What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

ODA is just a loan shark in disguise. The Japanese compensate for the "low" interest rate by inflating the principal amount of a product or a service by at least 10 times. Anything that involves Japanese funded ODA is over inflated in price. Only those corrupted viet officials endorse it because they would receive some kickbacks while the average joe of Vietnam will have to pay it indirectly one way or the other.

ODA is just a loan shark in disguise. The Japanese compensate for the "low" interest rate by inflating the principal amount of a product or a service by at least 10 times. Anything that involves Japanese funded ODA is over inflated in price. Only those corrupted viet officials endorse it because they would receive some kickbacks while the average joe of Vietnam will have to pay it indirectly one way or the other.

average joe getting screwed? sounds like every country ever unless you live in paradise USA with true Freedom^tm

I wanted to be nice but you misunderstood the intention. You should read between the lines. Anyway do you believe we pay a penny worth of attention to such someone like Chinese or whoever or as you mention Indonesians who look down on Vietnam? You know too little about us. Keep your money. The Viet people have respect to the Japanese. Honestly speaking we admire them. They have politeness and dignity, while you have none. We like the Japanese and their products, while Chinese are at the same level as thiefs and hooligans, Chinese products between cheap, low quality and rubbish.

The Khmer hatred on Vietnam is bottomless but we are always ready to give them a helping hand, sacrificing our lives to stop them falling into abyss. Look at this. A victory monument erected in 1979 midst in the capital of Cambodia, remembering of Vietnam victory over the Red Khner Army, ending the genocide. That costs millions of Cambodian lives. The soldiers represent Viet and Cambodia armies, while the women holding the baby represents the Cambodia people.

Cambodia-Vietnam-Friendship-Monument-113214.jpg

Cambodia-Vietnam-Friendship-Monument-113215.jpg

facepalm. the guys at the_donald are laughing so hard right now.

Keep your money. The Viet people have respect to the Japanese. Honestly speaking we admire them. They have politeness and dignity, while you have none. We like the Japanese and their products, while Chinese are at the same level as thiefs and hooligans, Chinese products between cheap, low quality and rubbish.

Good, i always thought China should not make great investment to a hostile country like Vietnam. (Overseas) Viets have proven to be ingrates. You were talking,acting like a beggar from the first day you started posting here not to mention shown your ungrateful attitude towards Chinese assistance. Many of us here are find it hilarious that a Viet here is praising a warmonger like the US who has been responsible for murdering people on a global scale up to this day. No wonder many are questioning your childish behavior (begging japs,yankees for free state of the art warships). You wish Vietnam to act like a US lapdog? Good for you, keep sucking US balls here on this forum. Maybe Trump will throw you some bones if he sees how good you are in sucking up. I suppose the 2 decades of biochemical warfare and napalm usage on your people must have created "intelligent" offsprings like you into believing the US is a sugar daddy.

As for Chinese rubbish products, make sure you read the label whether it is made in China before you buy any of it. Otherwise you are guilty yourself in supporting the world factory :lol:

Good, i always thought China should not make great investment to a hostile country like Vietnam. (Overseas) Viets have proven to be ingrates. You were talking,acting like a beggar from the first day you started posting here not to mention shown your ungrateful attitude towards Chinese assistance. Many of us here are find it hilarious that a Viet here is praising a warmonger like the US who has been responsible for murdering people on a global scale up to this day. No wonder many are questioning your childish behavior (begging japs,yankees for free state of the art warships). You wish Vietnam to act like a US lapdog? Good for you, keep sucking US balls here on this forum. Maybe Trump will throw you some bones if he sees how good you are in sucking up. I suppose the 2 decades of biochemical warfare and napalm usage on your people must have created "intelligent" offsprings like you into believing the US is a sugar daddy.

As for Chinese rubbish products, make sure you read the label whether it is made in China before you buy any of it. Otherwise you are guilty yourself in supporting the world factory :lol:
Donald Trump is right when he demands Japan, S Korea and all other must pay more for the US military umbrella. Security is not free. That must be paid in one way or the other. Vietnam keeps the most important waterways open and secure for half of the trading nations of the world, from Japan to Germany, bearing the burden of a high military budget, suffering under Chinese aggression but we receive nearly nothing in return from our friends.

Have I ever justified US war crimes in Vietnam and elsewhere? Never. The Russians took large parts of China, committing horrible crimes in Manchuria but today you never miss a chance to polish their shoes as if you want to earn a quick dollar.

We owe you nothing. You should not forget we provided food, security and home to hundreds of thousands of chinese refugees throughout history when they fled China for different reasons. Although we are aware we would draw anger from Chinese authorities.

Donald Trump is right when he demands Japan, S Korea and all other must pay more for the US military umbrella. Security is not free.

but we receive nearly nothing in return from our friends.
I can not understand your logic fully.

On the one side, you think it is reasonable that Japan or Korea pays a big amount of money to US, because US offers the military protection to both countries; on the other side, you request US or Japan to give Vietnam some money. So per your logic, you mean Vietnam is offering military protection to US and Japan. Do I understand you correctly?

Donald Trump is right when he demands Japan, S Korea and all other must pay more for the US military umbrella. Security is not free. That must be paid in one way or the other. Vietnam keeps the most important waterways open and secure for half of the trading nations of the world, from Japan to Germany, bearing the burden of a high military budget, suffering under Chinese aggression but we receive nearly nothing in return from our friends.

Have I ever justified US war crimes in Vietnam and elsewhere? Never. The Russians took large parts of China, committing horrible crimes in Manchuria but today you never miss a chance to polish their shoes as if you want to earn a quick dollar.

We owe you nothing. You should not forget we provided food, security and home to hundreds of thousands of chinese refugees throughout history when they fled China for different reasons. Although we are aware we would draw anger from Chinese authorities.

Teaching "history" again? Your knowledge of the past is questionable as i recall how many times you have been posting garbage "historical" lessons here. Going off topic won't earn you any recognition here. Again make sure all the stuff you have at home are not Chinese made :lol: or even from your Vietnam as you only look up to Made in Japan. It's best you stop having any expectations of large Chinese investments because our countries shall never be that close. Keep your jealousy to yourself and dream of Japanese ODA saving Vietnam from poverty. China has better options when it comes down to better economic cooperation than the insignificant fly.

I can not understand your logic fully.

On the one side, you think it is reasonable that Japan or Korea pays a big amount of money to US, because US offers the military protection to both countries; on the other side, you request US or Japan to give Vietnam some money. So per your logic, you mean Vietnam is offering military protection to US and Japan. Do I understand you correctly?
Take Japan. With a bit knowledge of geography people could see the most vulnerable nation in the western Pacific is Japan. One of your arch-enemies. How long would Japan survive until it's economy collapses if China closes the waterways by using fake pretexts and excuses? As a country as Japan fully relying on imports of energy via waterways, I guess not long. Maybe a year until the reserves run out.

Considering we pay the patrol boats by a loan, that is very cheap for Japan. I don't say peanuts.

Teaching "history" again? Your knowledge of the past is questionable as i recall how many times you have been posting garbage "historical" lessons here. Going off topic won't earn you any recognition here. Again make sure all the stuff you have at home are not Chinese made :lol: or even from your Vietnam as you only look up to Made in Japan. It's best you stop having any expectations of large Chinese investments because our countries shall never be that close. Keep your jealousy to yourself and dream of Japanese ODA saving Vietnam from poverty. China has better options when it comes down to better economic cooperation than the insignificant fly.
Chinese investment to Vietnam was almost non existent until recently. Don't laugh too loud.

China the elephant in the room as Vietnam and India draw closer in defence cooperation

Neeta Lal says in seeking to strengthen their military capabilities, India and Vietnam face a diplomatic challenge with a wary China looking on

PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 18 January, 2017, 1:17pm
UPDATED : Wednesday, 18 January, 2017, 7:06pm

COMMENTS:

c5d06b44-dd21-11e6-8fcb-68eb4ed74971_1280x720.jpg

When Nguyen Phu Trong, the general secretary of Vietnam’s Communist Party, and Chinese President Xi Jinping ( 習近平 ) met in Beijing last week to weigh up bilateral ties, India couldn’t have been far from their minds.

India risks angering China with new satellite tracking station for Vietnam
New Delhi and Hanoi have been steadily cranking up their military relationship in the Asia-Pacific region, much to Beijing’s chagrin. By leveraging its friendship with India, Vietnam hopes to offset the rising power of its northern neighbour, with whom it fought a brief war in 1979.

For India, Vietnam is increasingly at the heart of its “Act East” policy, a blueprint to expand its footprint across East and Southeast Asia. By building relations with states like Vietnam, Delhi hopes to provide a counterweight against Chinese adventurism in the region. It anticipates that a robust defence collaboration with Vietnam, coupled with the US lifting the Vietnamese arms embargo, can boost Hanoi’s defence capabilities against China.

Why is India risking Chinese anger by trying to sell missiles to Vietnam?
With Hanoi and Delhi also sharing concerns about China’s access to the Indian Ocean and the fraught South China Sea, the latter has helped beef up Vietnam’s naval and air forces. While on a visit to Vietnam last September, Prime Minister Narendra Modi not only elevated the Delhi-Hanoi “strategic partnership” to a “comprehensive strategic” one, he also provided Vietnam with a line of credit of US$500 million for defence deals.

In addition, Delhi has chivvied BrahMos Aerospace, an Indo-Russian venture which produces the world’s fastest supersonic cruise missiles, to accelerate sales to a list of five countries topped by Vietnam. Vietnamese fighter pilots are also being trained on Indian fighter jets.

These developments are clearly making Beijing uneasy, with India’s bid to sell the surface-to-air Akash missiles to Vietnam leading the Global Times to comment that if the Indian government “treats its enhancement of military relations with Vietnam as a strategic arrangement or even revenge against Beijing, it will only create disturbances in the region”.

Beijing’s pique probably has Trong under pressure. But, for now at least, neither he nor Modi seem overly worried.

The question facing Vietnam’s PM on his first China visit: how close to get to Beijing
Be that as it may, neither Vietnam nor India are in a position to antagonise China. Beijing is Hanoi’s top trade partner and the power it can bring to bear on it is no match for Vietnam’s outreach to India, Japan or even the US. Delhi too, needs to inject the right dose of diplomacy, military relations and, now, arms sales into its Vietnamese mix while managing what is perhaps its most challenging strategic relationship – the one with China.

Neeta Lal is a Delhi-based editor and journalist

In ancient times we set up watch towers along the northern border, alerting the army if seeing the Chinese approaching. today we have radar stations to watch out if anyone runs amok. P18M surveillance radar station, capable detecting flying objects at a distance of 300 km, max altitude of 35,000 meters.

tam-giam-sat-cua-radar-canh-troi-tay-bac_181731589.jpg

nhung-doi-mat-ve-quoc_2099209.jpg

nhung-doi-mat-ve-quoc_20910776.jpg

Due to the lack of picture of military-related materials, here's a picture of an indigenous remotely controlled turret.

15994750_1154399028016389_5506522844083317039_o.jpg

Nice, what caliber is that?

In ancient times we set up watch towers along the northern border, alerting the army if seeing the Chinese approaching. today we have radar stations to watch out if anyone runs amok. P18M surveillance radar station, capable detecting flying objects at a distance of 300 km, max altitude of 35,000 meters.

tam-giam-sat-cua-radar-canh-troi-tay-bac_181731589.jpg

nhung-doi-mat-ve-quoc_2099209.jpg

nhung-doi-mat-ve-quoc_20910776.jpg

Hey amigo, I'm in your home town right now, Nha Trang, very nice atmosphere here. Lots of Russian and Chinese tourists everywhere.

One interesting thing, my flight was delayed because of military exercises in the area.

12.7x108mm Russian. There was another version for 14.5mm MG which was testes a few years ago.

How's thing going, my friend?

Ok here, Just came back today from China, very busy these days. Time to get ready for Tet now. How about you?

Hey amigo, I'm in your home town right now, Nha Trang, very nice atmosphere here. Lots of Russian and Chinese tourists everywhere.

One interesting thing, my flight was delayed because of military exercises in the area.
I am ok. Man I wish I could be in Nhatrang, sitting on the beach with a cold beer. The weather right now in Germany is quite cold. Very cold. Snow, heavy storm and everything in between. Some regions at night see -17 C. I believe the Russians don't mind but it is not for me :D Very busy now with everything but I take time to respond to clowns here on the forum.

Traveling today on a high speed rail to a business meeting. More comfortable than spending hours on a super highway. A lot of Vietnamese are seen opening restaurants and nails. Good business. Nearly every week a new business. Or almost. A lot of Chinese are seen too. From tourists to everything. Some places look like HongKong. How your business in China? Feel free to report :-)

I am ok. Man I wish I could be in Nhatrang, sitting on the beach with a cold beer. The weather right now in Germany is quite cold. Very cold. Snow, heavy storm and everything in between. Some regions at night see -17 C. I believe the Russians don't mind but it is not for me :D Very busy now with everything but I take time to respond to clowns here on the forum.

Traveling today on a high speed rail to a business meeting. More comfortable than spending hours on a super highway. A lot of Vietnamese are seen opening restaurants and nails. Good business. Nearly every week a new business. Or almost. A lot of Chinese are seen too. From tourists to everything. Some places look like HongKong. How your business in China? Feel free to report :-)

I hear you, cold wave in Europe. Beautiful weather in Nha Trang. China was also a bit cold (not so much today, but it was until a couple of days ago), so it felt really nice to be in this weather. Business is better this year since the customers in USA and Europe are doing well. Prices in China are going up fast, a bit of inflation, but all is ok.

Back
Top Bottom