What's new

Vayu Calls JF17- A Game Changer.

Something worth noting for the records, PAF is inducting the JF-17 to replace it's A-5s (Done) Mirages and F-7S.
Where as India, even after having a large fleet of MKIs, not to mention, MiG-29s, Mirag-2000s and Jaguars with LCA in the pipeline still requires an MMCA .

and FGFA you see your not our only concern:)

honestly if you read many threads or posts about JF17 by pakistani they place it in highest pedestal ( we have no issues with that) and demean MKI (for this we do).
and that is y i wrote that i have to be blunt to the both sides .

Something worth noting for the records, PAF is inducting the JF-17 to replace it's A-5s (Done) Mirages and F-7S.
Where as India, even after having a large fleet of MKIs, not to mention, MiG-29s, Mirag-2000s and Jaguars with LCA in the pipeline still requires an MMCA .

Why not ?

If India aims to be a global power then India requires a massive fleet comprising of mostly indigenous 5th Gen fighters and AMCA is only one small step towards that goal. AMCA and PAK FA will have different roles, and AMCA is the next logical step to utilize the infrastructure that was established to design LCA.

If you're referring to MRCA, then you cant really blame India for being so much bigger than Pakistan and having a more preferable economic status. MRCA will provide India with the best 4.5 gen (for India's requirements) in the world, not just the best in Asia.

Noted......

Theres a lot of talk about RCS and turn tound times between engagements.

Does anubody know the RCS of the JFT as relative to say Mirage2000 F16 OR in deed jaguar or mig21 bison.

More importantly TURN ROUND times are only useful if your are stil alive and fighting. Pdf members are being very presumtious that the JFT will survive the first onslaught of mot just SU30MKI but mirage2000-5 and mig29smt/k

Those are all combat proven highly mature platforms and they are coming in big nos not just 30 or 40

Im basically a fan boy with no info what so ever since i study management sciences (1st year).. so what im saying is I know nothing and the reason I came here on PDF was to gain knowledge about something every Pakistani loves i.e PAF...
Now as for the RCS issue

The RCS of JF-17 is as many insiders believe lower than anything PAF has got in its inventory that includes the F-16 BLK-50/52 which BTW has an RCS of 1 - 1.2 m2.
and the last time I checked PAF wanted 250-300 JF-17's.. "not just 30 or 40"

And there was alot of talk lately of how Pakistan achieved a psychological advantage by testing Nasr missile by giving the warning that the nuclear threshold has just been lowered ... thereby deterring even the " limited war " that could be imposed upon us.
So the possibility of a full outburst is long gone as both countries have nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them...
Now lets take limited conventional war ( although nasr pretty much deters that as well but what the heck is wrong in assuming)..
Under such conditions Pakistan would rely heavily on its stand off weapons like H-2,H-4 and RAAD etc
while IAF can afford to launch MKI's,M2K's,SMT's etc

And PAF will be completely wiped off ... there will be no survivor of the first onslaught of MKI,M2k's and SMT's....
"how exactly" is the question...
1 situation could be

air to ground "surgical" strikes
If PAF was to have
-no force multipliers
-no awacs
-no sams
-no ground radar coverage
-pilots sleeping
-aircrafts on the ground
only then would
-IAF come and take out PAF

In air to air
If PAF were to have
-No awacs coverage
-No BVR's
-No EW enviornment
- No weapons on JFT or F-16's
- Just fuel loaded
only then would
-IAF pilots come in lock and shoot easily and go home and watch how "munni ki badnami hoi" or how " Sheila jawan hoi"

However this pretty much seems far from reality doesn't it...
This is a little part of reality :-

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/32456-proud-history-paf.html

Back
Top Bottom