goods, all developed and produced in Mao's era.

For example, the Yuanwang-1 space tracking ship, a MUST-HAVE to China's satellite launch, or ICBM test, is developed in Mao's time. Even today, only very few country can produce such a high tech ship fully indigenously.

YW1.png

Last edited:
Germany and China are doomed!
We should stop buying German cars and start eating more pho!
I feel so sad....

We have less French, Japanese and Chinese restaurants in my city than Vietnamese run restaurants (in fact, the Japanese, Indian and Chinese restaurants in my neighbourhood are all run by Vietnamese). See, Japan, France and China play a minor role in terms of number of businesses in Germany. As far as I know, we don't have one Dutch or Danish restaurant in my whole city. These economies are doomed.

We have less French, Japanese and Chinese restaurants in my city than Vietnamese run restaurants (in fact, the Japanese, Indian and Chinese restaurants in my neighbourhood are all run by Vietnamese). See, Japan, France and China play a minor role in terms of number of businesses in Germany. As far as I know, we don't have one Dutch or Danish restaurant in my whole city. These economies are doomed.
Vietsdeutsches Reich!
Das Vietsdeutsche Reich!

Totally agree. The sad truth is, no many people in this ambitious country can actually comprehend this simple fact that many of us just know. They simply DO NOT know themselves.
Everyday I am amused by those comments.
They repeat it everywhere.....

Last edited:
- the second tells China made Tianhe-2 supercomputer uses Intel microprocessor. your worst enemy.
Good translation.

The German article clearly mentions the current No.1 super computer, China's Sunway Taihu Light, is using China-developed processor. But you don't want to showcase it in your translation!

12345677.jpg

Good translation.

The German article clearly mentions the current No.1 super computer, China's Sunway Taihu Light, is using China-developed processor. But you don't want to showcase it in your translation!

View attachment 342872

His showing off German does not really help....
German is an easy language to understand even one has zero knowledge of it if one can read English or Dutch.

His showing off German does not really help....
German is an easy language to understand even one has zero knowledge of it if one can read English or Dutch.
it's not just about German language showoff. The key is the Viet has clearly shown the potential to play the western propaganda: tell you part of the truth.

If none of us understands German, we are brainwashed!

it's not just about German language showoff. The key is the Viet has clearly shown the potential to play the western propaganda: tell you part of the truth.

If none of us understands German, we are brainwashed!
Not a smart move by them....

Our trade volume with China pales against the one we have with Vietnam. What are low price Huawei, Lenovo or ZTE going to do against Vietnamese luxury goods such as fish sauce, rice and rice paper that are indispensable in every German kitchen?
Sorry man, I find myself financially prepared for a new Huawei phone and DJI Mavic drone, but not for fancy pho with unaffordable sauce...

@GS Zhou @Götterdämmerung @AndrewJin
Let's all stop mentioning Viets in Germany in this thread....

throw my DJI P3? No way. I'll sell it to others to trade for 50g luxury VN Pho!!

I have the same plan. To get a new Mavic before the Spring Festival.
I hope they have sufficient manufacturing capacity....
It seems that many many people are gonna buy one, not just old drone lovers but many new customers who were previously not interested in a high-end but Enormous drone.....

Compare DJI Mavic and DJI Phantom4!

@GS Zhou R u sure a used Phantom can be traded for a bowl of pho?

Have not read the book yet, reading the comment section on Amazon is interesting enough.

“Most Chinese know their information is censored. Most Westerners obediently believe they have “freedom of the press” and that censorship is everybody else’s problem. Sadly, Westerners are deluded, gullible and easily manipulated. But this has been true of all citizens of Empire, since the dawn of civilization.”-------Jeff J. Brown

I could not agree more.

Hard copy or kindle?
I only have access to E book yet...
I'd like to have a Chinese edition hard copy.....
But you know, such type of books are normally restricted....
You don't wish people to be self-content!

Back
Top Bottom