What's new

US warns Pakistan of ‘multiple repercussions’

But were mercenaries / cannon fodder being used for a purpose entirely unconnected with, and even inimical to, their national interests.

Obviously you have not had an opportunity to look at the historical background.

There was a significant trade going on between India and China, and defending that trade against the restrictions imposed by the Chinese government was one of the reasons. The other reason should have occurred to you if you had any interest in military history and had noted the date. This was five years before the Younghusband expedition. The Gorkhas had just fought a short, sharp war with Tibet, in two instalments, and Chinese Qing Dynasty intervention and active presence was prominent. There was no access allowed to the autonomous Tibetan administration by the Chinese, and the Indian Government hoped for some relief from the events of 1900.

Where you get the inimical to our interests part is unknown to me.

There was a significant trade going on between India and China, and defending that trade against the restrictions imposed by the Chinese government was one of the reasons.
Why should China not have the right to control its own trade?

In any case any profit would accrue to the British, who were happy to engineer genocides in India through famines.

Why should Indian cannon-fodder be used to protect British profits?

The other reason should have occurred to you if you had any interest in military history and had noted the date. This was five years before the Younghusband expedition.

This fellow Younghusband apparently massacred thousands of Tibetan monks.

Where you get the inimical to our interests part is unknown to me.
Given that the British were a colonial power committing multiple genocides in India, anything that strengthened the British in Asia would be against Indian interests.

I think that Americans are actually very exposed in Afghanistan. Iran Russia and Pakistan countries that control routes will not miss the opportunity to act in concert imo

I wouldn't go that far. I don't think there's much likelihood of serious Pak/Russia/Iran cooperation against NATO, but Putin will definitely demand his pound of flesh for the NDN. The US knows what's coming ahead and is likely to push the path of least resistance: Pakistan.

I wouldn't go that far. I don't think there's much likelihood of serious Pak/Russia/Iran cooperation against NATO, but Putin will definitely demand his pound of flesh for the NDN. The US knows what's coming ahead and is likely to push the path of least resistance: Pakistan.

I am of the opinion that all three acting in concert on Afghanistan will bring significant benefits to all three. None of the three want an American base in Afghanistan long term.

All three along with China were on the same page at the Turkish conference on Afghanistan

You seem proud of the massacres and crimes committed by the U.S. It's not about who is more powerful, it's about who is RIGHT. At least that's how normal human beings think.

Grow up what i was speaking and what you are saying ? Read posts carefully and reply with sensible comments :tongue:

I am of the opinion that all three acting in concert on Afghanistan will bring significant benefits to all three. None of the three want an American base in Afghanistan long term.

All three along with China were on the same page at the Turkish conference on Afghanistan

Having reservations about permanent US bases is one thing, but I just don't see the level of trust between the three to coordinate what you are proposing. Russia knows that one of Pakistan's motivations is to check India's presence in Afghanistan, and it is not likely to be party to that.

Having reservations about permanent US bases is one thing, but I just don't see the level of trust between the three to coordinate what you are proposing. Russia knows that one of Pakistan's motivations is to check India's presence in Afghanistan, and it is not likely to be party to that.

I think that India is very important in that that would be the case if Indians were not firmly in American camp. I also think that you underestimate how much Russians and Chinese do not want permanent American presence in Afghanistan. Note I mean long term

Quite simply, NWA remains a bastion of the TTP, the Army has negligible presence there and it is effectively, not under the control of the state.

Then you admit the drones do not violate Pakistan's sovereignty, as they have none in these areas?

Remember Bharti. Abbottabad was nothing compared to Mumbai. Where 10 guys humiliated your special forces for days on end. Before making such ridiculous statements please reflect on that incident.
lol mumbai worse than Abbotabad?
What about deaths of your army men, daily drone attacks
the similar guys blowing up your P3s by entering your naval base(not a hotel:P)?
the similar guys attacking your Jail(not a hotel)?
the similar guys attacking you daily with bombs :P
Just look at yourself in mirror before making fun of ur self :tongue:

Repercussions most likely mean sanctions post 2014. We can handle that. US is doing a hell of a job to isolate itself in the world, so why should Pakistan care.

We will work till we get the international "aclaim" that Pakistan's got.

(however, I do understand a need to stand up for one's sovereignty, maybe all parties can climb down a rung)

We will work till we get the international "aclaim" that Pakistan's got.

Tyrants and bullies often speak this way. But in the end they fall. Its just a matter of time before you have to come and camp in my garage lol. No video games allowed.

Back
Top Bottom