What's new

What are the 'Must Read' books about Pakistan?

hahaha well... what can i tell you... my city becomes ghost town after 10pm ... (except for pub and club areas on weekends)

Lahore is fun because of you!:o: and yet you dont want me to come to study there! :cry:

Lahore comes to life at 10 p.m & remains alive till early morning ! :smokin:

I'd love it if you'd come to Lahore but I dunno if you'd find a good university here ! :(

Mexico would definitely have better Universities ! :agree:

I'd love it if you'd come to Lahore but I dunno if you'd find a good university here ! :(

LUMS is pretty good.

Yes, some members have been telling me! but it doesn't have Postgraduates in humanities or social science :( :(

It does offer grad programs at its Mushtaq Ahmad Gurmani School of Humanities and Social Sciences. May be you need to contact that school directly and see what is possible. You just might be pleasantly surprised.

I can see that... Im not sure what time it is now there but dont u guys work in the morning??

and yeah...we may have better universities...but I was raised as "good education comes from you" means like If i truly want to learn I have to do my best and get my own resources and I think that also living abroad is part of the merit and learning

at the end i could come back here and get a phD and no one will notice that my Masters was in a not-so-prestigious university but what i have learnt

It does offer grad programs at its Mushtaq Ahmad Gurmani School of Humanities and Social Sciences. May be you need to contact that school directly and see what is possible. You just might be pleasantly surprised.

ooh in the website their postgraduate is in economics (not my area! I am really terrible at economics) but will surely ask directly :) thanks a lot :D
makes me feel good and happy to know you guys are taking your time to suggest universities and tell your opinion about them

Last edited:
hahaha well... what can i tell you... my city becomes ghost town after 10pm ... (except for pub and club areas on weekends)

Lahore is fun because of you!:o: and yet you dont want me to come to study there! :cry:

Many areas in lahore have no difference between day and night, when I used to live there in a town called Islampura some of the shops were open even till 4:00 a.m. It seems like many areas in the city never sleep at night.

Last edited:
Many areas in lahore have no difference between day and night, when I used to live there in a town called Islampura the shops were open even till 4:00 a.m. It seems like many areas in the city never sleep.

wow... I like that... I lived in Cairo for few months... it was just like you're describing... seeing people so late night also gives some feeling of security.... not like here, always fearing when it gets dark

aaah!! I have to hurry here to go there!

I will suggest the following book by a british writer who has spent a number of years in pakistan to understand the functioning of the society and the government in pakistan.

Pakistan: A Hard Country
by Anatol Lieven

He also gave a quite informative lecture about pakistani state in the following youtube video that should also be very helpful, this is to my knowledge the most accurate account of the functioning of pakistani state.

I once saw his interview and was surprised to find out how well he knew about Pakistani state. Usually foreigners do not get how Pakistan works.

wow... I like that... I lived in Cairo for few months... it was just like you're describing... seeing people so late night also gives some feeling of security.... not like here, always fearing when it gets dark

aaah!! I have to hurry here to go there!

My hometown Quetta shuts down by 10 aswell... apart from resturants,hotels etc etc... back in the village.. the deadline is like 8 or max 9...

My hometown Quetta shuts down by 10 aswell... apart from resturants,hotels etc etc... back in the village.. the deadline is like 8 or max 9...

ooh Quetta! heard so much of it ...
at 8-9 isnt that boring?!

village life is slow... in quetta shops start closing at around 9-10.

that's so early haha... i bet you and i had the same issue ..back in elementaryschool when i used to forget to buy some stationary for the next day and only remembering about it at 9-10pm

I didnt know you were baluchi! i'm gonna ask you so many questions when I get to my Baluch Province subchapter :p

Back
Top Bottom