What's new

What about licence production of Attack Choppers at PAC

And by the way we could induct about 150 J-10 and 50 J-10S in first phase and than 200 J-10B on the second stage. And we won't need to buy anything from WEST. Only our own 28 F-16 and 32/34 F-16 with MLU-3 package upgrade. Correct the nos of F-16 in PAF inventory now and before the older F-16 arrived from U.S

U are quite right but was it possible for PAF to invext in J-10 as a 50% partner rather than JF-17 which was supposed to join in bcoz its twin seater variant will give role as an AJT but now they have selected L-15 even to replace K-8 in which are/were 25% partner?????
L-15 isn't going to replace K-8, but rather the FT-5, FT-6 and FT-7 in the advanced jet training & lead-in-fighter training (fighter conversion) roles. I'd imagine that PAF will order additional K-8s, it did have an original requirement of 75+...and it will reach it when it begins phasing out the T-37s.

As for not investing in J-10, you have to remember that JF-17 is meant to be a design that is cheap, expendable, upgradeable and highly capable relative to its cost and size. It was meant to be produced in numbers and set as a fighter that could allow PAF to escape significant damage from massive sanctions and embargoes.

With J-10A/B...in addition to much higher costs and industrial requirements, it could also be that China is strongly reluctant to simply transfer this technology. While some hate to admit it, the J-10B is well on its way to being a 4.5/4+ generation fighter in the same category as Typhoon and Rafale. It isn't small business.

In any case, there is scope for PAF to acquire as many as 150 J-10B/FC-20 in the long-run, as well as take the F-16 Block-52+ and MLU fleet past 100.

At least paksitan should buy Eurocopter EC 135, Eurocopter EC 145 or Bo 105CB and convert them in Pakistan for anti armour role, put on them 30 mm gun,70 mm rockets and anti armour missel as german's did with Bo 105CB.

L-15 isn't going to replace K-8, but rather the FT-5, FT-6 and FT-7 in the advanced jet training & lead-in-fighter training (fighter conversion) roles. I'd imagine that PAF will order additional K-8s, it did have an original requirement of 75+...and it will reach it when it begins phasing out the T-37s.

Tell me, once it was said that JF-17 will benefit in two ways like its single seat version will be a multi-role fighter and its dual seat version would not only be a trainer for JF-17 but also work as an AJT for PAF and it would be used as bomber and PAF would induct more than 100+, coz the other Muslim Nation Air-Forces would benefit from it.

As for not investing in J-10, you have to remember that JF-17 is meant to be a design that is cheap, expendable, upgradeable and highly capable relative to its cost and size. It was meant to be produced in numbers and set as a fighter that could allow PAF to escape significant damage from massive sanctions and embargoes.

With J-10A/B...in addition to much higher costs and industrial requirements, it could also be that China is strongly reluctant to simply transfer this technology. While some hate to admit it, the J-10B is well on its way to being a 4.5/4+ generation fighter in the same category as Typhoon and Rafale. It isn't small business.
Hey you meant to say that PAF wasn't allowed by Chinese to join the J-10 program. That's the most obvious thing to say and i believe that if they have joined them to co-produce it in a 50%-50% joint venture with having a program cost of around a $1 Billion then PAF don't want to invest $500 Million only in the first year but gradual investment that would be great and it won't become a burden on our Economy and we if we want can co-develop Avionics and Sensor suite with E.U(Italy or U.K if France won't allow) so it would be great to have our own set of avionics on K-8 as well as J-10 and may be we could go for an JV on AJT. And PAC-Chinese co. can take help from Rolls-Royce in R&D of WS-10 as well as on K-8s Engine.

In any case, there is scope for PAF to acquire as many as 150 J-10B/FC-20 in the long-run, as well as take the F-16 Block-52+ and MLU fleet past 100.

Although i have heard in a post that was replied about the J-10B license production at PAC. The person was replin that PAC has invested about 25% of the cost of J-10B program and PAF would be manufacturing J-10B at PAC in nos like 200 that would be great :victory::smitten: . Coz it will replace Mirage-III&V and 200 JF-17 would replace A-5C, F-7P/PGs. and F-16 would be there.:pakistan::cheers::china:

Tell me, once it was said that JF-17 will benefit in two ways like its single seat version will be a multi-role fighter and its dual seat version would not only be a trainer for JF-17 but also work as an AJT for PAF and it would be used as bomber and PAF would induct more than 100+, coz the other Muslim Nation Air-Forces would benefit from it.
That was said once, but looks like it isn't any more...although it still seems a two-seat JF-17 is in the pipeline. Is its role restricted to just LIFT and strike? What about roles as OCU and special-missions such as EW? There are still a number of integral roles for a twin-seat JF-17 to perform besides training, hence scope and production potential is still there.

Hey you meant to say that PAF wasn't allowed by Chinese to join the J-10 program. That's the most obvious thing to say and i believe that if they have joined them to co-produce it in a 50%-50%
That is possible, but we can speculate both ways unless there was concrete evidence to back our claims. As far as I know, Pakistani officials said that they opted away from industrial cooperation on the FC-20, and that is it...as for why, we can only speculate.
and may be we could go for an JV on AJT. And PAC-Chinese co. can take help from Rolls-Royce in R&D of WS-10 as well as on K-8s Engine.
Hondgu did offer PAF a chance to participate in the L-15 program during its early developmental stages, but PAF opted no. As for a LIFT aircraft now, then the L-15 would still be an ideal candidate.

That was said once, but looks like it isn't any more...although it still seems a two-seat JF-17 is in the pipeline. Is its role restricted to just LIFT and strike? What about roles as OCU and special-missions such as EW? There are still a number of integral roles for a twin-seat JF-17 to perform besides training, hence scope and production potential is still there.

That is possible, but we can speculate both ways unless there was concrete evidence to back our claims. As far as I know, Pakistani officials said that they opted away from industrial cooperation on the FC-20, and that is it...as for why, we can only speculate.

Hondgu did offer PAF a chance to participate in the L-15 program during its early developmental stages, but PAF opted no. As for a LIFT aircraft now, then the L-15 would still be an ideal candidate.

so what yoy are saying is that there is no JF-17 dual seater available now??? man try to talk in details. I have seen a picture of JjF-17 dual seater in the gallery try to find that pic. And if the chinese are not working on the JF-17 D(dual) then PAF should join the L-15 program and induct as many as 100 L-15 because of the fact that most of the Muslim countries sent their pilots to Pakistan for training like the malaysians now. ANd my biggest question is that why PAF isn't producing the K-8 at PAC, they can make supplier group(through pakistan private suppliers) and just produce 50% of structural components and 50% of avionics at PAC and 50% of engine(being taken license from Honeywell corp. & its components could be supplied through pakistan private suppliers). in this way we could make 100 K-8 till 2015 other than 12 we have and we could utilize composites.
:pakistan::china::sniper::smitten:

And can u be my friend?

so what yoy are saying is that there is no JF-17 dual seater available now??? man try to talk in details. I have seen a picture of JjF-17 dual seater in the gallery try to find that pic.
There is no dual seat JF-17 in service or in testing. If you want, you can find whatever picture or information that says otherwise.
ANd my biggest question is that why PAF isn't producing the K-8 at PAC, they can make supplier group(through pakistan private suppliers) and just produce 50% of structural components and 50% of avionics at PAC and 50% of engine(being taken license from Honeywell corp. & its components could be supplied through pakistan private suppliers). in this way we could make 100 K-8 till 2015 other than 12 we have and we could utilize composites.
PAF has 28 K-8 with another 11 on the way. PAC used to produce K-8, but it ended production in order to free up resources for JF-17. Even though it doesn't produce K-8, it still receives its share of profits from every export sale made for the aircraft. As for additional K-8, the PAF had an original requirement of 75, and it will soon have 39...the remaining 36 or so will be bought to finalize replacement of T-37 most likely.
And can u be my friend?
Sure no prob.

hey man we were discussing about the license production of choppers at PAC so continue it!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom