What's new

Vayu Calls JF17- A Game Changer.

rsingh

BANNED
Reaction score
Chengdu Aerospace’s FC-1/JF-17

For more than 50 years, the US aerospace industry was the main supplier of inexpensive, lightweight fighter aircraft to nations that needed a multi-role aircraft, usually as a counter to the air force of a nation next door that was flying some model of the famous Mikoyan Design Bureau (MiG) fighter aircraft. There is probably no better case of how the US and the USSR (and later Russia) have consistently developed progressively more technologically advanced fighter aircraft types for export to their respective client states than the balance of air power that the two Super Powers have helped to maintain between Pakistan and India.
In the 1950s, for example, the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) took delivery of 120 North American F-86 Sabre aircraft and 12 F-104 Starfighters that later saw action against the Hunter and MiG-21 and other Soviet-model aircraft flown by the Indian Air Force (IAF). As the years passed, the F-86 gave way to the Northrop F-5 as the primary American export fighter (though not to the PAF) and

Please post the full article. Seems the full article is available to those who have bought the subscription.

if any body have subscription of this magazine can post the article here . without nothing is available .

I don't think the magazine has alot on the JFT - the link just a summary of lightweight fighters and an image of the JFT. Being an Indian aerospace concern, I wouldn't expect them to be fawning over the JFT.

Maybe I'm biased, having seen far too many Indians bashing the JFT. Makes me expect that the next Indian source would also be similar

jf 17 is a game changer only in economic scale ..

jf 17 is a game changer only in economic scale ..

Nop its not, Just because Pakistan Has been a part of it and is Using it we cannot underestimate this fighter, there have been Many fighters in the history which have been Cheap and Yet effective than the best in there class.....

What is that You dont Find In a JF-17?? Could U please elaborate??

I see it is equalient to F-16 Blk 15 MLU(BVR capable)

And if they add AESA, then more or less same Blk 52

We should not underestimate that fighter, Actually LCA programme started for such kind of a fighter earlier but in between IAF wanted more modifications and now it is not a light fighter like JFT.

Nop its not, Just because Pakistan Has been a part of it and is Using it we cannot underestimate this fighter, there have been Many fighters in the history which have been Cheap and Yet effective than the best in there class.....

What is that You dont Find In a JF-17?? Could U please elaborate??

Ok lets take it ... JF17 is good but how its game changer ?????

there are many air crafts which are cheap and didnt make difference also...
i am not considering jf 17 as useless one, but its effectiveness so far is, its damn cheap ( thanks to china) and may be in numbers it could change game i am not denying it. but as a individual fighter its not a game changer in fighting thats what i believe.

See, As a fighter alone JFT won't be any game changer, BUT 250 light weight fighters with decent radar and with BVR missiles like SD-10 connected to 9-10 Early Warning air crafts sided with F-16 Blk52s is a formidable force to defend Pak air space.

Ok lets take it ... JF17 is good but how its game changer ?????

Only JF-17 has forced western nations to move their industry to low cost production countries and counter further such developments emerging from third world states.

for example, it never will be viable for India to build its own plane because low cost F-16 will be produced in India.

In presence of AESA+BVR+advance ECM suite, JFT beat F-16 any block any time any where.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom