What's new

What can Hezbollah do that it couldn't do in 2006?

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I was wondering, if another war would erupt in the future theoretically. I know Hezbollah has updated it's arsenal. But I also wonder if they could be any more effective than in 2006? Can they target israeli military bases? How about the Israeli Air Force? I think they do have these missiles and would they use them right off the bat to damage the structure of the Israeli Air Force? Can you imagine if an f16 was destroyed or an Israeli apache. Hezbollah says its absolutely ready to respond if a war does escalate. But if someone is more knowledgable on this topic I would like to know. Lets have a big discussion on this.

So for each person please reply and answer these questions then answer these main points:

1. Will Hezbollah change its strategy?

2. What will this strategy be in your opinion?

3. What would their goals be?

4. How long can they sustain a new war?

5. What do they know needs to be different since Israel may also find a different approach/strategy?

I will start with me:

1. I believe they want to cause a lot more casualties this time. We know how big that can affect a war and how they will try to erode the motivation of the Israeli troops. I believe they will still have a similar defense that they always had. Tunnels, bunkers, a quicker rocket firing strategy, quick and invisible attacks on infantry. While also, surprises. I know they will bring new and new things slowly to make it appear they are victorious but to also surprise the Israelis. They want them to always be aware they won't know what will hit them. And what havoc situations Hezbollah will try to create. Pay attention to mass casualties among Israeli troops.

2. Look to number 1 while also understand some changes will occur and some won't.

3. Goal would be to be a major player, show that they can match war efforts with a different approach. I believe they will survive no matter what. So this can be seen as a goal but in reality it's hard for them to disappear solely from Israeli action. I believe this time they would also try to dictate cease fire discussions. Meaning they will try their utmost to take certain things into their hands. This depends on how effective they can be. I also think they will show a different scenario. Maybe serious firepower. Something Israel hasn't seen for a while. If this serious firepower can cause serious casualties this can create a different situation in Israel.

4. This depends on the Israeli strategy, I know for a fact they will prepare for longer than a month. While also they probably are preparing for a situation where they will heavily re arm and re position during the war. Not after. This also relies on their air defense capability. We don't know.

5. Israeli strategy will be similar to that of before. Of course nothing other than mass murder and immense and disproportionate force. They will tell Lebanese neighborhoods to evacuate or everyone will die. Literally that's what their commanders are warning of if a new war escalates. Even if Israeli provokes it. We know they weren't as effective as they planned to be with their ground forces so I see them doing a massive bombing campaign weeks before an ground campaign. This will destroy infrastructure. No doubt kill civilians. The world will support it. But where I see a game changer here is how Hezbollah will respond to this, if Israel doesn't go with ground invasion will Hezbollah actually send forces into Israeli territory and make an attempt for the Golan? I know they may not be able to hold it forever but it would be a great diversion and it could scatter Israel's goals and bring them to revising their plan.

That's all I can say right now. Please read and answer. :)

Very interesting topic 7abibi. I will await the answers and give my own when I will have time for it. Sadly I have to study now.

Please let us get a serious thread for once. Where Arabs, Iranians and others can participate. Even non-Muslims as long as they have something interesting to offer.

Very interesting topic 7abibi. I will await the answers and give my own when I will have time for it. Sadly I have to study now.

Please let us get a serious thread for once. Where Arabs, Iranians and others can participate. Even non-Muslims as long as they have something interesting to offer.

Yes. Please Iranians offer some input on this since you know the advanced weapons being given to them. No flaming about Syria either. Strictly a hypothetical war situation between Hezbollah and Israel.

And I intended for it to be interesting....:D

Thanks....lets have a serious discussion people.

Hezbollah & Lebanese army 1 army 1 gov.

Do you believe the Lebanese army would actively be involved this time? I think they should anyways because no doubt israel will target them heavily this time.

Do you believe the Lebanese army would actively be involved this time? I think they should anyways because no doubt israel will target them heavily this time.

They need modern anti aircraft weapons for defence, Israel will ruin all of Beirut for the excuse of terrorism.
I mean this would be better for the lebanese people, better then turning it into a resistance country full of bloodshed, it is not powerfull enough on its own.

They need modern anti aircraft weapons for defence, Israel will ruin all of Beirut for the excuse of terrorism.
I mean this would be better for the lebanese people, better then turning it into a resistance country full of bloodshed, it is not powerfull enough on its own.

I agree to want you said about Beirut. And I'm not understanding you, powerful enough on its own to do what? We are speaking a similar scenario of the 2006 war.

And Do you Guys expect that Israel would be the Same as 2006 or Would do the same Strategy?

The ability no one doubts Hezbollah has today that it didn't have in 2006 is the ability to kill Syrians. They've recently changed their strategy, calling the survival of the Asad regime "existential". So we can all hope that when Asad falls, Hezbo will crash down with it, the oppressed Shi'a of Lebanon and their Christian allies will be able to throw off their chains, and together with the Sunni, Druze, and other elements of the country be able to build the nation they want, rather than the one demanded by their mad mullah masters from Mashhad.

I agree to want you said about Beirut. And I'm not understanding you, powerful enough on its own to do what? We are speaking a similar scenario of the 2006 war.

I forgot the purpose of this thread

I meant that I prefer to see Lebanon unified shia,sunni,christian living together without extremists like nasrallah.

Lebanon getting in war with Israel again will get the country destroyed again, not many reasons to want that

And Do you Guys expect that Israel would be the Same as 2006 or Would do the same Strategy?

Did you bother to read the thread?

I forgot the purpose of this thread

I meant that I prefer to see Lebanon unified shia,sunni,christian living together without extremists like nasrallah.

Lebanon getting in war with Israel again will get the country destroyed again, not many reasons to want that

Okay. Well lets stick to the purpose of the thread and I didn't indicate Lebanon would start it. Maybe israel will and someone will need to stand up. But lets just examine how a war would play out if it happened. Of course no one wants a war.

for god sake would you all please stop ruining at least one topic by religious related subjects? this topic is completely about military not religion.
and about the topic i should say hezbollah is much more advanced than 2006. at that time they even didn't dream of having pin point accuracy missiles but now they have missiles with very good accuracy. in 2006 they were dreaming about having tactical drones and being able to participate in electronic subjects but now thanks to iran they have good tactical drones that have the percentage about 40 percent not to be seen by radars this means they have good chance to monitor Israel s navy and land progress without even being detected. in 2006 they showed they have very good ability in Asymmetric war and now with their progress in many fields they now have even better potentials.but something that is very amazing about them is that now days with much more advanced missiles(and the tactics iran taught them about the missiles not being detected by israels radar) Israel s people should be much more desperate than 2006 if a war occurs.

for god sake would you all please stop ruining at least one topic by religious related subjects? this topic is completely about military not religion.
and about the topic i should say hezbollah is much more advanced than 2006. at that time they even didn't dream of having pin point accuracy missiles but now they have missiles with very good accuracy. in 2006 they were dreaming about having tactical drones and being able to participate in electronic subjects but now thanks to iran they have good tactical drones that have the percentage about 40 percent not to be seen by radars this means they have good chance to monitor Israel s navy and land progress without even being detected. in 2006 they showed they have very good ability in Asymmetric war and now with their progress in many fields they now have even better potentials.but something that is very amazing about them is that now days with much more advanced missiles(and the tactics iran taught them about the missiles not being detected by israels radar) Israel s people should be much more desperate than 2006 if a war occurs.

I was just about to say that. I guess people have horrible reading comprehension. Thanks for the answer. I agree, I wonder what role their accurate missles will have this time. It's a good discussion.

The images which were aired worldwide after the Zionist Assault on the sleeping neighborhood of Al Dahiya, Beirut was stronger in the minds of the world's people than any weapon/strategy employed by The Resistance. The Zionists face no moral dilemma when engaging civilian neighborhoods in Beirut, from which NO MISSILES COULD HAVE BEEN FIRED BECAUSE OF THE RANGE, whereas Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah asked "So you want an open war? So now we will move into open war." Shortly afterwards missiles began to strike Targets of all Types. It is of the utmost importance that it be known that in 2006 it was Israel who drew the first civilian blood.

Air Defense Weapons such as SA-17(alleged), SA-2, 7, 8, 14, 16, & 18 (supposed) are needed to safeguard the innocent Lebanese that the IAF likes to target in hopes they turn on their leaders (Hezbollah). Since we know that these tactics will be utilized in any future war, Hezbollah would be smart to move these weapons into position to show they are defending the Lebanese, their support base, from which strength and support comes.

Nothing would be more uplifting to the supporters of The Resistance than to see, EVEN A SINGLE, Zionist Terror Jet which violate Lebanese Territorial Sovereignty Daily, come down twisting, turning, and burning the whole way. Israel knows this and that is why they threaten to launch a war if Anti Air Weapons, like the Syrian SA/17, is even suspected of being transferred to The Resistance. The source is Beni Gantz himself, quoted by J- Post saying Hezbollah's acquisition of anti air weapons is a "Game Changer".

Hezbollah's Strategy is more or less the same but I would like to add it is "Multiplied by Ten".

More Accurate and Powerful Weapons have been acquired namely The M-600. Which the Israelis fear more than the SCUDs which, supposedly, have been sent to Hezbollah. The m-600 only carries half the payload of a SCUD but is much smaller, easier to transfer, and has a GPS Guidance System(making it much more dangerous due to the guidance system). The fact that SCUDS are much larger than the m-600 makes it much easier to believe that Hezbollah has many more 600's than SCUDS.

Hezbollah will launch M-600's, Khaibar's, Fajr 5, ZalZal and other accurate/high powered munitions at the fastest rate possible. I would like to note that in the last 2006 war Israel claimed by bombing Al Dahiya and other Civilian Neighborhoods where "missiles were stored" they claimed to have 'destroyed Hezbollah's Missiles Arsenal' this claim was refuted by Hezbollah when they fired 376 Missiles on the last day of the war. This was the largest amount of missiles fired in a single day from Lebanon into Israel.

Israeli Troops will be struck at the entrance to Lebanon by well placed low grade Katyusha missiles which will seem more like guided missiles being that they are targeting pre planned locations. Despite rumors of the 'Trophy Defensive System' being a "Historical" achievement I believe these could vary easily be countered by the same KORNET anti tank missiles but fired in volleys. This theoretical opinion of mine coupled with the realistic one that Hezbollah may already be in possession of The Anti Trophy System RPG-30 could easily rebalance the playing field.

During the 2006 War 2 million Israeli took shelter in the South, out of range of Hezbollah rockets/missiles. This time Hezbollah is believed to be able to target anywhere in Israel so the Civilian Morale in Israel will play a huge role in the outcome of the battle.

I would strongly urge our Israeli counterparts to leave The West Bank, Gaza, and Jerusalem. Make Peace with your neighbors. Or I fear History of Arrogance will repeat itself. Israel CAN NOT dominate its neighbors but should look to see eye to eye. DESPITE FANATICALLY inspired religious beliefs the Jewish Blood is no different from my '****** latino blood'. I promise the Fascist Israelis that if they would take the time to get to know me they would see that we, as human beings, have more in common than not. Unfortunately, the people who were subjected to the worst of Fascism seem to be following in lockstep with their oppressors.

I hold no anti semitic feelings nor have I ever. I am a son, nephew, and grandson of US Soldiers, Marines, and Naval Personnel. My beloved Grandfather Pedro Martinez of Patins 2nd Army Expeditionary Force, Battle of the Bulge Veteran, and liberator of Oppressed Jews in Germany once told me, "The best thing we did in the entire War was free the Jews from those hellish conditions" and then he looked at me with a specific look in his eyes and said "It is a shame to see those people inflicting the same on the Palestinians."

Words that will stick with me forever.

"The One with the Greatest Power has the Greatest Responsibility"

From your office in Washington DC your view on the Middle East couldn't be anymore obscured.

"Existential?" The dreamers are here in force.

I know this is a military forum but a serious lesson in Shia/Sunni Islam is needed.

Defeating Hezbollah would require the eradication of the Shia Religion.

Detached.......

Back
Top Bottom