What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

on german TVs, he talks about China and some others. Lets see. I may come back with a transcript if anything is worth to post here about the country in the north.
C2T0nGeWIAEJUV6.jpg

C2TwdAOXUAEjdD8.jpg

I wanted to be nice but you misunderstood the intention. You should read between the lines. Anyway do you believe we pay a penny worth of attention to such someone like Chinese or whoever or as you mention Indonesians who look down on Vietnam? You know too little about us. Keep your money. The Viet people have respect to the Japanese. Honestly speaking we admire them. They have politeness and dignity, while you have none. We like the Japanese and their products, while Chinese are at the same level as thiefs and hooligans, Chinese products between cheap, low quality and rubbish.

The Khmer hatred on Vietnam is bottomless but we are always ready to give them a helping hand, sacrificing our lives to stop them falling into abyss. Look at this. A victory monument erected in 1979 midst in the capital of Cambodia, remembering of Vietnam victory over the Red Khner Army, ending the genocide. That costs millions of Cambodian lives. The soldiers represent Viet and Cambodia armies, while the women holding the baby represents the Cambodia people.

Cambodia-Vietnam-Friendship-Monument-113214.jpg

Cambodia-Vietnam-Friendship-Monument-113215.jpg

Hmm

The Japanese are well behaved and polite and their products are good. But is this enough to earn respect when their countrymen deliberately starved to death millions of Vietnamese during ww2? Did they even see you as human? Did they say sorry? Pay compensation? Or even bother to mention their crimes against you in their textbooks?

China is undergoing a transformation. Just 2 more decades and China will be comfortably the largest economy by quite a large margin. Will Vietnam gain some sense and side with an ascendant China or join hands with a sinking Japan?

Hmm

The Japanese are well behaved and polite and their products are good. But is this enough to earn respect when their countrymen deliberately starved to death millions of Vietnamese during ww2? Did they even see you as human? Did they say sorry? Pay compensation? Or even bother to mention their crimes against you in their textbooks?

China is undergoing a transformation. Just 2 more decades and China will be comfortably the largest economy by quite a large margin. Will Vietnam gain some sense and side with an ascendant China or join hands with a sinking Japan?
if you believe money is everything, then keep your money, we don´t need it. China once had the largest GDP in the world, but our relationship was one of worst. politeness and dignity are more important to the Vietnamese people, what you lack of. the more money you have the more arrogance you put on display. yes we have seen wars with Japan, America and France but they are all short-lived, but with China, the war seems never ends. yes we rather ally with Japan going down the drain keeping our dignity. you are offered with many opportunities but you always refuse to take them. as said keep your money.

if you believe money is everything, then keep your money, we don´t need it. China once had the largest GDP in the world, but our relationship was one of worst. politeness and dignity are more important to the Vietnamese people, what you lack of. the more money you have the more arrogance you put on display. yes we have seen wars with Japan, America and France but they are all short-lived, but with China, the war seems never ends. yes we rather ally with Japan going down the drain keeping our dignity. you are offered with many opportunities but you always refuse to take them. as said keep your money.

Chinese are not arrogant, its just that the arrogant ones make the news and make everyone else look bad.

Side with Japan and sink together for all I care. But truth be told, I think that your leaders are not as foolish as you and will eventually cast their lot with China.

For all your talk of war, China has Vietnam by the balls not militarily but by sheer size of economy and shared history and culture. Why choose confrontation when you cannot win? The war never ends because Vietnam is a violent neighbour.

More of choppers because VN can make artillery guns. Actually we are interested of everything that can fly, from aircraft to heli to drone. Best if India offers joint production and development.

Some people may argue VN is backward can't do anything, but tend to forget that is just a snapshot of time they are seeing. Few years ago when Samsung began setting up factories in Vietnam they couldn't find any Vietnamese company to support the smartphone production chain. Today there are 200 domestic companies providing everything to Samsung exceeding 50pct localization rate. Few years ago we were unable to do much in construction field. Today we can build subways, highways, bridges and even if asked for the highest building in the world. What Vietnam needs is money, expertise, startup assistance and everything else will come with time.

thats actually a valid point - are there any subsystems the Vietnam can offer to India for a JV of sorts?

Chinese are not arrogant, its just that the arrogant ones make the news and make everyone else look bad.

Side with Japan and sink together for all I care. But truth be told, I think that your leaders are not as foolish as you and will eventually cast their lot with China.

For all your talk of war, China has Vietnam by the balls not militarily but by sheer size of economy and shared history and culture. Why choose confrontation when you cannot win? The war never ends because Vietnam is a violent neighbour.
we are confronting China since not yesterday but since more than 2,000 years in case you haven´t noticed. we have more wars against China and your allies than probably any other country in the world. we are not violent without reasons. we never start a war, never firing the first shot. it is always you and your allies that want to rape and destroy Vietnam.

we are confronting China since not yesterday but since more than 2,000 years in case you haven´t noticed. we have more wars against China and your allies than probably any other country in the world. we are not violent without reasons. we never start a war, never firing the first shot. it is always you and your allies that want to rape and destroy Vietnam.

Are you kidding me?

Remember the kingdom of Champa? Vietnam is expansionist, its just that you cannot expand north towards China so you rampage south, adding sections and crushing kingdoms in a piecemeal manner. Like segments of bamboo, you add territory bit by bit.

Big fish eat little fish. Little fish eat even smaller fish.

My problem is that you worship countries that held your people in contempt and saw your brothers and sisters as less than human. How did the French colonial masters treat you? The Japanese? The Americans? In such a short time they did so much damage but all you remember is China.

You forget that it was the Chinese captured artillery that helped you dislodge the French at Dien Bien Phu. Chinese black flag banners who fought the French in the early days. Chinese engineers and anti air crew who held north Vietnam together against the American. Chinese rice that fed your soldiers to resist the foreign invaders.

How many died from famine deliberately induced by the French and then the Japanese? How many dead from American bombing? How much dead wildlife and trees from the pesticides sprayed on you like insects?

I know the pain of the Vietnamese people in the 20th century and for the most part it was caused by the west and Japan. China helped rid your country of their parasitic infestation.

I have nothing against Vietnam. My wife in the near future is part Vietnamese. I was born in Vietnam. And it pains me to see Vietnam lose memory so quickly of the true enemies.

Are you kidding me?

Remember the kingdom of Champa? Vietnam is expansionist, its just that you cannot expand north towards China so you rampage south, adding sections and crushing kingdoms in a piecemeal manner. Like segments of bamboo, you add territory bit by bit.

Big fish eat little fish. Little fish eat even smaller fish.

My problem is that you worship countries that held your people in contempt and saw your brothers and sisters as less than human. How did the French colonial masters treat you? The Japanese? The Americans? In such a short time they did so much damage but all you remember is China.

You forget that it was the Chinese captured artillery that helped you dislodge the French at Dien Bien Phu. Chinese black flag banners who fought the French in the early days. Chinese engineers and anti air crew who held north Vietnam together against the American. Chinese rice that fed your soldiers to resist the foreign invaders.

How many died from famine deliberately induced by the French and then the Japanese? How many dead from American bombing? How much dead wildlife and trees from the pesticides sprayed on you like insects?

I know the pain of the Vietnamese people in the 20th century and for the most part it was caused by the west and Japan. China helped rid your country of their parasitic infestation.

I have nothing against Vietnam. My wife in the near future is part Vietnamese. I was born in Vietnam. And it pains me to see Vietnam lose memory so quickly of the true enemies.

China always intervened when there was a danger to Chinese mainland. and you forgot it was Champa that wanted to annihilate Vietnam by launching a total of 10 invasions. should we have sat still when they sent us to gas chambers while you applauded your ally?

China always intervened when there was a danger to Chinese mainland. and you forgot it was Champa that wanted to annihilate Vietnam by launching a total of 10 invasions. should we have sat still when they sent us to gas chambers while you applauded your ally?

Thats beside the point.

Im not talking about grattitude or any lack of. I am talking of the Vietnamese propensity to side with and worship countries that exploited your countrymen (France, Japan) or caused the deaths of millions in the name of political ideology (U.S.A).

You have not made any comment of Japanese induced famine that killed millions. Of the French colonial masters that did the same and enslaved your people like their colonies in Africa. Instead you praise them.

Thats beside the point.

Im not talking about grattitude or any lack of. I am talking of the Vietnamese propensity to side with and worship countries that exploited your countrymen (France, Japan) or caused the deaths of millions in the name of political ideology (U.S.A).

You have not made any comment of Japanese induced famine that killed millions. Of the French colonial masters that did the same and enslaved your people like their colonies in Africa. Instead you praise them.
I suggest before you lecture Vietnam, you should follow the rules you set. stop every relationships to Russia. Stop sending tourists to Japan. Stop trading with America. Oh don´t forget stop doing everything with Germany. there are more nations that came to China wanting to colonize, looting you. they killed millions of Chinese, but today as per your own logic, you worship them.

Calling you shameless clown is an understatement.

I suggest before you lecture Vietnam, you should follow the rules you set. stop every relationships to Russia. Stop sending tourists to Japan. Stop trading with America. Oh don´t forget stop doing everything with Germany. there are more nations that came to China wanting to colonize, looting you. they killed millions of Chinese, but today as per your own logic, you worship them.

True. I have often spoken of the eight nation alliance that ransacked China to forever remember the past. The Chinese government will time and time again teach the people of the century of humiliation. And Chinese people have a very long memory and do not forget. Not like Vietnam it seems.

You dont care about the mass starvation under the Japanese or exploitation under the French. You only raise hell over a border war in 1979 caused when you invaded Cambodia.

True. I have often spoken of the eight nation alliance that ransacked China to forever remember the past. The Chinese government will time and time again teach the people of the century of humiliation. And Chinese people have a very long memory and do not forget. Not like Vietnam it seems.

You dont care about the mass starvation under the Japanese or exploitation under the French. You only raise hell over a border war in 1979 caused when you invaded Cambodia.
You can admit you worship them today. End of this discussion.

As for invasion of Cambodia, you ignored the fact the Khmer attacked us before we responded. By the way, you can admit were so happy to have a pretext to rape and destroy Vietnam. Thailand once invaded Cambodia and even annexed the country why you did not intervene?

For the record.

I don't worship any country, as do our Armed Forces. We have friends, partners, frenemies (I'm looking at you, China and Cambodia). If you give us benefits, we'll return the favors, that's basically how diplomatic works.

So, can we stop this argument?

Back
Top Bottom