What's new

What are the 'Must Read' books about Pakistan?

Whats the smiley supposed to mean ? :angry:

You can always visit Pakistan for a few weeks instead of studying here ! :unsure:

":sick::sick:so?" is all I've got left when i cannot compete with valid arguments :unsure:

haha well.. my first thought was to visit Pakistan for 1 or 2 months...then I realized: "why only visiting if i could study there?! :cheesy:"

Pak-Indian cuisine - Sticking us with the Indians ! :bad:
haha they know me there! and I get free gulab for dessert!

Such a serious comment ? :( :cray:
And here I thought that a beautiful Mexican senorita would be coming to Lahore ! :cry:
I would love to visit Lahore! but how was I supposed to know you would think I am going to Lahore after you telling me you dont want me there in the first place?! :woot:

and then guys keep saying that women are complicated! :what:

round about 6 to 7 hours of travel on GT road i think

dude, cant yoy conprehend what she is trying to say, she is saying she wants to STUDY ABOUT PAKISTAN IN PAKISTAN's OWN VIEW, not in the view westerns have, she wants to see it first hand, study about Pakistan first hand, why cant you get that through your head dada jee?
why you wanna stop when people want to study in Pakistani Unis? it will make them more popular around the world

exactly!!! :yay:
finally someone who understands me!!
thanks
people keep telling me not to do it but somehow makes me want it more

I hope I can make it...

Last edited:
":sick::sick:so?" is all I've got left when i cannot compete with valid arguments :unsure:

:lol:

haha well.. my first thought was to visit Pakistan for 1 or 2 months...then I realized: "why only visiting if i could study there?! :cheesy:"

Well if you're serious - You could look at the Forman Christian College...I think they've recently gone back to the Missionaries & so the Education has picked up ! Centre for Public Policy & Governance | Forman Christian College

You could also look at these two :

National Defence University, Islamabad

Postgraduate | Kinnaird College

haha they know me there! and I get free gulab for dessert!

Gulab for dessert ? :o:

Do you mean Gulab Jaman because just Gulab would mean Rose !

I would love to visit Lahore! but how was I supposed to know you would think I am going to Lahore after you telling me you dont want me there in the first place?! :woot:

Okay I give you permission to visit my City ! :smokin:

and then guys keep saying that women are complicated! :what:

Women are complicated.....very complicated ! :o:

in pakistan most reading book remain now

suhag ki pehli raat with pictures :rofl:

:lol:

Well if you're serious - You could look at the Forman Christian College...I think they've recently gone back to the Missionaries & so the Education has picked up ! Centre for Public Policy & Governance | Forman Christian College

You could also look at these two :
National Defence University, Islamabad
Postgraduate | Kinnaird College

I mailed NDU but no response ... maybe I should try once again... like i said one year is way too long...

Gulab for dessert ? :o:
Do you mean Gulab Jaman because just Gulab would mean Rose !
oops... I guess Gulab Jaman... looks like meatballs...

Okay I give you permission to visit my City ! :smokin:
Women are complicated.....very complicated ! :o:
maybe you're somehow right..... I havent even finished my thesis and Im already making plans in Pakistan :cry:

in pakistan most reading book remain now

suhag ki pehli raat with pictures :rofl:

what does suhag ki pehli raat mean?

Honestly I recommend visits but degrees from Pakistan are not really worth it.

:( ...
is it because I'm mexican?
but i hardly see studying in Pakistan as the worst mistake of my life...I think I should give it a try
anyway I do keep in mind your advices

:( ...
is it because I'm mexican?
but i hardly see studying in Pakistan as the worst mistake of my life...I think I should give it a try
anyway I do keep in mind your advices

No because I have people with qualification from "third world" countries try to get jobs that they are clearly qualified for and they get hassled a lot over here just because of the origin of their degree. This goes not just for Pakistan either.

No its not because you are Mexican. :lol: About you being Mexican honestly you would not even stick out in Pakistan. Only if you were like really light skin toned or very dark would you stick out all other shades are common place. :lol:

Well. if you can read Urdu then i would also recommend ''Shahab Naama'' written by Qudrat ullah Shahab. It gives deep insight view about Pakistan's first 3 decades of history.

No because I have people with qualification from "third world" countries try to get jobs that they are clearly qualified for and they get hassled a lot over here just because of the origin of their degree. This goes not just for Pakistan either.

No its not because you are Mexican. :lol: About you being Mexican honestly you would not even stick out in Pakistan. Only if you were like really light skin toned or very dark would you stick out all other shades are common place. :lol:

ahh but that's because you live in the US !! In Mexico is always better when studying abroad ...seriously... like anywhere....it's like telling you're adjustable

see? People there wouldn't even notice me as foreigner! that would teach me some urdu :yu:

Well. if you can read Urdu then i would also recommend ''Shahab Naama'' written by Qudrat ullah Shahab. It gives deep insight view about Pakistan's first 3 decades of history.

I can read the alphabet! but dont understand a word of it :( thanks anyway
ow.. I guess that one will be the first after i learn urdu ........or maybe will look for if there's a translation of it

maybe you're somehow right..... I havent even finished my thesis and Im already making plans in Pakistan :cry:

Its alright - Farsightedness is a good thing ! :agree:

Though I dunno how good your plan about obtaining higher education in Pakistan is ! :(

Are you sure you can't change your major ?

I mean an MBA from LUMS is worth a lot within & without Pakistan - Try that !

If nobody has recommended this book till now, than I would like to recommend it

THE WASTES OF TIME: REFLECTIONS ON THE DECLINE AND FALL OF EAST PAKISTAN
Author: Syed Sajjad Husain

though this book is not about the current events but about the most important event of Pakistan history after the creation of Pakistan.

You can also read this research paper written by SARMILA BOSE
Anatomy of Violence Analysis of Civil War in East Pakistan in 1971

@Karla M - Please watch this movie....please...please.....PLEASE ! :agree:

You can never understand Pakistan & Pakistanis without understanding the Pakistan Movement led by the Greatest of Us - Him whom nearly 200 million Pakistanis call as Our Father !

So please watch it...!

Its alright - Farsightedness is a good thing ! :agree:

Though I dunno how good your plan about obtaining higher education in Pakistan is ! :(

Are you sure you can't change your major ?

I mean an MBA from LUMS is worth a lot within & without Pakistan - Try that !

haha i dont wanna change my major, the economic area is really not my thing... not sure how i passed all the finances courses at college

Thanks for sharing the movie! going to watch it right now!
btw...my first chapter is already done.. 20 pages of it are dedicated to the Pakistan movement...

1.2. Two Nation Theory
1.2.1. Start of Muslim self- awakening
1.2.2. Muslim identity
1.2.3. Lahore Resolution

1.3. Struggle for Pakistan
1.3.1. Mountbatten Plan
1.3.2. Indian army and its division
1.3.3. Consequences of Partition

so, it's not like i understand it all already ..but now you making me feel i am going in good path...

If nobody has recommended this book till now, than I would like to recommend it

THE WASTES OF TIME: REFLECTIONS ON THE DECLINE AND FALL OF EAST PAKISTAN
Author: Syed Sajjad Husain

though this book is not about the current events but about the most important event of Pakistan history after the creation of Pakistan.

You can also read this research paper written by SARMILA BOSE
Anatomy of Violence Analysis of Civil War in East Pakistan in 1971

ahhh I have this paper!! actually reading it right now because i am writing about Operation Searchlight
this book you're saying I never saw or heard of it! so im gonna check on it! thanks for telling me...!!

Back
Top Bottom