What's new

Vayu Calls JF17- A Game Changer.

jf-17 rd-93 provides a better thrust than LCA ge404 engibne..
its only down side is its short life..
but if we can get rd-33mk ..it will solve that problem
C+ is there to keep the avionics as much as open as possible see jf-17 history to find why this was done..itsnt a bad sign in any way

jf-17 equipped with 4 sd-10 bvrs and descent radar and force multiplier can nay time face any indian aircraft that india is to offer till 2020 apart from PAKFA, which isnt coming anytime soon.

When will the first batch out of 50 Level 2 JF-17 Planes will arrive in Pakistan ?

Level 2?? You mean the 50 JFTs China talked about on an urgent basis?? Are those blk II??
Yes because those are fully euipped planes some call it level 2 and some block 2 but still they are equipped with better Avinoics and all kind of Missiles including BVR

You should really delete your post because your claims that the LCA borrowed or stole it's wings from the S-37 is BS.

On Topic, the Jf-17 provides the PAF with a cheap BVR solution, its grownd attack should be decent even better than the Tejas given its wingloading. As an airdefence fighter this is better solution IMO than upgraded the F-7 since the JF-17 atleast will have better survivability and potential for upgrades. However there is a limit. It uses C+ rather than ADA for its FBW. Not a good sign. The other is the engine, although the RD-39 is better at short takeoffs than the AL-31 it has not future unless China builds a new variant thats more powerfull. Switching the RD-39 engine out for something else like the Eurojets could be possible but will require changes in the airframe. Can Pakistan change the airframe itself for a different engine without Chinese involvement it may be possible.
You are all over the place, the redundency of thoughts is so much that I find it pretty difficult to sort out theme between the words, anyways
1- There is a difference between cheap and value for money. The thing may have a higher price tag but what is the marginal benifit that this thing is going to offer. One can always agrue with this, but if one can have the manuverbility of F-16A and circa 80% capability of Block 50/52, thats not a bad deal at all. JFT provides PAF with broad spectrum of ops from A2A to SEAD, WW,PGM, ASh and very likely SoW Capability. Thats what it offers, great value for money.
2- AFAIK, PAF used C+ because of its versatility, ADA is a restircted and dedicated language for military applications. In PAF's view (as per my interpertation) C+ would enhance the software universe to much broader extent (as its a broadly used programing language thus have greater applications available than the dedicated ADA).
3- Even J-7 has seen a lot of evolution, CAC, still operates a new varient of J-7 called J-7G (IMHO) so apparently they are not completely done with J-7 yet. JFT has a whole plan of upgrades lined up and will evolve accordingly (J-17B, J-17 DAV and rumored RCS optimzed J-17 aka AMF)
4- Its RD-93 not RD-39, btw RD-33MK (an upgrade over RD-93) was on display in China thought to be a choice for JFT Block II, WS-13 is already powering FC-1 so i dont think there would be a radical redesign just because of engine. Moreover, PAC is producing 58% of airfame in house ab-initio and will eventually move to 100% in house production meaning design tweaks too.

Right now, PAF has limited ability to counter MKI, Mirage-2000, Mig-29s even in defensive role (while flying within our own air space in time of war) but after the induction of planned 250 thunders, GAME would be changed FOR SURE. As Thunders along with AWACS would make sure to deny air superiority to IAF over Pakistani skies, Block-52/FC-20 would be able to fly more sorties for deep strike missions.

Pak Shaheen.

By the time PAF has a fleet of Thunders numbering 250 THE IAF will have moved another generation.
Its taken 2 years to deliver 36 Thunders
First JFT arrived IN 2009.
What abou cost whose paying for 250 JFT especially ungraded versions

Minimum time span is 2018-2020 to induct 300 Thunders

Those JFT will be one generation behind the MMRCA & new FGFA which will be arriving around 2020

No matter how hard you try you cant turn a budget warplane into a RAFALE TYPHOON OR FGFA type of war plane

Rafale RCS is q quarter of the F16 and has stealth avionics already
FGFA will lead any strike around 2020 and be near invivisble to JFT IN 2020

" You cant buy, acquire 300 thunders in 2 to 3 years" and china cannot produce that many anyway it will take time"

And all the Indian fighters you mentioned in your post are there, right? FGFA is in testing phase. MMRCA is not even announced officially (the actual winner). So, no worries for the time span and this is why China is going to EXPIDITE 50 copies on urgent basis apart from already in production in PAC. And BTW, 4 out of 6 factories at PAC are working on thunders after expansion in facility. As Mirage and F-7s would be replaced so their rebuild factories have been converted into Thunder assembly units as well. Now you can imagine what kind of production rate i am talking about here.

Certainly, Pakistan would pay for the fighters though mode of payment can be different. RCS reduction may not make much difference to any air force as both IAF and PAF would be flying with AWACS support who have much powerful and long range radars.

Certainly there is a limit to upgrade but again just read who actually design Thunder. MMRCA's competitors were announced years back.... Do you really think, PAF would not take these future threats into account while going for the Block II?

BTW, how many prototypes of FGFA are there and what is project status? just carious.

thunder took a lot of time in protoype phase to ensure that it can effectivly respond any threat from IAF side..
today i think and PAF think it can easily counter all the aircrafts in india inventery..
besides this PAF is going for j-10/f-16 combo for strike capability..as the only down side of thunder is its range and payload..but it will cover these limitation by greater sorties and numbers. Remeber thunder was built to ensure low cost of operation, easy operability, quick maintenance ..the same principle the gripen was built to counter a much larger threat effectivly

And all the Indian fighters you mentioned in your post are there, right? FGFA is in testing phase. MMRCA is not even announced officially (the actual winner). So, no worries for the time span and this is why China is going to EXPIDITE 50 copies on urgent basis apart from already in production in PAC. And BTW, 4 out of 6 factories at PAC are working on thunders after expansion in facility. As Mirage and F-7s would be replaced so their rebuild factories have been converted into Thunder assembly units as well. Now you can imagine what kind of production rate i am talking about here.

Certainly, Pakistan would pay for the fighters though mode of payment can be different. RCS reduction may not make much difference to any air force as both IAF and PAF would be flying with AWACS support who have much powerful and long range radars.

Certainly there is a limit to upgrade but again just read who actually design Thunder. MMRCA's competitors were announced years back.... Do you really think, PAF would not take these future threats into account while going for the Block II?

BTW, how many prototypes of FGFA are there and what is project status? just carious.
it is on paper....if all goes well (with DRDO),the expected date is 2025....I dont mind him....One has to pull such stunts to get out dhoti shiver mode....

it is on paper....if all goes well (with DRDO),the expected date is 2025....I dont mind him....One has to pull such stunts to get out dhoti shiver mode....

:lol: Its not a new plane. Its mainly based on PAKFA that is in testing phase and as you know Russia dnt need to copy others technology nor need others engines;) to built fighter jet

:lol: Its not a new plane. Its mainly based on PAKFA that is in testing phase and as you know Russia dnt need to copy others technology nor need others engines;) to built fighter jet
its like A+D+J+K+Z=????? whats the point? A plane besed on technology prototype not to be a paper plane...thats some brilliant thought process, if brain is used....pity

its like A+D+J+K+Z=????? whats the point? A plane besed on technology prototype not to be a paper plane...thats some brilliant thought process, if brain is used....pity

I can understand your condition

talking about brain with the argument that FGFA come up at 2025 .... pity

I can understand your condition

talking about brain with the argument that FGFA come up at 2025 .... pity
well this was quoted by one of your countrymen....It would have been better if you would have come up with correction or ammendment?...........btw what was ur point? you havent clarified that....what is ment by a plane that is to be based on a plane which is still a prototype is not on a paper?

well this was quoted by one of your countrymen....It would have been better if you would have come up with correction or ammendment?...........btw what was ur point? you havent clarified that....what is ment by a plane that is to be based on a plane which is still a prototype is not on a paper?

I dnt think its too hard to understand that FGFA is 2 seat variant of PAKFA so their is no need to test it from basic just extra added systems has to test with them. As Russia to start production of PAKFA in 2014 -15 so we need another 3-4 years to built FGFA. Can you still call it on Paper ???

I dnt think its too hard to understand that FGFA is 2 seat variant of PAKFA so their is no need to test it from basic just extra added systems has to test with them. As Russia to start production of PAKFA in 2014 -15 so we need another 3-4 years to built FGFA. Can you still call it on Paper ???
Again you're contradicting in your own post....
Russia's fifth-generation jet fighter, the T-50, is to undergo more than 2,000 flight tests before full-scale production starts, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said Monday.

"Before the jet goes into production, it should complete over 2,000 test flights," Putin said.

He also said now that Russia had a fifth-generation prototype fighter, it should start working on a new-generation long-range strategic bomber that he described as "an airborne missile-carrier.

"A source at the Sukhoi aircraft maker said earlier in the day the T-50 would start on a standard flight test program in April, adding it would take "several years" to complete the testing program (then the question of production kicks in).A prototype of the fighter made a 47-minute maiden flight in Russia's Far East on January 29.
ASIAN DEFENCE: PAK FA to make 2,000 flights before production starts
anyways i am still looking for my answer that how a plane which is yet to be based on a prototype is not a paper plane as of yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom