What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

ok we got it. we gave you our hand for cooperation but returned home empty handed. except cheap propaganda, there is nothing. Don´t complaint when VN turns to the West. US and Japan seem more receptive, more open for cooperation. AND you should not forget we dealt with western powers when China still had self imposed closed door policy. when most of Chinese were not aware of any country existing outside China :woot:
return home with empty hands? Here are the new cooperation agreements achieved by the two sides during the VCP head visit to China.
访问期间,双方签署了
《中国共产党和越南共产党高级干部培训合作协议(2017-2020年)》、
《中国国防部和越南国防部关于2025年前国防合作共同愿景声明》、
《中国红十字会与越南红十字会合作备忘录》、
《中国海关总署和越南国防部关于中越陆地边境口岸合作的框架协定》、
《中国政府与越南政府关于实施老街-河内-海防标准轨铁路线路规划项目换文》、
《中国商务部与越南计划投资部关于合作开展越南公共医疗卫生领域专项援助谅解备忘录》、
《中国农业部和越南农业与农村发展部关于开展北部湾渔业资源增殖放流与养护合作的谅解备忘录》、
《中国国家质量监督检验检疫总局与越南工贸部关于中国与越南双边贸易中食品安全的合作谅解备忘录》、
《中国中央电视台与越南电视台关于合拍电视专题片的谅解备忘录》、
《中国国务院发展研究中心与越共中央经济部合作备忘录》、
《中国国家旅游局和越南文化体育旅游部2017-2019年旅游合作计划》、
《中国人民对外友好协会与越南友好组织联合会2017年至2021年合作备忘录》、
《中国国际广播电台与越南之声电台合作协议》、
《中国国家开发银行与越南投资发展银行2017-2019年项目融资与双边授信合作谅解备忘录》、
《中国人民出版社与越南真理国家政治出版社2017-2021年合作协议》等合作文件。
the new cooperation agreements cover the areas like financing, military, medicine, border control, railway, fishing, agricultural products, media. If this is not cooperation, what is cooperation?

What else you expect? A 10 billion RMB donation for free? Or retreat from our current standpoints on the South China Sea?

return home with empty hands? Here are the new cooperation agreements achieved by the two sides during the VCP head visit to China.
访问期间,双方签署了
《中国共产党和越南共产党高级干部培训合作协议(2017-2020年)》、
《中国国防部和越南国防部关于2025年前国防合作共同愿景声明》、
《中国红十字会与越南红十字会合作备忘录》、
《中国海关总署和越南国防部关于中越陆地边境口岸合作的框架协定》、
《中国政府与越南政府关于实施老街-河内-海防标准轨铁路线路规划项目换文》、
《中国农业部和越南农业与农村发展部关于开展北部湾渔业资源增殖放流与养护合作的谅解备忘录》、
《中国国家质量监督检验检疫总局与越南工贸部关于中国与越南双边贸易中食品安全的合作谅解备忘录》、
《中国中央电视台与越南电视台关于合拍电视专题片的谅解备忘录》、
《中国国务院发展研究中心与越共中央经济部合作备忘录》、
《中国国家旅游局和越南文化体育旅游部2017-2019年旅游合作计划》、
《中国人民对外友好协会与越南友好组织联合会2017年至2021年合作备忘录》、
《中国国际广播电台与越南之声电台合作协议》、
《中国国家开发银行与越南投资发展银行2017-2019年项目融资与双边授信合作谅解备忘录》、
《中国人民出版社与越南真理国家政治出版社2017-2021年合作协议》等合作文件。
the new cooperation agreements cover the areas like financing, military, medicine, border control, railway, fishing, agricultural products, media. If this is not cooperation, what is cooperation?

What else you expect? A 10 billion RMB donation for free? Or retreat from our current standpoints on the South China Sea?
I read through the agreements signed during the visit. Most are repetition of former agreements. Some new elements are added but too little too vague to have any effect. No I don't think VN leadership expects handouts nor your retreat from your standpoint. You know too little about VN mentality.

I read through the agreements signed during the visit. Most are repetition of former agreements. Some new elements are added but too little too vague to have any effect. No I don't think VN leadership expects handouts nor your retreat from your standpoint. You know too little about VN mentality.
the content I show you are all NEW agreements signed during the January visit of the VCP head. If you know more details about them, share with us.

Although I don't speak or read your language, I believe I understand well about your perceptions towards China, a combination of complicated feelings. Otherwise I won't raise this question to you.

the content I show you are all NEW agreements signed during the January visit of the VCP head. If you know more details about them, share with us.

Although I don't speak or read your language, I believe I understand well about your perceptions towards China, a combination of complicated feelings. Otherwise I won't raise this question to you.
Same content with NEW packaging. All the agreements won't bring us a little bit forward. Ok if anything then it is about face. Having a good face is everything. You as Chinese certainly know it. We signed NEW agreements. China had the opportunity to change the course of the relationship but you refused to take it. As expected.

Same content with NEW packaging. All the agreements won't bring us a little bit forward.
a void comment again.

If you know any details about these new agreements, and you think the details could prove your view, share the details with us please. I at least show you the names of these new agreements, better than your void repetitions.

China had the opportunity to change the course of the relationship but you refused to take it. As expected.
tell me what you expect us to do please. you said you don't expect a free donation from us, nor a retreat from our current standpoint, then what else do you expect? Transfer the high speed train technology to you? the 052D technology? the J20 technology? the super computer technology? or the quantumn communication technology?

a void comment again.

If you know any details about these new agreements, and you think the details could prove your view, share the details with us please. I at least show you the names of these new agreements, better than your void repetitions.

tell me what you expect us to do please. you said you don't expect a free donation from us, nor a retreat from our current standpoint, then what else do you expect? Transfer the high speed train technology to you? the 052D technology? the J20 technology? the super computer technology? or the quantumn communication technology?
ha ha ha you will never do transferring key technologies so why should we bother asking you for? even for lower tech you won´t. haven´t you read the agreements? can you tell me how such agreement like cooperation Vietnam Red Cross and China Red Cross brings Vietnam forward? amazing, that there isn´t such a primitive agreement between two nations existing until now. that tells everything about the bilateral relationship.

ha ha ha you will never do transferring key technologies so why should we bother asking you for? even for lower tech you won´t. haven´t you read the agreements? can you tell me how such agreement like cooperation Vietnam Red Cross and China Red Cross brings Vietnam forward? amazing, that there isn´t such a primitive agreement between two nations existing until now. that tells everything about the bilateral relationship.
why a cooperation on medical event can not bring Vietnam forward? The Chinese content below clearly shows China will send medical assistance to Vietnam. If you think it is useless, you can ask your border control to reject the arrival of the Chinese medial experts to Vietnam.

hi terranMarine, no matter how you perceive Vietnam, there is simply NO need to leave a message with such bad tone. It is fine to do an open debate, but debate doesn't mean humiliation, it could be polite and graceful as well.
This is why I like this guy.

Role model for a civil debate :cheers:

why a cooperation on medical event can not bring Vietnam forward? The Chinese content below clearly shows China will send medical assistance to Vietnam. If you think it is useless, you can ask your border control to reject the arrival of the Chinese medial experts to Vietnam.
I am pretty sure if a Chinese medical team arrives (if ever) will be greeted by Vietnamese side. moreover they will be invited to eating pho. but seriously talking, don´t you think it is too little?

the Japanese build in Vietnam from bridges to roads, schools, universities to kindergartens. they provide money, assistance and everything. Mr Abe brings money and 6 patrol ships on his stop in Vietnam. all in all they assist Vietnam on the road to become a modern country. and China? the biggest country in the world, most populous country, second largest economy, you have more money than you can ever spend. we are your next immediate neighbour. but you give us nothing. virtually. not even friendship. oh yes, some peanuts. thank you. but as said, we don´t expect anything from China. as usual.

As the Earth Shook, They Stood Firm

Vo Thi Mo led three commando squads against a battalion of the 25th Division in Vietnam in 1967.

The New York Times
THANH PHONG JANUARY 17, 2017

In January 1967, when the First and 25th Infantry Divisions of the United States Army began Operation Cedar Falls, their all-out offensive against the Communist strongholds of the “Iron Triangle” northwest of Saigon, Vo Thi Mo, 20, was ready.

Born in Cu Chi, in the middle of the Cedar Falls battle zone, Ms. Mo had been in the fight against American troops and the Army of the Republic of Vietnam — the South Vietnamese force, known as ARVN — since the age of 13, when she helped to build the extensive tunnel system that southern Communist forces, known as the National Liberation Front (and to its enemies as the Vietcong), used as barracks, command center and communications network.

By 1967 she was a “deputy of hamlet combat,” and 50 years ago this month she led three commando squads against a battalion of the 25th Division.

“I had never been at any military school,” said Ms. Mo, now 70 and still living in a small house in Cu Chi. “As a girl, I was so scared when I cocked a gun for the first time. But, you know, I learned a lot on the battlefields.”

Starting at age 13, Vo Thi Mo worked as a secret messenger for Communist forces in South Vietnam.

That poorly equipped, poorly supplied Communist forces were able to resist a sustained mechanized onslaught was a testament to the resilience, adaptability and tenacity of fighters like Ms. Mo. Their ability to survive, at a terrible cost, and learn from the experience helped shape their strategy for the rest of the war.

To understand the experiences of Vietnamese on both sides of the war, I’ve studied hundreds of Vietcong reports and communications, soldiers’ diaries and letters, captured by the Central Intelligence Agency and the Army of the Republic of South Vietnam and archived at Texas Tech University. I’ve also conducted dozens of interviews in Vietnam in which former soldiers like Ms. Mo reflected on the war, and Cedar Falls in particular. Besides Ms. Mo, the other interviewees spoke on condition that their initials, but not their names, would be published.

Even a half-century later, Col. Q.T.N., an 81-year-old former regiment commander and one of the few survivors of a division that was considered among the most hardened units of the Vietcong, shuddered as he recalled Cedar Falls in an interview at his home in Saigon, now known as Ho Chi Minh City.

After bomb and rocket attacks from B-52s, jet fighters, helicopters and heavy artillery secured the area, American tanks and troops came in “to search for and destroy us,” Colonel Q.T.N. said. “The lands of Cu Chi, Ben Cat and Ben Suc” — villages at the perimeter of the Iron Triangle — “were razed as if they were some evils peeled off the skins of our body. Therefore, we called the operation Peeling the Shell of the Earth.”

Operation Cedar Falls, viewed from the air, on a U.S. Army helicopter gunship, left, and below ground, where soldiers uncover hidden bags of rice.
DICK SWANSON / THE LIFE IMAGES COLLECTION, VIA GETTY IMAGES

He added: “Although they could not eliminate our leadership, they destroyed our bases, especially war supplies. To be honest, they created many difficulties for us and established a secure perimeter for themselves in the northwest of Saigon.”

Like the colonel, Mr. Q.H. has traumatic memories of the offensive. Born in Cu Chi in 1948 and educated at the University of Saigon, he went to the jungle to join the local Communists’ department of propaganda and training.

“The areas around Ben Cat and Ben Suc shook violently like there was an earthquake,” Mr. Q.H. said. “Because all the food supplies were captured or destroyed, we had nothing to eat and drink. I don’t know how and why I was able to survive the rain of bombs and the storm of fire pouring on us.”

Among the 350,000 documents that American and South Vietnamese forces captured during the operation are many showing that starvation was at the heart of the Communists’ concerns. Because the offensive was so fierce, their comrades near the village of Phuoc Hiep “did not dare to visit to collect rice,” Vietcong officials wrote in reports in mid-January 1967. Living under American surveillance after being relocated to a “New Life Hamlet,” the people in Thanh Hoa did not sell rice anymore, the officials wrote, “so we found it very difficult to survive.”

Many Vietcong escaped the ruined tunnels and hid along rivers and canals. “The Vietcong usually sank themselves in the mud along the canal banks,” a deserter told his interrogators, according to a report I found in the archives. “They had learned, from experience, that South Vietnamese soldiers would not check the canal banks very closely.”

But escape often proved impossible, and casualties rose. The Saigon River became a floating graveyard. In a memoir, Le Dinh An, a veteran of a South Vietnamese unit, wrote of “a river full of death.”

“Cadavers swelled, the men faced down in the water, while the women faced the sky,” he wrote. “When we moved into the new areas, we continued to see new dead bodies floating on the rivers, the banks and paddies. The corpses showed up everywhere.”

By the end of Operation Cedar Falls, American officials said 750 Vietcong were killed, along with 72 Americans and 11 South Vietnamese.

In their official writing, the Communists claimed that during the 19 days of the operation, their forces had resolutely fought the enemy advance of 30,000 United States and South Vietnamese troops. In reality, American and South Vietnamese troops faced only skirmishes against small units, not the main forces of the Vietcong.

China? the biggest country in the world, most populous country, second largest economy, you have more money than you can ever spend. we are your next immediate neighbour. but you give us nothing. virtually. not even friendship. oh yes, some peanuts. thank you. but as said, we don´t expect anything from China. as usual.

Didn't you say China is not the Big Boss of Asia, why are you describing China as such a powerful country now? :lol:
This is the reason why people who read this forum treat you Viets as losers. Looked down by Indons, Chinese and others who think you Viets are comedians. If you stop this kind of rubbish behavior (and act like a beggar) we can have good discussions without making fun of Viets. Just a friendly tip if you wish people to treat you guys serious.

Didn't you say China is not the Big Boss of Asia, why are you describing China as such a powerful country now? :lol:
This is the reason why people who read this forum treat you Viets as losers. Looked down by Indons, Chinese and others who think you Viets are comedians. If you stop this kind of rubbish behavior (and act like a beggar) we can have good discussions without making fun of Viets. Just a friendly tip if you wish people to treat you guys serious.
I wanted to be nice but you misunderstood the intention. You should read between the lines. Anyway do you believe we pay a penny worth of attention to such someone like Chinese or whoever or as you mention Indonesians who look down on Vietnam? You know too little about us. Keep your money. The Viet people have respect to the Japanese. Honestly speaking we admire them. They have politeness and dignity, while you have none. We like the Japanese and their products, while Chinese are at the same level as thiefs and hooligans, Chinese products between cheap, low quality and rubbish.

The Khmer hatred on Vietnam is bottomless but we are always ready to give them a helping hand, sacrificing our lives to stop them falling into abyss. Look at this. A victory monument erected in 1979 midst in the capital of Cambodia, remembering of Vietnam victory over the Red Khner Army, ending the genocide. That costs millions of Cambodian lives. The soldiers represent Viet and Cambodia armies, while the women holding the baby represents the Cambodia people.

Cambodia-Vietnam-Friendship-Monument-113214.jpg

Cambodia-Vietnam-Friendship-Monument-113215.jpg

I am pretty sure if a Chinese medical team arrives (if ever) will be greeted by Vietnamese side. moreover they will be invited to eating pho. but seriously talking, don´t you think it is too little?

the Japanese build in Vietnam from bridges to roads, schools, universities to kindergartens. they provide money, assistance and everything. Mr Abe brings money and 6 patrol ships on his stop in Vietnam. all in all they assist Vietnam on the road to become a modern country. and China? the biggest country in the world, most populous country, second largest economy, you have more money than you can ever spend. we are your next immediate neighbour. but you give us nothing. virtually. not even friendship. oh yes, some peanuts. thank you. but as said, we don´t expect anything from China. as usual.
thanks god you now at least acknowledge the medical assistance from China is a help to Vietnam.

One of the new agreements signed during the VCP head visit is called as 《中国国家开发银行与越南投资发展银行2017-2019年项目融资与双边授信合作谅解备忘录》, or the Financing and Credit Agreement between China Development Bank and Vietnam Investment Development Bank. If you happen to know any details about this, share with us.

you have more money than you can ever spend
we have more money than we can ever spend? I love your joke.
Yes, we have some money in the pockets, but we also have a longer shopping list that our money could not fully support yet. There are about 60 million people in China that still living in poverty, we need to help them, that needs a huge amount of money. We expect to double our 120k km expressway network, triple our 20k km high speed rail network, 10x of the metro lines, adopt more new energy power plants, improve the education and health care systems, these all need money. We also have plans on high tech R&D, super computers, quantum technologies, controlled nuclear fusion power plants, space programs to the Moon and the Mars, 6th-generation fighters, these again need tons of money. We also want to modernize the military, e.g. to have 8 carriers, 40 Type 055 destroyers, 1,000 J20s, again tons of money.

Warren Buffett is the guy with more money than he could ever spend. But I'll never expect to get even just one cent from him, unless I could show some real value to him, or to his company.

The Viet people have respect to the Japanese. Honestly speaking we admire them.

Oh yes, money from Japan, and also the coast guard ships. Congratulations!
While you make so much praises on Japan and Mr. Abe, but in Abe's most recent tour in South East Asia, he gives a one trillion JPY support to Philippines, equivalent to 10x of what he promises to Vietnam. What a sign of friendship!

https://english.kyodonews.jp/photos/2017/01/453864.html
http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/south...shinzo-abe-becomes-first-foreign-leader-visit

JPPL.jpg

JPVN.jpg

Patrol boats from Japan? Congratulations! But Japan even willing to give Philippine some missiles. Do you know how Duterte responded to Abe? "No! We don't need your missiles"

Japan must have delivered a similar missile package to Vietnam? Am I right?

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/duterte-rejected-japan-missile-offer-000000071.html
PHM.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom