What's new

We need a Aircraft Carrier force.

what will be the role defined for the TN aircraft carrier? And who are threats to Turkey? Turkey is in NATO, does not have a prob with Israel. Arab countries are not a threat to Turkey. And nuclear submarines with nukes? What will be their use?

I LoL gagged myself when I saw another AC thread... You guys want and AC for what. Peni* extention contest. We will jump onboard our mighty AC and sail to Cyprus to wage a war, yes, that is what we'll do!

Perhaps you guys want to use the AC to attack the kandil mountains.... good idea, we'll sail to.... ehh... oh yeah nowhere!

Sorry to shatter your illusions, but an AC needs shitload of protection destroyers, frigates, corvette etc. You want to waste a lot of money on getting something that we don't need.

Juan Carlos is a nice toy and that's what we're interested in. it's not so big, but it serves our purpose. mobility+firepower for whatever we want to use it for. and it costs less than an AC.

Btw. we live in the most dangerous part of the world, where would you want to sail with your AC, a cruise around Cape of Good hope ?

I LoL gagged myself when I saw another AC thread... You guys want and AC for what. Peni* extention contest. We will jump onboard our mighty AC and sail to Cyprus to wage a war, yes, that is what we'll do!

Perhaps you guys want to use the AC to attack the kandil mountains.... good idea, we'll sail to.... ehh... oh yeah nowhere!

Sorry to shatter your illusions, but an AC needs shitload of protection destroyers, frigates, corvette etc. You want to waste a lot of money on getting something that we don't need.

Juan Carlos is a nice toy and that's what we're interested in. it's not so big, but it serves our purpose. mobility+firepower for whatever we want to use it for. and it costs less than an AC.

Btw. we live in the most dangerous part of the world, where would you want to sail with your AC, a cruise around Cape of Good hope ?

Well look at the Geography of the USA. Who could possibiliy Attack N.America. But they had 10 nuclear powered AC. We need to control the Eastern Med and Suez Canal.

Well look at the Geography of the USA. Who could possibiliy Attack N.America. But they had 10 nuclear powered AC. We need to control the Eastern Med and Suez Canal.

USA is a super power and they need to work their ***** off to keep that, and they have a lot of interests spread out all over the world. None of Turkeys interests are in dange or are so far away that we need an AC to go and protect it.

And for your information the Suez Canal is not Turkish property.

An example of US interest is Taiwan, and the big AC parked there. why do you think that country still exists and that China hasn't wiped it from the map.

btw. Omae hontou ni nihon ni sunde imasu ka

Turkey can have a AC in 5 years if it want to, it may try to buy a american, russian or french unfinished AC and complete it, or if they want to build it their own then it might take 10-15 years, maybe if turkey and pakistan join forces to build 2 ACs for both countries helping each others, PAK will also have one then, We also need a Ac cuz india have it.All the best Turkey and Pakistan
No offense but this is a stupid reason. Having an AC won't give ANY tactical advantage to you against india. Unless you guys start a new colonisation race :) It will be quite the opposite, in wartime it will give pakistan a very hard time defending the damn thing.

I think even Juan carlos is pretty much luxury, I would buy an old wasp class from USA if i was the defence minister. Could be lot cheaper and lot more... adaptable.

No offense but this is a stupid reason. Having an AC won't give ANY tactical advantage to you against india. Unless you guys start a new colonisation race :) It will be quite the opposite, in wartime it will give pakistan a very hard time defending the damn thing.
Buddy.......you stole my words....

We can't afford an AC right now and we don't need an AC for like 25 years.

Before acquiring an AC, we need to be able to build our MBTs and all other land vessels, light attack helicopters, multi purpose helicopters, heavy attack helicopters, drones, corvettes, frigates, destroyers and submarines with domestic engines.

oh, i am fatally bored!
Every once in a while some delusional kid comes up with "we should have an aircraft carrier" idea. Not that im judging but don't you think we have more pressing concerns? Like detained armed forces officers or risen terrorist activity?
There is actually one benefit, enemies can target your airfields as they are stationary while an Amphibious ship like Dokdo class of South Korea with a squadron of F-35B...gives you an advantage...of a floating air field.....hard to target...

We can't afford an AC right now and we don't need an AC for like 25 years.

Before acquiring an AC, we need to be able to build our MBTs and all other land vessels, light attack helicopters, multi purpose helicopters, heavy attack helicopters, drones, corvettes, frigates, destroyers and submarines with domestic engines.
There is nothing wrong in keeping it in pipeline....get it after 15 years.....

There is actually one benefit, enemies can target your airfields as they are stationary while an Amphibious ship like Dokdo class of South Korea with a squadron of F-35B...gives you an advantage...of a floating air field.....hard to target...
Hard to phucking target? WTF! You hear what you are saying?

I could hit it with a WWII german unguided torpedo, blindfolded :)

AC has absolutely no advantage, especially when you have millions of squaremeters of land. C'mon how hard can opening an emergency LZ could be :)

Hard to phucking target? WTF! You hear what you are saying?

I could hit it with a WWII german unguided torpedo, blindfolded :)

AC has absolutely no advantage, especially when you have millions of squaremeters of land. C'mon how hard can opening an emergency LZ could be :)
Sorry sir.....those unguided torpedos can't hit an AC thousands of miles away....ASBM that China has is the among few weapons you can use...except a submarine,...which can be detected by your accompanying stealth frigates, ASW helicopters, corvettes, to be protect from enemy aircraft.....You just said that US is idiot to have 10 ACC as it can be hit easily.......sorry sir you can't.

cant you use jets on these? I knew its not AC but still good , but we need AC.

In that case you will only be able to use F-35B variants as they are the only jets that are of VTOL capability other than Harriers.

Sorry sir.....those unguided torpedos can't hit an AC thousands of miles away....ASBM that China has is the among few weapons you can use...except a submarine,...which can be detected by your accompanying stealth frigates, ASW helicopters, corvettes, to be protect from enemy aircraft.....You just said that US is idiot to have 10 ACC as it can be hit easily.......sorry sir you can't.
cut the bullzhit boy, US isn't using ACs for homeland security

You just said AC carriers can be an alternative to ground based airbases which is one of the most idiotic assessments i've ever heard even on this forum. Not just because AC is a phucking huge vessel very, very hard to miss. But because one can simply build a hundered airbases in price of a carrier group.

'exclude'!?!? By excluding the south east, turkey will be split. From Hakkari to Edirne is Turkish soil; if you want it to stay like that, you should change you're mind.

Plus the South east also covers Gaziantep, which is one of Turkeys biggest and one of the most developed citys.
And for you're information Gaziantep is a oghuz turk city.

The codes to activate these Nuclear bombs are in the control of the US.

Man i dont mean exclude as in remove just the difference NOBODY CAN TAKE AN INCH OF SOIL .

cut the bullzhit boy, US isn't using ACs for homeland security

You just said AC carriers can be an alternative to ground based airbases which is one of the most idiotic ideas i've ever heard even on this forum. Not just simply because AC is a phucking huge vessel very, very hard to miss. But because one can build a hundered airbases in same price with a carrier group.
No need to get too personal....if you don't like it, it doesn't matter, but AC has been used by India too back in those days when the enemy was just few hundred miles away from our forward posts....Our AC played an important role in naval blockade.....and I seriously doubt your knowledge of present day missiles, how many countries have ASBM....especially more than 2000 km and above range....but again its up to you........there has been debate on usefulness of AC many times, but they are kept building.....

BTW didn't US use their AC as an alternative to ground based airbases....Think over it....then reply...calm down...

FYI...an ACC is considered as sovereign land of the nation

ex.

The Queen Elizabeth Class will be utilised by all three sectors of the UK Armed Forces and will provide eight acres of sovereign territory which can be deployed around the world.

http://www.aircraftcarrieralliance.co.uk/the-ships/the-queen-elizabeth-class.aspx

Back
Top Bottom