What's new

What are the 'Must Read' books about Pakistan?

aww that's ok ...we're obese haha

Eva Longoria isn't obese ! :ashamed:

ohhh! Latinos in Pakistan!! that's great... when latinos are abroad we're so friendly to each other :angel:

working or studying??

Most of them were ladies who had married Pakistanis ! :)

One of them is married to a cousin of mine ! :agree:

and btw what are good universities in Punjab?

LUMS - Lahore University of Management Sciences !

NUST - National University of Science & Technology !

NCA - National College of Arts !

BNU - Beaconhouse National University !

LSE - Lahore School of Economics !

Eva Longoria isn't obese ! :ashamed:

Most of them were ladies who had married Pakistanis ! :)

One of them is married to a cousin of mine ! :agree:

LUMS - Lahore University of Management Sciences !

NUST - National University of Science & Technology !

NCA - National College of Arts !

BNU - Beaconhouse National University !

LSE - Lahore School of Economics !

haha Eva Longoria isn't Mexican... she's texan!

Ladies who married Pakistanis? :o: uhm! interesting ...I have to meet them and get a piece of advice..

I majored in International Relations... I was checking University of Punjab for Master in South Asia Studies or Pakistan Studies... how is that one university???

I am checking Beaconhouse but it's also Arts University right?

Okay Jessica Alba then ! :ashamed:

Ladies who married Pakistanis? :o: uhm! interesting ...I have to meet them and get a piece of advice..

Hmmmn....why are you so surprised ? :unsure:

What advice ? You're not planning on marrying a Pakistani are you ? :o:

I majored in International Relations... I was checking University of Punjab for Master in South Asia Studies or Pakistan Studies... how is that one university???

Pakistani Universities aren't that great to begin with & I'm not sure if the University of Punjab is that great either ! :(

The only worthwhile University is LUMS !

Unfortunately because most Pakistanis don't take subjects like International Relations, History etc. (apart from the women) 'cause they don't pay that well most Universities aren't that great in those areas.

As much as I'd like you to experience Pakistan.....a Pakistani Qualification isn't something that I'd recommend ! :(

Its a Liberal Arts College !

Okay Jessica Alba then ! :ashamed:

Hmmmn....why are you so surprised ? :unsure:

What advice ? You're not planning on marrying a Pakistani are you ? :o:

Pakistani Universities aren't that great to begin with & I'm not sure if the University of Punjab is that great either ! :(

The only worthwhile University is LUMS !

Unfortunately because most Pakistanis don't take subjects like International Relations, History etc. (apart from the women) 'cause they don't pay that well most Universities aren't that great in those areas.

As much as I'd like you to experience Pakistan.....a Pakistani Qualification isn't something that I'd recommend ! :(

Its a Liberal Arts College !

Jessica Alba? seriously? she's not mexican
Salma Hayek is mexican but well, her grandpa was lebanese

why not marrying a pakistani??

you're breaking my heart in all possible ways
Studying a masters in Pakistan would be the coolest thing ever!!!! :( :(

Jessica Alba? seriously? she's not mexican
Salma Hayek is mexican but well, her grandpa was lebanese

Oh come on surely Jessica Alba is a Mexican American ! :undecided:

why not marrying a pakistani??

Cultural clash for one ! :unsure:

you're breaking my heart in all possible ways
Studying a masters in Pakistan would be the coolest thing ever!!!! :( :(

It maybe but Pakistani Universities aren't that great unfortunately ! :(

Perhaps visiting Pakistan maybe a better thing to do !

I will suggest the following book by a british writer who has spent a number of years in pakistan to understand the functioning of the society and the government in pakistan.

Pakistan: A Hard Country
by Anatol Lieven

He also gave a quite informative lecture about pakistani state in the following youtube video that should also be very helpful, this is to my knowledge the most accurate account of the functioning of pakistani state.

uhm... in that case Eva longoria's both parents are from mexico

Cultural clash ... naaah well yea maybe but not that i cannot adjust, i've been to a muslim country for couple months, i could manage! anyway haha i am not even there nor know anyone

:( my other option is Masters in Tehran but I really would love to choose Pakistan :( let's see what is best

I will suggest the following book by a british writer who has spent a number of years in pakistan to understand the functioning of the society and the government in pakistan.

Pakistan: A Hard Country
by Anatol Lieven

He also gave a quite informative lecture about pakistani state in the following youtube video that should also be very helpful, this is to my knowledge the most accurate account of the functioning of pakistani state.

I didnt see his video! thanks for sharing...

actually his book was the one that gave me the idea on how to structure my thesis!
very often Pakistan is misunderstood or simply not well known (at least here) and made me realized how important is to tell the complexities of Pakistan...

Unless it's a univ like LUMS.

I study there .:

Can anyone recommend me a book on Major General Mitha?
@DESERT FIGHTER @fatman17 @Hyperion

image.jpg

The forgotten hero...

uhm... in that case Eva longoria's both parents are from mexico

And you still don't consider her a Mexican ? :pissed:

Thats it...may Mexico City's team beat your City's team this season ! :p:

uCultural clash ... naaah well yea maybe but not that i cannot adjust, i've been to a muslim country for couple months, i could manage! anyway haha i am not even there nor know anyone

How much do you really know about Islam ? :what:

'Cause being to a Muslim country & being married to a Muslim are two pretty different things & unless you find a secular minded Muslim man who isn't a religious person.....the cultural clash is going to be there !

So whatever you decide.....just think it through very thoroughly & I pray that everything works out just the way you imagine it ! :)

u my other option is Masters in Tehran but I really would love to choose Pakistan :( let's see what is best

Tehran ! :o:

Why would you want to go to Iran ? If Pakistan is conservative....Tehran is 10 times that !

Turkiye may be a better bet !

ooh what did you study?? i am checking it out ..department of humanities and social science but i cant find the postgraduate area...

I would recommend you to choose a university in islamabad the capital city of pakistan because it is the most secure area for foreigners in pakistan, Lahore is another option and much more interesting as it is a mega city. LUMS is also situated in lahore and is a university with quite liberal atmosphere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom